+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On BOWP, PR rejected - what happens?

gabbie

Oct 15, 2013
Actually, I might be facing that situation (PR rejected while BOWP is being processed) soon. Does seniors have any suggestion?

watchpu5hp

Star Member
May 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th Dec 2012
Doc's Request.
NA
AOR Received.
28th Jan 2013
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
24th Sep 2013
Med's Done....
1st Oct 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21st Oct 2013
VISA ISSUED...
7th nov 2013
LANDED..........
10th Nov 2013
ohh..my bad i did not notice :)
lpc19800 said:
Question is from July, before OP's MR was received :)

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
I'm hoping that even in 2018, this is true.
If your PR gets refused but your BOWP gets approved before the refusal, then you are fine to work with the approved BOWP. The BOWP will have a new expiry date and you can work till then. It looks just like a normal open work permit. The only difference is in the notes at the bottom saying your status is maintained as per the PR application you submitted. This also means you can use that to apply for another PR application and hopefully get approved the second time. This is what happened in my case. My PR was refused but my BOWP was approved. I reapplied and got my PR the second time. Best of luck.

asd1985

Nov 27, 2015
The draw is out. I have an ITA but as my immigration lawyer and my workplace lawyer have both confirmed that i can apply under implied status, i'll take my 3-4 days and make sure i do it right this time. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaykay101

WChebett

Dec 4, 2018
If your PR gets refused but your BOWP gets approved before the refusal, then you are fine to work with the approved BOWP. The BOWP will have a new expiry date and you can work till then. It looks just like a normal open work permit. The only difference is in the notes at the bottom saying your status is maintained as per the PR application you submitted. This also means you can use that to apply for another PR application and hopefully get approved the second time. This is what happened in my case. My PR was refused but my BOWP was approved. I reapplied and got my PR the second time. Best of luck.[/QUOT

Reactions: shaizeik

WChebett

Dec 4, 2018
Hello, I am in the same situation at the moment, after 9months I received a rejection but I got a bowp . Can I still apply for express entry under CEC with the BOWP and get pr? Very urgent

Thanks

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hello, I am in the same situation at the moment, after 9months I received a rejection but I got a bowp . Can I still apply for express entry under CEC with the BOWP and get pr? Very urgent

Thanks
Yes you can. My application was rejected because I did not have proof of the job I did back in England which I claimed points for. I decided not to include that job in my job history. I included it in my personal history, applied for an ECA for my education and I recovered the missing points. I received the rejection of my PR and the approval of my BOWP on the same day. Weird huh? I reapplied for PR again while on the newly approved BOWP and my PR got approved.

w2binCa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018

Thanks
@WChebett After 9 months? Can you share the reason for rejection?

Last edited:

w2binCa

Star Member
Oct 15, 2018
Yes you can. My application was rejected because I did not have proof of the job I did back in England which I claimed points for. I decided not to include that job in my job history. I included it in my personal history, applied for an ECA for my education and I recovered the missing points. I received the rejection of my PR and the approval of my BOWP on the same day. Weird huh? I reapplied for PR again while on the newly approved BOWP and my PR got approved.
@Jaykay101 Hello. How many days since AOR had your first application when rejected? Hope not 9 months as @WChebett
I thought CEC applications wouldn’t get rejected after so many months in process

Last edited:

Jaykay101

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
@Jaykay101 Hello. How many days since AOR had your first application when rejected? Hope not 9 months as @WChebett
I thought CEC applications wouldn’t get rejected after so many months in process
I can’t remember the exact time frame, I didn’t keep track of the first application but it was about 4 months. Your application can be rejected at any point through the process. The length of time isn’t that significant.

Reactions: shaizeik

RanaHamdi

Star Member
Dec 16, 2018

Hello, I think I will be in the same situation. Could you please share with us your timeline ? When was ur 1st Aor and when it was rejected ? And the second?? I would be grateful if you could help please

Soon to be pr

Jun 28, 2018
If your PR gets refused but your BOWP gets approved before the refusal, then you are fine to work with the approved BOWP. The BOWP will have a new expiry date and you can work till then. It looks just like a normal open work permit. The only difference is in the notes at the bottom saying your status is maintained as per the PR application you submitted. This also means you can use that to apply for another PR application and hopefully get approved the second time. This is what happened in my case. My PR was refused but my BOWP was approved. I reapplied and got my PR the second time. Best of luck.
What was the reason of refuse the first time?