+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

On a open work permit and awaiting TRV since April

prasoonpawar

Nov 17, 2020
Hello,
My name is Prasoon Pawar. I am on an open work permit and stuck in India since March. My visa expired during the lockdown and I was scheduled to leave for Canada two days after the lockdown happened in India. I applied for a new TRV(Temporary Resident Visa) in April and since then the only update I have got was about the correspondence letter that too a few days ago. I just got a job and working remotely. Now, the company wants me to come to Canada ASAP. Can someone help me how to accelerate the process or get a single entry visa so that I can get in Canada then later apply for a TRV inside Canada? Thanks in advance.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
TRVs don’t have urgent processing unless for compassionate reasons. You should hear soon as you are at the 8 month mark.

GandiBaat

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2014
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26th September 2021
Doc's Request.
Old Medical
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
26th September 2021
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-01-2022
Med's Request
Not Applicable, Old Meds
Med's Done....
Old Medical
Interview........
Not Applicable
Passport Req..
22-02-2022
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2022
LANDED..........
24-02-2022
Hello,
My name is Prasoon Pawar. I am on an open work permit and stuck in India since March. My visa expired during the lockdown and I was scheduled to leave for Canada two days after the lockdown happened in India. I applied for a new TRV(Temporary Resident Visa) in April and since then the only update I have got was about the correspondence letter that too a few days ago. I just got a job and working remotely. Now, the company wants me to come to Canada ASAP. Can someone help me how to accelerate the process or get a single entry visa so that I can get in Canada then later apply for a TRV inside Canada? Thanks in advance.
TRV processing within Canada is somewhat faster these days, ie 50 days or so of processing time.

prasoonpawar

Nov 17, 2020
TRV processing within Canada is somewhat faster these days, ie 50 days or so of processing time.
Yes, but I am not in Canada right now. One of my friends applied inside Canada for TRV and received it within 20 days which is a normal processing time.