+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Omnitempus/Colombian police certificate

Vanessaagn

Apr 26, 2021
Hi Vanessa, thanks for sharing your experience,
Can you help me with a couple of questions?

1. Is it necessary to do an official translation of the emails ? or I can translate by myself.
2. what should I ask to them ? BGOTAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
3. did IRCC sent you a letter requesting the PCC with an address ? my letter had "regular mail and courier" in Sydney, NS, I just wonder if omnitempus looks at this letter, or if it's not neccesary.
4. where should I call IRCC to see if it's on the system?

Thank you so much
Hi!
1. I was capable of doing it but Considering how serious the process is, I decided to do it with and office translator.
2.You should ask if your police certificate is in the system.
3. Yes, IRCC sent me a letter and Omnitempus need this letter to complete the process.
4. Put online IRCC phone number and the number of will appear ( google)

I got my PR 1 month after IRCC confirm that Puc was in the system.

good luck

Reactions: tv01d

tv01d

May 26, 2021
Hi!
1. I was capable of doing it but Considering how serious the process is, I decided to do it with and office translator.
2.You should ask if your police certificate is in the system.
3. Yes, IRCC sent me a letter and Omnitempus need this letter to complete the process.
4. Put online IRCC phone number and the number of will appear ( google)

I got my PR 1 month after IRCC confirm that Puc was in the system.

good luck
Thanks a lot Vanessa,

I sent an email to BGOTAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca and they replied this to me:

Please note that your Colombian Background Verification Certificate was received and uploaded under your UCI number on Aug 31, 2021. Please inform the office processing your application that your certificate is already available.

I guess it's in the system ?, this is probably an old one I did and I had to withdraw , and the I applied again a month later.

sposmen

Apr 5, 2023
Nice ! Processing time is 1 month ?? We just got the mail from Omni saying that they sent the Police certificate to the embassy…hopefully they will upload the document soon
@JayFM how was your process those days? Did you get everything? I'm requesting Omnitempus to start with our process.

almarenco

Apr 26, 2018
Man, it's been almost 5 years since I last posted on this thread. This security certificate bit is the most nerve shattering part of the process to be honest. As far as I can remember I never got confirmation on the CIC/Application that the document had been uploaded. As I said 5 years ago, what I did was upload an explanation with the emails I sent to both G4S and the Embassy in Bogota - the point is, as nerve wrecking as it may be, if G4S/Omnitempus says they sent it to the embassy AND the embassy confirms this, you should be fine - this is the standard process (shitty as it may be), and everyone who's applied in Colombia has gone through the exact same thing. I did, and it all turned out okay. I never got confirmation from CIC that they got it before the application was just approved - so again, that's normal, don't worry too much about it. For what it's worth, I am as of two weeks ago, a Canadian citizen - so the process works, however weird it may appear at times. Best of luck!!! - Just be honest, practice due diligence and you'll be fine!

sposmen

Apr 5, 2023
Man, it's been almost 5 years since I last posted on this thread. This security certificate bit is the most nerve shattering part of the process to be honest. As far as I can remember I never got confirmation on the CIC/Application that the document had been uploaded. As I said 5 years ago, what I did was upload an explanation with the emails I sent to both G4S and the Embassy in Bogota - the point is, as nerve wrecking as it may be, if G4S/Omnitempus says they sent it to the embassy AND the embassy confirms this, you should be fine - this is the standard process (shitty as it may be), and everyone who's applied in Colombia has gone through the exact same thing. I did, and it all turned out okay. I never got confirmation from CIC that they got it before the application was just approved - so again, that's normal, don't worry too much about it. For what it's worth, I am as of two weeks ago, a Canadian citizen - so the process works, however weird it may appear at times. Best of luck!!! - Just be honest, practice due diligence and you'll be fine!
@almarenco, awesome that now you are citizen... Congrats!

sergedest

Dec 9, 2022
Hi,
For anyone who has used the services of Omnitempus to get a Colombian police certificate:
What did you upload to your FSW application?

If you uploaded the translated receipt and the email omnitempus sent, did you have any issues?

I'll be grateful for all the help I can get.
In their form, they say they can forward the results to either the Embassy in Bogota or Mexico, so I chose Bogota, but actually my process has been all online and I don't live in Colombia, so I don't know if Bogota is the right one.

Last edited: