+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ommision of visa refusal

BBSA

May 21, 2024
Good day.

We are currently in week 11 of waiting for our CWP, OWP and VV.

After sending my forms to our agent We applied for US visitors Visa so that we could travel thrue the US. Our visa was refused with the condition that if we provide a photo of our Canadian visas we will be approved.

Since this happened after we filled in the forms we stated "no" to the question about past refusals. The problem now comes in at the fact that the paperwork was already sent into the agent, but not yet submitted to the Ircc. We never thought of mentioning it as it was said to be approved after canadian approval.

Could this bring forth a PFL.
If so is there a way I can avoid it.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Good day.

We are currently in week 11 of waiting for our CWP, OWP and VV.

After sending my forms to our agent We applied for US visitors Visa so that we could travel thrue the US. Our visa was refused with the condition that if we provide a photo of our Canadian visas we will be approved.

Since this happened after we filled in the forms we stated "no" to the question about past refusals. The problem now comes in at the fact that the paperwork was already sent into the agent, but not yet submitted to the Ircc. We never thought of mentioning it as it was said to be approved after canadian approval.

Could this bring forth a PFL.
If so is there a way I can avoid it.
If the US visa refusal happened after your application was submitted to IRCC, then you are fine. If the US refusal happened before your agent submitted your application to IRCC, then you need to contact IRCC ASAP through web form to let them know about the refusal and that it was omitted from the application.

Mapleleaf705

Feb 12, 2024
If the US visa refusal happened after your application was submitted to IRCC, then you are fine. If the US refusal happened before your agent submitted your application to IRCC, then you need to contact IRCC ASAP through web form to let them know about the refusal and that it was omitted from the application.
Hello Scylla,

is it okay if one withdraws the visa application instead of raising the web form?

Initially, I requested them to update the details via webform, later on, I requested the file withdrawal, also the biometric has not been completed yet.

Would that be okay?

Kindly reply.

HarinLeo

Star Member
Dec 15, 2023
If your visit visa application is not submitted yet, then call your agent and ask them to mention about the refusal.

Mapleleaf705

Feb 12, 2024
If your visit visa application is not submitted yet, then call your agent and ask them to mention about the refusal.
Hello Sir,

Visa application has been already submitted on GC key and biometric instructions also generated, however my agent initially mentioned about the refusal via web form, however, I asked him to withdraw the application because I cannot take a risk.

I saw the 4 year old tweet by the IRCC where they mentioned " Hi. You can't update an application after submitting it. If you think you made a mistake and your application will be refused, you can withdraw it using this webfrom and submit a new application: http://ow.ly/uzv3302zKC""

https://x.com/CitImmCanada/status/1197977169374433284