+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oman police certification

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
Yes. It's a must for pcc to be stamped by MoFA. This is because on the pcc it self they wrote ( it must be attested by MoFA) :D so they leave you with no option but to do it.
Also, just in case you didnt know, MoFA stamps in oman are in arabic only, which is quite useless. I had them stamp some documents that i sent to the canadian medical council to get my ECA and they rejected them as they must be in english or french.
So what i did for my pcc, is i got the MoFA to add another stamp which is Apostille. It costs extra and canada is not part of the apostille international agreement, but i still paid and got it as its in english, and it was accepted by CIC no issues.
Good luck
Thanks for your inputs, Dr. Feras. Do you recall how much was the total charges for attestation?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Thanks for your inputs, Dr. Feras. Do you recall how much was the total charges for attestation?
My pleasure.
It was around 20-30 omani rials for the pcc attestation
I had around 8 documents, some like degree translation cost more than others for some reason, in total i paid 180 rials just in MoFA atteststions.

Reactions: anoop10x

rahulmt6

Jun 28, 2016
Wow, that's quite a bit!
Hey Anoop, would it be possible to get in touch with you regarding the PCC. I have asked a family member to collect my PCC. My doubt is whether now they have to go to MoFA and get it attested and if it is in Arabic, do they:-
1. have to go to something like Sanad Service where they will translate and stamp it
2. get both the Arabic MoFA stamp and the apostille (English stamp) on the original PCC itself?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hey Anoop, would it be possible to get in touch with you regarding the PCC. I have asked a family member to collect my PCC. My doubt is whether now they have to go to MoFA and get it attested and if it is in Arabic, do they:-
1. have to go to something like Sanad Service where they will translate and stamp it
2. get both the Arabic MoFA stamp and the apostille (English stamp) on the original PCC itself?
There is an option at ROP to issue pcc in english.
MoFA stamp is a must, as its written on the pcc itself that you should get it.
Apostille is up to you

Reactions: anoop10x

Crystal0002

May 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
05-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-11-2017
Passport Req..
18-05-2018
Yes. It's a must for pcc to be stamped by MoFA. This is because on the pcc it self they wrote ( it must be attested by MoFA) :D so they leave you with no option but to do it.
Also, just in case you didnt know, MoFA stamps in oman are in arabic only, which is quite useless. I had them stamp some documents that i sent to the canadian medical council to get my ECA and they rejected them as they must be in english or french.
So what i did for my pcc, is i got the MoFA to add another stamp which is Apostille. It costs extra and canada is not part of the apostille international agreement, but i still paid and got it as its in english, and it was accepted by CIC no issues.
Good luck
Hello Dr Feras. Please where is the MoFA and do I need to go there with any other documents? Also the apostle you talked about is it same office I will get the stamp too?
Thanks in advance

abzoo17

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hi guys...I have received the letter from CIC asking for a police clearance from Oman. I am no longer in Oman. Will it be advisable to actually go there and get one or ask a friend to do it on my behalf? Considering we need fingerprints , photos etc. If something is not correct I will lose time sending all that stuff again to my friend in Oman. Which will be quicker. I know travelling there will be a bit costly from down under but will be there in person in case of any hiccups. Opinions??

Last edited:

ravish.kris

Nov 19, 2017
Yes you need to send fingerprints. When you open ROP website in arabic it says you must send original fingerprints with your application. When you open the english version its not there. Just a technical glitch.
Hello Dr. Feras

Can you please guide me on the documents/forms required for getting Oman PCC from outside of Oman (more specifically India).

I was in Oman in 2006-07 and have not been there since.

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

abzoo17

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hey guys a quick question, I have received a request to get a PCC from Oman. CIC website says that it should be issued after you last stayed in the country. But the section on how to get PCC from Oman, CIC says if you are outside Oman you can go back there and get one .
If I do that will that be acceptable to CIC as it will be issued when I am there and not after ?

If you are not a citizen of Oman:

If you live in Oman:
Certificates are only available to people who have lived in Oman for six months or more.

If you have lived in Oman for more than six months, you can:
Go back to Oman to apply in person to the Director of Criminal Investigations OR ask a representative (a friend, relative or colleague) in Oman, with a power of attorney, to apply on your behalf and follow the instructions below.

abzoo17

Star Member
Jun 17, 2017
Hey people...i was uploading the police certificate for Oman and it asks for an expiry date. There is no expiry date on the certificate. It does not let me submit unless I enter an expiry date. What should I do. Please help. @dr feras

Jul 9, 2018
Hello guys,

I applied for Oman PCC from US, the package reached them on 25th July, now it is 2nd October and I have not gotten back anything from them,Now my ITA will expire in another 20 days. I am not able to reach out to them. I dial the 800 number for vigilance department and does not work. Any information will be highly regarded. This is such a blindsided process, there is no visibility at all.

Crystal0002

May 6, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
LVO
App. Filed.......
05-11-2017
AOR Received.
05-11-2017
Passport Req..
18-05-2018
Hello guys,

I applied for Oman PCC from US, the package reached them on 25th July, now it is 2nd October and I have not gotten back anything from them,Now my ITA will expire in another 20 days. I am not able to reach out to them. I dial the 800 number for vigilance department and does not work. Any information will be highly regarded. This is such a blindsided process, there is no visibility at all.
It would be easier for you to send your fingerprints to a friend and he goes to ROP to submit it for you. That way he can get it the next day and send back to you.

gunchetan

Jul 20, 2017
Hello guys,

Did you try their number: +96824569501? That's who I called and then they transferred my call to another guy - Mr. Mohammed who performs these tasks. Call them up and see what you get. He will ask for your passport and can even WhatsApp you a copy of your PCC so that you can upload the same while the actual hard copy is shipped to you.

Quience

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Hey people...i was uploading the police certificate for Oman and it asks for an expiry date. There is no expiry date on the certificate. It does not let me submit unless I enter an expiry date. What should I do. Please help. @dr feras
Hey..
I need your help..
I have got my pcc from Oman, just want to know how you went through.. I mean is Apostille mandatorily to be done or just a stamp by MoFA (in Arabic) would suffice?

Thanks.