+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Oman police certification

gunchetan

Jul 20, 2017
Hi,

I am an India citizen applying for Canadian PR through express entry. I have finished my pre-application and am waiting for ITA. I was trying to finish my police verification / certification done in advance. However, I have spent 2 years in Oman and thus need police certification from Oman police.
I was about to start the process when I came across this information on the cic.gc :
"
How to Get a Police Certificate – Oman
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence?
No.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

"
I believe this means that I can only apply for Oman police verification after my application and not along it.

This seems a rather unique requirement as everyone around me suggests that I should get all foreign police verification/certifications done ASAP.

I would really appreciate if anyone on the forum, especially anyone who has had to collect this certificate from Oman, could confirm that we do not need Oman's police certification with the application and that we can get this certificate after submitting this application.

Thanks for your help!
Gunchetan

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This isn't unique - it is also a requirement for countries such as Japan, Saudi Arabia, Colombia, Mexico, Netherlands, etc.

Upload a letter in the PCC placeholder stating that "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”"

You'll receive an official request from IRCC during the processing of your application.

Reactions: gunchetan

gunchetan

Jul 20, 2017
This isn't unique - it is also a requirement for countries such as Japan, Saudi Arabia, Colombia, Mexico, Netherlands, etc.

Upload a letter in the PCC placeholder stating that "I am applying from a country that requires an official request letter from IRCC to get a police certificate.”"

You'll receive an official request from IRCC during the processing of your application.
This answers my query - Thanks a lot!

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi,

I am an India citizen applying for Canadian PR through express entry. I have finished my pre-application and am waiting for ITA. I was trying to finish my police verification / certification done in advance. However, I have spent 2 years in Oman and thus need police certification from Oman police.
I was about to start the process when I came across this information on the cic.gc :
"
How to Get a Police Certificate – Oman
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence?
No.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada will send you a letter requesting a police certificate after you send your Application for Permanent Residence. You must bring that letter when you apply for a Police Certificate.

"
I believe this means that I can only apply for Oman police verification after my application and not along it.

This seems a rather unique requirement as everyone around me suggests that I should get all foreign police verification/certifications done ASAP.

I would really appreciate if anyone on the forum, especially anyone who has had to collect this certificate from Oman, could confirm that we do not need Oman's police certification with the application and that we can get this certificate after submitting this application.

Thanks for your help!
Gunchetan
This information on cic website is not correct. Myself, and many others, got oman pcc without a letter from IRCC.
Just go to ROP headquarter in Qurum and they will issue it in ten minutes. Costs 20 rials paid by card only.
Take your passport, resident card, and a photo with you.
Good luck

gunchetan

Jul 20, 2017
This information on cic website is not correct. Myself, and many others, got oman pcc without a letter from IRCC.
Just go to ROP headquarter in Qurum and they will issue it in ten minutes. Costs 20 rials paid by card only.
Take your passport, resident card, and a photo with you.
Good luck
Hi, Thanks for this info! However, I returned from Oman in early 2016 and have been in India since then. I also had to deposit my resident card in Oman before returning.
So I will need to ask for a verification by mail.
I have another point of confusion though - do I need to send my fingerprints to the ROP? IRCC site says I have to but the ROP website does not mention this requirement. Would you be able to provide any clarification on this mismatch?

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi, Thanks for this info! However, I returned from Oman in early 2016 and have been in India since then. I also had to deposit my resident card in Oman before returning.
So I will need to ask for a verification by mail.
I have another point of confusion though - do I need to send my fingerprints to the ROP? IRCC site says I have to but the ROP website does not mention this requirement. Would you be able to provide any clarification on this mismatch?
Yes you need to send fingerprints. When you open ROP website in arabic it says you must send original fingerprints with your application. When you open the english version its not there. Just a technical glitch.

Reactions: gunchetan

abhijiths619

Jul 23, 2017
I got my clearance certificate yesterday. U just need passport copy, original id card , 1 photograph and 20 rials. U will get the certificate in 5 minutes.

gunchetan

Jul 20, 2017
Yes you need to send fingerprints. When you open ROP website in arabic it says you must send original fingerprints with your application. When you open the english version its not there. Just a technical glitch.
Thanks dr feras! This is crucial info! I will now try And search how to get original fingerprints from India And send them to Oman.
Do you by any chance have any info on this subject? You have been very helpful - thanks a ton.
Best regards,
Gunchetan

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Thanks dr feras! This is crucial info! I will now try And search how to get original fingerprints from India And send them to Oman.
Do you by any chance have any info on this subject? You have been very helpful - thanks a ton.
Best regards,
Gunchetan
My pleasure.
Unfortunately I do not have any information on getting fingerprints from India

angel0401

Aug 24, 2017
Hello...I need some idea ..I will send my request to Royal Oman Police my Police Clearance..there are fingerprints needed..I just want to ask if it is necessary to be attested by local police before sending? Pls can give me ideas..thank you

anoop10x

Star Member
Aug 6, 2017
India
My pleasure.
Unfortunately I do not have any information on getting fingerprints from India
Hello Dr Feras. Could you please let me know if Oman PCC issued by ROP has to be attested by MoFA? Just to add, I am currently not residing in Oman.

Last edited:

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hello Dr Feras. Could you please let me know if Oman PCC issued by ROP has to be attested by MoFA? Just to add, I am currently not residing in Oman.
Yes. It's a must for pcc to be stamped by MoFA. This is because on the pcc it self they wrote ( it must be attested by MoFA) :D so they leave you with no option but to do it.
Also, just in case you didnt know, MoFA stamps in oman are in arabic only, which is quite useless. I had them stamp some documents that i sent to the canadian medical council to get my ECA and they rejected them as they must be in english or french.
So what i did for my pcc, is i got the MoFA to add another stamp which is Apostille. It costs extra and canada is not part of the apostille international agreement, but i still paid and got it as its in english, and it was accepted by CIC no issues.
Good luck