10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Dear,

I am a citizen of an Asian country aged 26. I Had expired Canadian student visa on my

passport. I came back from Canada and since then living in my country happily.

A month ago, I submitted an application to my country's passport issuing authority for issuing

a new passport as the old's validy had expired. recently I got my new passport but the

authority says that they are not being able to locate my old passport that they were subject

to return to me with the new one, which appeared to me as one of the most unbelievable things

in my life. Its been a month now. There is a trend in my country of selling UK, USA, Canada

stamped passports to people aspiring to go to these countries, most of them get caught at the

local or destined International airports.

now, My question is, What can I do now to get a detaiil reference of that student visa from

the local Canadian High commission. My old passport would have helped me greatly to obtain

visas from other Foreign visa issuing missions such as USA, Canada, UK , EU countries. I am

considering Canadian mission normally have my old records on their database so if I apply now

for a Canadian visa, I'd be an easy choice to giveaway a visa.

I am highly tensed, what to do now, It seems I am helpless to my country's unscrupulous

passport officials. Please help.

Oronno

Star Member
Apr 30, 2009
Are you from Philipine?

Do you have xerox or scanned copy of your old visas which you can use as reference?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
No I am not from Phil. I didnt keep any xeroxed copy of that visa.
But the good news is that 2 weeks ago, the Passport office handed over the old passport to me on the very same day they located it in their archive room. btw, As I know USA doesnt accept anything as xeroxed, they want real copy of everything.

conanthang

Jun 23, 2009
i actually don't know which country you from, but most countries when they issue the new passport, they always return the old passport to you. if they do not return your old passport, you should apply for a new study permit, and do not forget attached the copy of your old visa.