+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Old passport lost along with travel history

Bhavanar

Aug 9, 2010
Dear experts,

this is my first post on the forum would really appreciate if someone could help me with my query...........i have a applied under FSW along with my spouse with me being the primary applicant......my spouse has traveled to canada in the year 2001 to Thailand in 1999 to UK and Jamaica in the year 2007....but lost his passport in 2009 and now has a new passport......in none of the place has he stayed for more than 6 months....but since he has lost his passport we do not remember the precise travel dates....would that be a hindrance with our application???? while i have never traveled outside India.....in the absence on specific travel dates could someone PLEASE HELP US as to what course of action should we take????

would be really grateful to one and all

regards

bahvana

S

shibuya

1. On ur new passport the old passport no is mentioned.
2. Go to a police station and register a complain that old passport is lost . Get a report and keep it.
3. Go to a international airport in ur city. Try to befriend any staff inside and thru him connect to a immigration officer. Next give chai paani to immigration officer along with old passport no. He can track the entire history of exit & entry.
4. Fill ur forms & dispatch and write covering letter that old passport is lost and FIR lodged and attach police report.
Good Luck.

Bhavanar

Aug 9, 2010
THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR THE REPLY..

are background check really stringent???? for secondary applicant too?????

Bhavanar

Aug 9, 2010
Dear All do i also have to mentioned that i was granted a NEW ZEALAND tourist visa but didnt travel, in the travel histroy part??

regds

bhavanar

SunnyDXB

Nov 24, 2009
Dubai
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Bhavanar,

You only need to mention the dates (from and to) when you have travelled. You do not need to mention that how many country visas are issued to you.

Bhavanar

Aug 9, 2010
SunnyDXB said:
Hi Bhavanar,

You only need to mention the dates (from and to) when you have travelled. You do not need to mention that how many country visas are issued to you.
hi sunnydxb thank you so much as i had mentioned in my earlier post that i do not have the dates as i lost my passport on which i travelled are only months acceptable?? as travel to thailland and canada were in the year 1999 and 2001 respectively and to uk and jamaica in 2007 .............can i only mention the months ?? as getting all the entry exit dates from indian immigration might be a difficult task.....and morover i am the secondary applicant....awating your answer

regds

bhavanar

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Bhavanar said:
Dear qorax, my first time on the forum , my question is regarding travel history i had travelled to canada thailand uk (transit) and jamaica in 1999.2001,2007 respectively, the passport that i had travelled on was lost in 2009 i made a police report too . then, now for travel history i do not have the precise dates, how do i fill my travel history part?? will that be a problem?? i am the secondary applicant and my wife is the primary, shes done her masters in psychology while i have not even completed my high school....can i submit approximate months when i travelled?? also i havent stayed in any of these countries for more than 6 months....how do i solve this issue?? are background checks really severe for secondary applicants too?? also though my wife is a qualified counselling psychologist she has been working in school in india and her appointment letters and work experience letters states her as counsellor!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what can be done about this???

do i also have to state where i stayed in all of the above mentioned countries as i stayed in jamaica for 4 months but dont remember the addresses??? i have gone through the forum and have found your answers really comprehensive.....it would be great if you could help me too
GOD BLESS

bhavanar
A. Not a problem. Just mention approximate dates, days of stay & addresses in all those locations.

B. Yes, u need to mention every place of visit, even if u stayed for less than 6 months in each.

C. Also mention the details of your old pps (I'm sure u must be having a copy of it) & that it has been misplaced [attach a copy of the Police Report].

D. Yes, even the secondary applicant's b/ground checks r carried out. Be genuine in your apps, write things correctly.

E. That designation of your spouse is perfectly alright. It's the duties that matter, not the position in an org.

Good luck!
Qorax

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
Bhavanar said:
but what if i dont remember the adresses as i stayed in different places all the time can i just mention the names of city or they want a postal adress??
Not only the names of the city/ies... At least try & give our some form of address. The house nos. could be approximate, but the street addressses, I'm sure, u can recollect.

Qorax

MoatazEissa

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-07-2010
qorax said:
Not only the names of the city/ies... At least try & give our some form of address. The house nos. could be approximate, but the street addressses, I'm sure, u can recollect.

Qorax
Hi Qorax,

I am frequent traveller but i managed to list all my travels accurately (it took 3 sheets), I am Egyptian national and I live in Saudi Arabia, do i have to mention also my travels between Saudi arabia and Egypt or no need ?

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
MoatazEissa said:
Hi Qorax,

I am frequent traveller but i managed to list all my travels accurately (it took 3 sheets), I am Egyptian national and I live in Saudi Arabia, do i have to mention also my travels between Saudi arabia and Egypt or no need ?
Any & every trip needs to be mentioned. U may like to skip the one or two dayers though.
Qorax

MoatazEissa

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-07-2010
qorax said:
Any & every trip needs to be mentioned. U may like to skip the one or two dayers though.
Qorax
Thanks Qorax but i just read the form instruction now , it says "List all travels for you and your family outside your country of orgion or residency". my interpretation for the statement (may be I am wrong) is not to mention the travel unless it is outside both of these 2 countries (origion and nationality).. Please clarify Captain :)

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
MoatazEissa said:
Thanks Qorax but i just read the form instruction now , it says "List all travels for you and your family outside your country of orgion or residency". my interpretation for the statement (may be I am wrong) is not to mention the travel unless it is outside both of these 2 countries (origion and nationality).. Please clarify Captain :)
I'm wondering where is this instruction mentioned? Is it on the CIO Instruction document? or VO specific instructions?

I just checked the CIO instruction, and it did not mention anything like that.

MoatazEissa

Apr 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2010
Doc's Request.
07-07-2010
blueray333 said:
I'm wondering where is this instruction mentioned? Is it on the CIO Instruction document? or VO specific instructions?

I just checked the CIO instruction, and it did not mention anything like that.
Hi blueray333

I mean form IMM5562 (Supp Info : your travels) , it is mentioned in London visa office specific intructions thats it has to be filled in and that it should be exist at the end of Appendix A , but unfortunetly it does not exist !! , i was confused at the begining but i googled it, and found it attached to one of the forms related to ( Rabat visa office) , then i started to ask about the proper way of filling it as per my previous question.

Here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33060.pdf

I hope it clear now :)

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
MoatazEissa said:
Hi blueray333

I mean form IMM5562 (Supp Info : your travels) , it is mentioned in London visa office specific intructions thats it has to be filled in and that it should be exist at the end of Appendix A , but unfortunetly it does not exist !! , i was confused at the begining but i googled it, and found it attached to one of the forms related to ( Rabat visa office) , then i started to ask about the proper way of filling it as per my previous question.

Here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E33060.pdf

I hope it clear now :)
Hi MoatazEissa. Yup, it's clear. Thank you for this. My VO does not have this requirement :)