+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Old passport details on GC Key after approved status Please guide

NS RMP

Apr 4, 2014
My wife's passport was expiring in March 2019. So we got her passport renewed on July, 2018. I raised CSE and informed IRCC and uploaded the renewed passport on Aug 2018. They acknowledged it and asked me to send a CSE to NDVO also I did the same but no response from NDVO received
I received PPR in October 20 and sent our passports to VFS for NDVO. I have sent her new and old cancelled passport to NDVO.

However, now when my application is approved today and I see the following issue in my document status table against my wife's name:
Travel Document number - Old passport number

Expiry date against all of us (Myself- Primary Applicatant, and 3 dependents). - Date of expiry of my wife's old Passport - which is March 2019.

Although, I have not received the passport yet, and VFS status still shows that it is being processed in New Delhi, yet I assume, that since the document status shows this, they would stamp the passports with expiry date of March 2019. Even though my medical date is August 2018 and none of our passports expiring before 2028.

My wifes document is showing valid in GC key but its cancelled and renewed???

I have already raised CSE and sent email to NDVO with sub "URGENT"

Has anyone faced similar issue.

Please guide what can be done and if there is any way to rectify/resolve this.

Thanks