App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
hello mikey, did you hear anything from them after the due date? Or did you order for another GCMS notes after the due date to assess if something changed on your file?
Sorry for the late reply. I did not hear anything from them. However, I sent them an email earlier this month and they replied saying that my wife's application is in the queue waiting for an intreview to be conducted.

According to the GCMS notes, a decision for an interview to be conducted was taken by the senior Visa officer back on October 2017. I am not sure why is this delay and how long is this queue. Talked to my PM with no luck

Akanni2017

Oct 4, 2017
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
File Transfer...
14-07-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
Med's Done....
19-10-2017
Passport Req..
hopeful
VISA ISSUED...
hopeful
LANDED..........
hopeful
I will be responding to all the questions addressed to me on Thursday all day.

Please forum I will need a general answer to my issue at hand most especially "Engle333".

Below is my issues and I will gladly appreciate all.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Engle333,

Good morning , my name are Amosuro Kabiru akanni. I am applicant regards my spouse/family visa. I and my wife summit our application through case processing Ottawa, dated 17th May 2017 and we are approved and our file is transferred to visa office in Accra Ghana for further prixeasinf June 15th 2017. I did the schedule A and background using my CIC linked account to submit that to Accra Ghana. Come October 17th 2017 I was asked for medical which I did and passed October 19th 2017. Since we have not heard anything. So I and my wife was worried and decide to contact her MP on Edmonton so believe is the answered and info passed to us which we are glad and helpful but I am scared as I don't know if my initial trp I applied for though an agent in March 2015 was denied because the agent messed me up by using a fraudulent bank statement ( I mean he use fake bank not the one I summit to him ) so I was send letter to through vfs in lagos as we did summit our trp application through vfs lagos Nigeria. After u receive the letter indicting if I have knowledge about the fraud bank statement as they already verified an appeared to be fraudulent then we wrote to letter to backup our explanation with the 30 days period . At the end of trp I am refused but they didn't mentioned 5 years ban because if the fraudulent bank. Now that we summit FWS1 in May 2017 after we got married in October 7th 2016 in ikoyi registry lagos Nigeria and we did summit all document . Please find below what the MP mentioned to my wife After contacting the CIC as a third party on our behalf.

Dear Ms. Amosuro,

Thank you for contacting our Edmonton Griesbach constituency office regarding the Permanent Residence application of your husband, Akanni Amosuro.

I contacted Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on your behalf. Immigration officials have advised that your husband’s Permanent Residence application was received May 16,2017. The sponsorship was approved June 15,2017 and the file was referred to Accra. Medicals are valid until October 25,2018 and background checks have not yet been started.

Immigration officials further advised that the applicant applied for a TRP in 2015, provided a forged bank statement, and was refused for misrepresentation. As such he is considered to be inadmissible for a 5 year period until 2020. This file is therefore considered to be a non-routine application and the standard 12 month processing timeframe does not apply in his case.

Immigration officials will contact your husband directly if further steps or documents are required.

I hope this information is helpful. Thank you again for contacting our office.

Yours truly,

Jared Gustafson

Constituency Assistant

Office of Kerry Diotte, M.P.

Edmonton Griesbach

Phone: 780-495-3261

Fax:780-495-5142

Email: kerry.diotte.c1@parl.gc.ca

starnaenae

Champion Member
Aug 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mexico
App. Filed.......
March 1 2017
Doc's Request.
March 27, 2017, July 10, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR 1:March 17 2017 AOR 2: May 10, 2017
File Transfer...
April 8, 2017
Med's Request
Upfront - PASSED
Med's Done....
December 12 2016
Interview........
NOT REQUIRED
Passport Req..
March 5, 2018
VISA ISSUED...
March 13, 2018
LANDED..........
April 30, 2018
Please forum I will need a general answer to my issue at hand most especially "Engle333".

Below is my issues and I will gladly appreciate all.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Engle333,

Good morning , my name are Amosuro Kabiru akanni. I am applicant regards my spouse/family visa. I and my wife summit our application through case processing Ottawa, dated 17th May 2017 and we are approved and our file is transferred to visa office in Accra Ghana for further prixeasinf June 15th 2017. I did the schedule A and background using my CIC linked account to submit that to Accra Ghana. Come October 17th 2017 I was asked for medical which I did and passed October 19th 2017. Since we have not heard anything. So I and my wife was worried and decide to contact her MP on Edmonton so believe is the answered and info passed to us which we are glad and helpful but I am scared as I don't know if my initial trp I applied for though an agent in March 2015 was denied because the agent messed me up by using a fraudulent bank statement ( I mean he use fake bank not the one I summit to him ) so I was send letter to through vfs in lagos as we did summit our trp application through vfs lagos Nigeria. After u receive the letter indicting if I have knowledge about the fraud bank statement as they already verified an appeared to be fraudulent then we wrote to letter to backup our explanation with the 30 days period . At the end of trp I am refused but they didn't mentioned 5 years ban because if the fraudulent bank. Now that we summit FWS1 in May 2017 after we got married in October 7th 2016 in ikoyi registry lagos Nigeria and we did summit all document . Please find below what the MP mentioned to my wife After contacting the CIC as a third party on our behalf.

Dear Ms. Amosuro,

Thank you for contacting our Edmonton Griesbach constituency office regarding the Permanent Residence application of your husband, Akanni Amosuro.

I contacted Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on your behalf. Immigration officials have advised that your husband’s Permanent Residence application was received May 16,2017. The sponsorship was approved June 15,2017 and the file was referred to Accra. Medicals are valid until October 25,2018 and background checks have not yet been started.

Immigration officials further advised that the applicant applied for a TRP in 2015, provided a forged bank statement, and was refused for misrepresentation. As such he is considered to be inadmissible for a 5 year period until 2020. This file is therefore considered to be a non-routine application and the standard 12 month processing timeframe does not apply in his case.

Immigration officials will contact your husband directly if further steps or documents are required.

I hope this information is helpful. Thank you again for contacting our office.

Yours truly,

Jared Gustafson

Constituency Assistant

Office of Kerry Diotte, M.P.

Edmonton Griesbach

Phone: 780-495-3261

Fax:780-495-5142

Email: kerry.diotte.c1@parl.gc.ca
looks like you got a ban for 5 years due to misrepresentation - i dont think there is much that can be done and you will need to wait until contacted by the visa office. you can try and reach out to the visa office itself for an update

Reactions: Akanni2017

Akanni2017

Oct 4, 2017
Lagos Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
App. Filed.......
16-05-2017
AOR Received.
20-06-2017
File Transfer...
14-07-2017
Med's Request
17-10-2017
Med's Done....
19-10-2017
Passport Req..
hopeful
VISA ISSUED...
hopeful
LANDED..........
hopeful
Thank you for the kind response. Yes I do agreed we have provide a misrepresentation paper using a representative caused me this in Nigeria. but I am hoping the visa officers will have a humanitarian compassion on me. Maybe inforn of an interview etc. So I will be glad. We will wait till we hear from, before any further actions is taken so we are finger cross. We are hopeful souls as we are deeply in love. We miss ourself everyday.

Thank you.

looks like you got a ban for 5 years due to misrepresentation - i dont think there is much that can be done and you will need to wait until contacted by the visa office. you can try and reach out to the visa office itself for an update

karan sallan

Sep 7, 2015
Chandigarh
Category........
FAM
Good Day Folks,

I am starting this thread just to bring more light between the OLD IN PROCESS and the NEW IN PROCESS on Ecas.

APPLICATION RECEIVED:

This status on Ecas used to appear when the VO was checking the application fees were paid, All sponsorship forms were dated and signed, all the supporting documents were present ( If not, they could request any missing document) at this stage they used to check the qualitative of your file. Usually the Officer who received people's files when they came fresh from CPC Ontario will do everything we just mentioned above and put a 3 months BFD on your file to be reviewed by another officer and placed it in a queue, Then send AOR2. some VO did not even send AOR2. After 3 months an officer will open your file again and begin to do some work, your ecas still showing APPLICTION RECEIVED. The first thing that officer will do is to work on Eligibility between the SPONSOR and PA. The officer will pay close attention on age differences, religious background if the relationship is ongoing, no red flag, or fake documentation, the officer will check if the quantitative and qualitative of docs you sent. If you happened to order your GCMS at this point you will see ELIGIBILITY: IN PROGRESS, and Ecas would displayed

We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000

Even if medicals were done at this point, lots of people's applications back then did not displayed Medical Received at this stage on Ecas. when the officer approved your Eligibility at this point, your Ecas would show IN PROCESS and if your were to order your GCMS Notes would then show ELIGIBILITY: PASS. It is a sign that there would not be an interview. the case was not over yet.

IN PROCESS: We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000
We started processing JON DOE'S Permanent Residence Application on 01.03.2000

At this point the officer will request SECURITY checks and CRIMINALITY checks to other government offices who are responsible to do so. at this point no matter how long your file would take it was not the VO's fault neither yours but CSIS. Just to add flesh to the bone, let's say you requested your GCMS 4 months after your application went IN PROCESS, you might see at any page pertaining to SECURITY/CRIMINALITY would have S.15 (1) or S.19 (1) on the right top corner. Sometimes CRIMINALITY Checks may come back quickly and the officer would updated your file and keep waiting for Security.Then your GCMS will show.

Eligibility: Pass
Criminality: Pass
Medicals : Pass

Sometimes they may hid Security Checks even if it is finished according to Subscription 15 (1) for international affaires and defense. If the RPRF is not paid and the officer did not want to extend your Medicals if they were expired, he/she will issue a request for those document, even PPR. Some people reported seeing on GCMS Notes

Eligibility: Pass
Criminality: Pass
Security : Pass
Medical : In progress or Pass

DECISION MADE:We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000
We started processing JON DOE'S Permanent Residence Application on 01.03.2000
Medical Results have been received
Decision has been made on your application and the office will contact you in writing about this decision

At this point when Ecas displayed Medical results have been received which was the 3rd line, any applicants used to know that their application were almost done.

Back then Decision made without re- medical, Medical request or PPR was a sign of rejection and a good number of people used to know that their applications were rejected until they received their decision made letters to be double sure. Things have changed so much and will keep changing.

The NEW IN PROCESS has replaced the old status called APPLICATION RECEIEVED if it says:

IN PROCESS: We have received JON DOE's Permanent Residence Application on 01.01.2000
Medical Results have been received

This way you are not off of the interview's hook yet, they just update your Ecas with those 2 lines they will only show the date they started processing your file when Eligibility passes and background checks have then begun. You will mostly likely see the third line after months and months when your file has matured for PPR and ready for a decision. Hopefully this helped

Warm Regards and good luck
In my ecas only 3lines add what does it's mean .pl tell me
1 We have received Permanent Residence Application .
2 we send medical instructions.
3 Medical Results have been received
Only 3line and we are starting processing on your file this line doesn't add.
Thanks in advance

Last edited:

yoge

Feb 11, 2017
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
colombo
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017 app return 21-02-2017 resubmit 29-03-2017 citizenship app filled online 2023-Apr-10
Doc's Request.
Sch a and pcc uploaded via gc key 17/05/2007
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
File Transfer...
29-05-2017
Med's Request
01-09-2017 Re-medical Request 30-Jul-2019
Med's Done....
20-09-2017 Re-Medical Done 05th-Aug-2019
Interview........
13-03-2018 Ecas in process 05/26/2017 Aor2 05/29/2017 Ecas Changed To DM 31-Mar-2018
Passport Req..
Application Refused 2018-04-11 appeal file 2018-apr-20 Iad Confirmation May-09-2018 full hearing 23 rd may 2019 @edmonton Appel Won 14-june-2019 Additional Document Request 30-Jul-2019 doc send 13-Aug-2019 Bio metric req 13-aug-2019 Bio Completed 15-aug-2019 PPR 01-Nov-2019
VISA ISSUED...
13-11-2019
LANDED..........
26-11-2019
In my ecas only 3lines add what does it's mean .pl tell me
1 We have received Permanent Residence Application .
2 we send medical instructions.
3 Medical Results have been received
Only 3line and we are starting processing on your file this line doesn't add.
Thanks in advance
You passed medical exam

Reactions: karan sallan

kentucky_mule

Star Member
Feb 14, 2020
My timeline is below:

We received your application for permanent residence on October, 2010. (Refugee Private Sponsorship)
We started processing your application on February, 2015.
We sent you a letter on February, 2015. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
Interview scheduled for March, 2015. (I did the interview on March 2015)
We sent you medical instructions on June, 2015. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us - ( I did the Medicals on July 2015).
Medicals have been recieved (updated the ecas 13th October 2015)

Please what is next? how long to whait upto the decision make? is it possible my landing date becomes with in October or November? Please share your experience with me!!!
Hi,
When you got your medical request, did they request anything else too? Since they are stating "please provide us the information requested in thr letter as soon as possible"? I've heard not everyone gets this message so I am wondering if anything else is also required to be done other than medical.

Freewayz840

Star Member
Jan 29, 2021
Salaam, I was checkin up the ECS but that’s how changed “Application Received” to “in process” but if you all any know bout “in-process”?

Cabdiqays

Jun 17, 2021
My eCAS say now
On sponsorship application status: decision made
Permanent residence application status: in process
Is that considered as: SA
Also says in PA: we started processing your application on 29th June?
Any idea what the next step is?