+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

sroshan

Jan 30, 2017
Hi, I recently submitted the sponsorship application to sponsor my husband, the sponsorship application has been approved and I have gotten a letter stating my eligibility to sponsor. Therefore, under sponsorship application is says " decision made", but, for the PR application it says " in process" and states the following:

1.We received xxx application for permanent residence on December 21, 2016.
2.We started processing xxx application on January 10, 2017.
3.Medical results have been received

My question is : what should I be expecting next and does my application still have a lot to go through or does it seem on track?

Thanks!

Mrschino

Feb 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Doc's Request.
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
None...
File Transfer...
24-05-2015
Med's Request
17-02-2016
Med's Done....
19-01-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-03-16
LANDED..........
16-04-16
Hi, I need some help! My husband has been here in Canada since April 2016, however we have yet to receive his resident card. His pictures were not valid, and we had to send new ones. I am concerned it's too late. Anybody know what to do? I mailed the photos, and tried the call centre but they wouldn't speak to me because I'm not a representative.....I was asking a general question! Do you think we just need to reapply for the card?? Any advice would be helpful. I am worried because we are expecting a baby in the new few weeks and I don't want anything to happen!

kasskiss125

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-07-2016
AOR Received.
21-07-2016
File Transfer...
13-09-2016 STARTED PROCESSING APPLICATION - 01-12-2016
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
not yet
sroshan said:
Hi, I recently submitted the sponsorship application to sponsor my husband, the sponsorship application has been approved and I have gotten a letter stating my eligibility to sponsor. Therefore, under sponsorship application is says " decision made", but, for the PR application it says " in process" and states the following:

1.We received xxx application for permanent residence on December 21, 2016.
2.We started processing xxx application on January 10, 2017.
3.Medical results have been received

My question is : what should I be expecting next and does my application still have a lot to go through or does it seem on track?

Thanks!
Your application seems on track. all you can do is ''wait"...patient patient..

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrschino said:
Hi, I need some help! My husband has been here in Canada since April 2016, however we have yet to receive his resident card. His pictures were not valid, and we had to send new ones. I am concerned it's too late. Anybody know what to do? I mailed the photos, and tried the call centre but they wouldn't speak to me because I'm not a representative.....I was asking a general question! Do you think we just need to reapply for the card?? Any advice would be helpful. I am worried because we are expecting a baby in the new few weeks and I don't want anything to happen!
You don't need to reapply because the first file isn't closed yet until He gets his card. Sign up A USE OF REPRESENTATIVE FORM then you will be able to get information on his behalf. This reminds me of my case, I went through the same thing. My pictures weren't according to the CIC requirements, I had to for 2 months after I took my new photos.

Good Luck

Moon_115

Star Member
Dec 18, 2016
You don't need to reapply because the first file isn't closed yet until He gets his card. Sign up A USE OF REPRESENTATIVE FORM then you will be able to get information on his behalf. This reminds me of my case, I went through the same thing. My pictures weren't according to the CIC requirements, I had to for 2 months after I took my new photos.

Good Luck
A question to Eagle and the senior members: what do they mean by statutory verification? We got a reply that the file is undergoing statutory verification. Which part of the process is this step? Did anybody get the same reply?
Thank You

can1989

Dec 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
none
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Interview........
Hope NOT :(
Passport Req..
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
VISA ISSUED...
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
LANDED..........
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
A question to Eagle and the senior members: what do they mean by statutory verification? We got a reply that the file is undergoing statutory verification. Which part of the process is this step? Did anybody get the same reply?
Thank You
i got the same reply means security check is in process

omo_lylah

Dec 21, 2011
is that mean he accepted
Dear Madam/Sir,
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada.
Please note that in order to complete the processing of your application, the following documents will be required to be sent by courier:
(X) Evidence of your sponsor’s intention to return to Canada (i.e. A job offer in Canada, evidence of having rented/bought a dwelling in Canada, an acceptance letter from an educational institution in Canada, resignation letter from her current employer, …)

(X) Exit stamp from Saudi Arabia.

(X) 2 recent photos for you. Please ensure to provide the photos as per the attached photo specifications. 5cm x 7cm and the face measure should be 3.6 cm.

(X) Your original current valid passports as well as any other previous passports used during the past five (5) years (in case your current passport does not cover the past five years) to enable us to issue your immigrant visa once your case is ready for finalization.

(X) Please indicate your height and eye colour in a separate sheet.
Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, 2001 states that all questions pertaining to an immigration application must be answered truthfully and must provide relevant evidence and documents that the examining officer reasonably requires.
Failure to provide the requested documentation within 15 days from the date of this email will result in your application being assessed on the basis of the documentation presently on file. Please be advised that, as the documentation requested in this email is relevant to the final assessment of your file, failure to provide it will likely result in the refusal of your application.
Please do not reply to this email to confirm that your documents have been sent or to enquire if they have been received.

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Hi Eagle

I recently submitted an outland application to sponsor my wife. CPC-M sent me a confirmation letter that my wife's application was sent to the visa office aboard for further processing.

I just checked the Permanent Residence Application Status in ECAS and it says "In Process". I see the following notes:

We received xxxxxxx's application for permanent residence on May 3, 2017.
We started processing xxxxxxx's application on June 20, 2017.
Medical results have been received.

Does it mean that the application was assigned to a visa officer?do you think it will take for a final decision? What should I be expecting next?

please note that the timelines you see on my profile are not correct as they are for my ex-wife (I cancelled her sponsorship application before they granted her a visa).

Thank you in advance

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Hey everyone,

I have an issue that maybe some of you came across. I've tried to check my spouses PR application on ECAS since the VO received the application but when I try to check there's no application found, no matter if I use app. number or the UCI. The application has been at the VO for 5 months now. What do you guys think? Thanks.
I don't understand the question....are you not able to get into ECAS at all?

localola

Star Member
Nov 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-05-2013
AOR Received.
29-05-2013 Havana AOR 24-06-2013
File Transfer...
31-05-2013
Med's Done....
29-01-2013
Interview........
16-01-2014
Passport Req..
16-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2014
LANDED..........
23-03-2014
There's a thread on this forum somewhere where a lot of people give troubleshoot advice for linking their application. One person advised putting 2 instead of 1 where it asks how many people are in the application, only entering the passport and last name, little things like that. If none of those work you can send a request to the CIC website and they can help figure out what's wrong.
When I linked my step son's application I changed the number to 3 and it worked after days of being locked out.

can1989

Dec 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
24-12-2015
File Transfer...
22-01-2016
Med's Request
none
Med's Done....
22-01-2016
Interview........
Hope NOT :(
Passport Req..
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
VISA ISSUED...
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
LANDED..........
HOPE SOON INSHALLAH
Thanks dear for ur reply. So what stage is this in the application process? It has been running since long time. What do I expect next?
im stuck in security check since jan this year

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
Hey everyone,

I have an issue that maybe some of you came across. I've tried to check my spouses PR application on ECAS since the VO received the application but when I try to check there's no application found, no matter if I use app. number or the UCI. The application has been at the VO for 5 months now. What do you guys think? Thanks.
Are you referring to ECAS or MYCIC?

In ECAS you dont need to link the application. You do need to link the application in MYCIC.

I came across the same issue using MYCIC, and I was able to solve it using the following steps.

- leave the form empty
- click next. At this point, the system will complain and will ask input for the mandatory fields
- fill the mandatory fields.
- your application will be linked

mikey

Feb 23, 2011
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
03-05-2017
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-06-2017
hi guys...can someone answer my question. going nuts

I recently submitted an outland application to sponsor my wife. CPC-M sent me a confirmation letter that my wife's application was sent to the visa office aboard for further processing.

I just checked the Permanent Residence Application Status in ECAS and it says "In Process". I see the following notes:

Does it mean that the application was assigned to a visa officer?do you think it will take for a final decision? What should I be expecting next?

please note that the timelines you see on my profile are not correct as they are for my ex-wife (I cancelled her sponsorship application before they granted her a visa).

Thank you in advance

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
hi guys...can someone answer my question. going nuts

Thank you in advance

Yes, this generally means that the VO has opened the application.

As for timelines, it's impossible to say with the information you've given, but off the bat I imagine they will look at your case more closely as you have previously sponsored someone and cancelled it.