OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
THINGS THAT SLOW DOWN PROCESSING, CAUSE INTERVIEWS OR REJECTION

1.NOT SIGNING THE FORMS PROPERLY
Sounds simple right? But it happens all the time. A form is not signed where the individual is required to sign. For example, the Additional Family Information form can require 3 signatures on one page. Often people will sign the bottom of this form, and miss the fact that 2 other signatures are also required depending on whether there is a spouse or children. Failing to sign this (or any other form) properly means a returned file weeks (or even months!) after it has been filed. Another example is the Generic form that has a section that requires signatures only if a translator was used. If there was no translator used and you mistakenly sign in this spot, your application will be sent back to you at some point in the future.
So triple-check your forms and sign where required (and only where required).

2.PAYING THE FEE INCORRECTLY
Different streams require different methods of payment. Typically, only a bank draft, certified cheque or money order will suffice. However, a sponsorship application for permanent residence usually requires payment through the internet (or a bank paid receipt). For example, if you pay the Right of Permanent Residence fee by bank draft to the foreign visa office, it will likely be returned to you, delaying the file, as typically it is paid in Canada. As well, be sure to pay the correct amount. For example, permanent resident applicants currently pay $550 per adult, but only $150 per dependent child. And the Right
of Permanent Resident fee is currently zero for children but $490 for adults. An incorrectly paid fee will delay your application or have it returned to you. Be very careful how you pay your fees, and the amount you have to pay.

3. PROVIDING ONLY THOSE DOCUMENTS LISTED ON THE CHECKLIST

Sounds counter-intuitive right? Why not just provide what CIC asks for on their checklists? Because sometimes that documentation is not enough, and CIC will never help make your case for you. For example, if you are a common law couple, I've found it is important to provide affidavits from friends and family attesting to the relationship and how it is exclusive, committed and marriage-like. As well, letters of support can also be effective in certain circumstances. For example, if a couple from overseas is planning to move to Canada under a sponsorship application, a letter (or affidavit) from a family member in Canada offering lodging while the couple establishes themselves in Canada can make an application go a lot smoother and a lot faster. Additional evidence depends on the facts of each case, but phone records, bank records, lease records, correspondence, text messages, Facebook messages, MoneyGram Receipts and Western Union, flight tickets, boarding passes, Passport date stamps and so forth, can be very helpful in moving the application forward.

4. PROVIDING MISINFORMATION OR NOT EXPLAINING MISSING INFORMATION AND MISREPRESENTATION
Providing misinformation in an application is a serious offence in Canadian immigration law. As CIC relies on information provided by the applicant to make a decision on the file, it expects that the information provided be truthful.
The consequences of providing misinformation is a rejected application, and possible for exclusion from Canada for at least 2 years. The difficulty is that even errors that appear to be innocent can be considered a misrepresentation which will certainly sink your application immediately. If you are missing information that was requested by CIC, it is important to explain why the information is missing and when it might be provided. Otherwise, your application will be sent back to you.

5. HANDWRITING INFORMATION ON FORMS (ILLEGIBLE, CANNOT VERIFY FORM)
All application forms can be completed using a computer and Adobe Reader (which is a free program).However, some individuals may choose to complete the forms by hand, which is not advisable. Hand-written forms may not be legible by the visa officer reviewing the file. As a result, the application will be returned if the visa officer is not absolutely certain about the answers provided to questions in the forms. Equally important, hand-written forms can not be verified. A verified form (using Adobe Reader) creates a series of bar codes that CIC can quickly enter into its computer systems. A hand-written application form requires tedious transfer of information which may delay processing of the file in a timely manner.
The other general benefit of using a computer to complete the forms is that you can send them to your hard-drive and print the forms if needed in future, or update forms on the request of a visa officer. Updating forms is much easier when they are on a computer versus being hand-written.

6. FAILING TO PROVIDE A COVER LETTER
Although never fatal to an application, failing to provide a cover letter may result in delays in processing. A cover letter that sets out who is applying for what, and the main reasons why the applicant qualifies makes reviewing the application easier for the visa officer, which means faster processing in my experience. I never submit an application without a detailed cover letter asserting the applicant's right to immigrate under current law and policy.

7. WAITING FOR POLICE CLEARANCE
Often times, applicants will wait for PCC before filing an application. This is often not advisable. Unless the application is for a temporary resident permit or criminal rehabilitation, a PCC is not required to process the application. A PCC goes to admissibility, not to qualification for entry. As such, you can submit your application immediately, then submit the PCC when it comes weeks or months later. What is the risk of waiting until the PCC arrives before submitting an application? Anyone who has followed the Canadian immigration system lately has seen the multitude of changes that have happened in a short period of time. If you wait too long to submit an application, the rules may (likely will) change and suddenly you may no longer qualify (this has happened a few times with regard to the Federal Skilled Worker category, where some years an occupation qualifies, then suddenly it does not).

8. MAILING THE APPLICATION
CIC asks you to mail the application to the appropriate office for processing. However, it is best to use registered mail, or even better, a courier. This allows you to track the application to ensure it arrives at its destination. Mail can get lost and you may spend weeks or months wondering why CIC has not acknowledged receipt of your application (and they are always very slow in doing so), only to discover that it never arrived.

David9245

Jan 9, 2015
Hi Everyone,

I have a question,

If one doesn't check ecas everyday and it changes to In Process ,how would you know the day it changed? Would it be the date ecas was modified last?

Because I checked my ecas around oct 10th and it was already In Process, so because a lot of people got IN Process on the 9th ,I have always assumed it was on the 9th, but the ecas modified date says Oct 2nd.

Any explanation will be appreciated.

Jannat Kapadia

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th November 2014
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
File Transfer...
22nd February 2015 In Process :- 21st september 2015
Med's Done....
Remedical request - 13th Nov 2015
Interview........
Hopefully Waived..!!
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon.
Hello, I request you to guide me on the below explained problem.

We are Spousal Sponsorship Sponsor and applicant (24 November 2014) getting proceed at New Delhi Visa Office.

Current status of our file is "In-process" from 18, September 2014 and we are expecting remedical request from New Delhi Visa Office as validity of our initial medical examination expired.

We submitted our application though an immigration consultant in Winnipeg, Canada and that firm is our representative. Our representative was good at the initial stages of our application. We got AOR from CIC, Sponsorship Approval though that representive.

But for the last one month we are trying to contact that representative to know the status of our file and to know a re-medical request is received or not. That representative has closed every way to contact. We are unable to reach them by email, phone. And their office also closed.

Let me know what to do now as all New Delhi Visa Office correspondence go to that repreentiative.

Is it possible to change representative at this stage?

We just want to cancel the representative as they are not replying to our queries.

If possible, Plz guide me how to do it.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jannat Kapadia said:
Hello, I request you to guide me on the below explained problem.

We are Spousal Sponsorship Sponsor and applicant (24 November 2014) getting proceed at New Delhi Visa Office.

Current status of our file is "In-process" from 18, September 2014 and we are expecting remedical request from New Delhi Visa Office as validity of our initial medical examination expired.

We submitted our application though an immigration consultant in Winnipeg, Canada and that firm is our representative. Our representative was good at the initial stages of our application. We got AOR from CIC, Sponsorship Approval though that representive.

But for the last one month we are trying to contact that representative to know the status of our file and to know a re-medical request is received or not. That representative has closed every way to contact. We are unable to reach them by email, phone. And their office also closed.

Let me know what to do now as all New Delhi Visa Office correspondence go to that repreentiative.

Is it possible to change representative at this stage?

We just want to cancel the representative as they are not replying to our queries.

If possible, Plz guide me how to do it.

Hi,

Yes you can cancel your representative anytime you want. here are the steps:

1. Download the IMM5476E on your computer
2. Fill your personal information in Section A of that form ( don't forget your File# or UCI)
3. Do not write anything in Section B ( because you trying to get rid of that representative)
4. Go to section C of the same form IMM5476E which says: Cancel the appointment of a representative
Put his full name and his organization name.
5. Then you will print that form
6. Sign and date it
7. Scan that form to your visa office with a cover letter explaining why you cancel that representation

Done.

Jannat Kapadia

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th November 2014
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hopefully Waived..!!
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon.
Eagle333 said:
Hi,

Yes you can cancel your representative anytime you want. here are the steps:

1. Download the IMM5476E on your computer
2. Fill your personal information in Section A of that form ( don't forget your File# or UCI)
3. Do not write anything in Section B ( because you trying to get rid of that representative)
4. Go to section C of the same form IMM5476E which says: Cancel the appointment of a representative
Put his full name and his organization name.
5. Then you will print that form
6. Sign and date it
7. Scan that form to your visa office with a cover letter explaining why you cancel that representation

Done.
Thank u so much eagle..!! One more question i have..!!

We have to mail them or can email them ?? Please let me know..!!
Thanks a lot for the reply..!! It helps me a lot. Thank u so much..!!

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jannat Kapadia said:
Thank u so much eagle..!! One more question i have..!!

We have to mail them or can email them ?? Please let me know..!!
Thanks a lot for the reply..!! It helps me a lot. Thank u so much..!!
Email them that is the fastest way. Don't forget your details in the email such as F000000, DOB, Name, UCI if any.

I am telling these things because it seems like you never contacted your visa officer before.

Good luck

Jannat Kapadia

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th November 2014
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hopefully Waived..!!
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon.
Eagle333 said:
Email them that is the fastest way. Don't forget your details in the email such as F000000, DOB, Name, UCI if any.

I am telling these things because it seems like you never contacted your visa officer before.

Good luck
Yaa..!! Because everything was done by our agent..!! So first time contacting them..!! Anyway thanks for the information..!!

Jannat Kapadia

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24th November 2014
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Hopefully Waived..!!
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully soon.
Eagle333 said:

Good luck
On which email id we have to send this ??

Telia

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 May 2015
Doc's Request.
03 Nov 2015
AOR Received.
29 July 2015
File Transfer...
29 July 2015
Med's Request
03 nov. 2015
Med's Done....
20 august 2015
Interview........
God only knows
Passport Req..
God only knows
Eagle333 said:
Write what is important they will understand that.
thank you EAGLE .. this is my first time i am sending mail to visa office .

jaytanz

Sep 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 2014
Interview........
Recommended on 27th April 2016 (Approved) DM 5th May
Passport Req..
9th May 2016
VISA ISSUED...
11th may 2016
LANDED..........
TRV ✌
Jannat Kapadia said:
On which email id we have to send this ??
Hey
Jannat

Upload it via case specific inquiry

Good luck

tony000

Jul 29, 2015
@ Eagle .

I m Feb 2015 Applicant and in Process since 11 Sep 2015 , they started work on my application on May 7 2015 . I'm about to get notes in next week . what are you best guess what i m going find in my notes about Eligibility , Background, security, Reviews etc..

MommyBear888

May 8, 2015
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-02-2015
Doc's Request.
23-05-2015
Passport Req..
23-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
27-11-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
tony000 said:
@ Eagle .

I m Feb 2015 Applicant and in Process since 11 Sep 2015 , they started work on my application on May 7 2015 . I'm about to get notes in next week . what are you best guess what i m going find in my notes about Eligibility , Background, security, Reviews etc..
I think it really depends on the visa officer how fast he could process your application.