+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

mariahvais

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
mariahvais said:
We received your application for permanent residence on March 27, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 8, 2015.
We started processing your application on June 2, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

so eagle what do you think friend?

sara94_ca

Sep 25, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should I order notes or would it be useless now?

Under permanent residence:
1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 10, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on September 24, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

Officer

Jul 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Filed
AOR Received.
Received
File Transfer...
Transfered
Med's Done....
Done
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Issued
LANDED..........
Landed
Hello Eagle333,

Thanks for quick reply yesterday, but still the question is hanging for many applicants ... so once again, main concern was that many ecase files are not showing Medical received ... it shows only two line... as following:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on July 22, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on September 22, 2015.

so, what is your analysis on the above applicants without (Medical results have been received.) line and what is the eligibility for these kind of files...

Regards,

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Hello Eagle3333,

You had asked for the notes from my GCMS and so I posted them a few pages back. My take on the Eligibility: Not Assessed is because the package was opened, they saw our request to transfer the file to Abu Dhabi, and then went through the process of sending it to Abu Dhabi as the physical file stated "In Transit". So I'm going to order GCMS notes in a few months (maybe Jan 2016) to see if there's been any progress made.

If you had any other thoughts, always happy to hear them...but at this point I'm not too worried...you're doing an amazing job responding to everyone's enquiries....

Take care,

C.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chilkootcee said:
Hello Eagle3333,

You had asked for the notes from my GCMS and so I posted them a few pages back. My take on the Eligibility: Not Assessed is because the package was opened, they saw our request to transfer the file to Abu Dhabi, and then went through the process of sending it to Abu Dhabi as the physical file stated "In Transit". So I'm going to order GCMS notes in a few months (maybe Jan 2016) to see if there's been any progress made.

If you had any other thoughts, always happy to hear them...but at this point I'm not too worried...you're doing an amazing job responding to everyone's enquiries....

Take care,

C.
Sounds like a good plan Chilkootcee. Give it few time for they to start working on it. Let's the members how it goes for you.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sara94_ca said:
Should I order notes or would it be useless now?

Under permanent residence:
1. We received your application for permanent residence on September 10, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on September 24, 2015.

[/quot
SARA94 you should wait because it is too early to order now now.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Officer said:
Hello Eagle333,

Thanks for quick reply yesterday, but still the question is hanging for many applicants ... so once again, main concern was that many ecase files are not showing Medical received ... it shows only two line... as following:

so, what is your analysis on the above applicants without (Medical results have been received.) line and what is the eligibility for these kind of files...

Regards,
Officer give me time I will do few research tonight and keep you posted Thursday afternoon Edmonton time.

braveheart09

Star Member
Mar 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ANKARA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6/16/2015
AOR Received.
7/17/2015
File Transfer...
8/24/2015
Med's Done....
5/10/2015
Interview........
01-02-2016
Passport Req..
09-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-05-2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked 25-05-2016
Hi eagle333 thanks for what you are doing right now it helps alot ,
I have a question about something else if you know anything about it I really appeciate it . So I have a sponsorship application going on and after all that process I need to apply for authorization to return to canada one of the officers told me that before my deperature so do you have any idea how many months it takes are they doing backround and security checks again with that process ? Thanks a lot don't work hard we need you in this forum ,take it easy ;D

CANzanillo

Aug 20, 2014
Calgary, Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
Hi Eagle333, here is my case. We would appreciate your remarks!

Permanent Residence
1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 19, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on August 10, 2015.
4. We sent you correspondence on September 14, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

08/19/2015 - ECAS status went into "In Process"
09/14/2015 - We received email from Mexico City VO with AOR2 and request for 4 additional documentation items; 1) updated Schedule A Background/Declaration requesting specifics about a 9 month trip through Central, South America and USA., also requested 2) documentation from spouse (me) of proving my intent to re-establish in Canada (we live in Mexico together right now), and 3) a letter outlining my wife's (the PA) plan to reside in Canada, and 4) Federal criminal record check for Mexico (PGR).
All these 4 documents were couriered to the VO in Mexico City on OCTOBER 7, 2015 and received in the VO on October 8th, 2015 (They gave us 30 days to submit everything.)
10/16/2015 - ECAS updated with Line 3, "Medicals Received"

We have never requested GCMS notes! A couple other points I want to make... 1) There is a significant age difference between myself and my wife, and 2) I am fully confident that there will be no problems found in criminality and security checks.

So, in trying to understand your analysis, I assume my wife passed medicals?? Has she already passed eligibility too? And they are already working on criminality?? Can we tell if they have waived an interview yet? Any idea on how much longer we may have to wait? My wife's medical results expire Dec 15, 2015. Is it worth it at this stage to order GCMS notes? Thanks in advance!

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Everybody listen up,

I just got off the phone a while ago with a friend of mine whose big brother works for CIC around the globe. I ask my friend to ask his brother why new applicants have 3 lines very quickly on their eCas? and their eCas shows in process with the date they started processing? He told him that; way down from 2011, CIC had a huge
backlog to clear because the background checks were requested after the eligibility passes, if someone had to go through an interview their background checks were only started after they pass eligibility via interview. But CIC wants to cut the backlog by introducing a new strategy in requesting the background checks even before eligibility is not finished yet so that when the VO will finished updating the eligibility the background might come right quickly to allow them in taking a quick Decision. He said today they update eCas to in process at the very early date but it does not mean that the file is almost done also eligibility in some cases is still under review by 3 different officers each one take turns, usually the 3rd Officer is a Manager mostly a Canadian notional but
the first 2 officers are always local people that are trained by CIC to work for Canada in their home country. Now I understand why CIC usually says that file is under review even for 3 months. So guys he said that as long as there is no additional documents requested or interview letter sent, the applicants should not worry and the date shown on eCas is when the application went in process or is when they requested the background checks at the same time they will take time to review the eligibility stage. He said they don't want to wait for someone to pass an interview so that they can start the checks it slows down the process.

Hope I did something for Millions of applicants who are troubled about the new and old in process. I am will take questions with more confidence now. Guys I am working so hard because my brother is also sponsoring his wife that is why you see I am very dedicated like this, otherwise I would have been busy doing other things. lol

mjvc2323

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Im sponsor me and my wife went together for interview on oct 7 in Islamabad. The visa officer was lady and took one hour with my wife and 20 min together. She did not clarify if i passed or not but gave back passport and said she will decide in one month when she goes back to london. She gave back some documents but she kept police certificate(first time given on interview), photocopies of our both passports, money transfers, some ruqsti pictures, 4 passport size photos. Does that mean she rejected my case? After 10 days my ecase changed to decision made but no letter yet.

preetiv

May 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
22-8-2014
File Transfer...
2-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
hope so soon by God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
crossing fingers
Officer said:
Hello Eagle333,

Regards,
Hi officer,
That's because NDVO is following the below link these days

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/redir.do?redir=app_perm_fam&lang=en&app=

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjvc2323 said:
Im sponsor me and my wife went together for interview on oct 7 in Islamabad. The visa officer was lady and took one hour with my wife and 20 min together. She did not clarify if i passed or not but gave back passport and said she will decide in one month when she goes back to london. She gave back some documents but she kept police certificate(first time given on interview), photocopies of our both passports, money transfers, some ruqsti pictures, 4 passport size photos. Does that mean she rejected my case? After 10 days my ecase changed to decision made but no letter yet.
It is does not look good my friend, don't quote me wrong. they could have kept your passport right there at the interview and show DM in eCas. In your case they return the passport and keep police certificate because it belongs to them now, they return to you simple paperwork except the passport which they can not keep. I suspect a rejection, again I could be wrong too. I have so many questions now than answers for your case. Things don't make sense at all. Keep us informed of what they will say because there is a letter on your way in 2 weeks from the day of that decision. Good luck

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CANzanillo said:
Hi Eagle333, here is my case. We would appreciate your remarks!

Permanent Residence
1. We received your application for permanent residence on January 19, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on August 10, 2015.
4. We sent you correspondence on September 14, 2015. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

08/19/2015 - ECAS status went into "In Process"
09/14/2015 - We received email from Mexico City VO with AOR2 and request for 4 additional documentation items; 1) updated Schedule A Background/Declaration requesting specifics about a 9 month trip through Central, South America and USA., also requested 2) documentation from spouse (me) of proving my intent to re-establish in Canada (we live in Mexico together right now), and 3) a letter outlining my wife's (the PA) plan to reside in Canada, and 4) Federal criminal record check for Mexico (PGR).
All these 4 documents were couriered to the VO in Mexico City on OCTOBER 7, 2015 and received in the VO on October 8th, 2015 (They gave us 30 days to submit everything.)
10/16/2015 - ECAS updated with Line 3, "Medicals Received"

We have never requested GCMS notes! A couple other points I want to make... 1) There is a significant age difference between myself and my wife, and 2) I am fully confident that there will be no problems found in criminality and security checks.

So, in trying to understand your analysis, I assume my wife passed medicals?? Has she already passed eligibility too? And they are already working on criminality?? Can we tell if they have waived an interview yet? Any idea on how much longer we may have to wait? My wife's medical results expire Dec 15, 2015. Is it worth it at this stage to order GCMS notes? Thanks in advance!
They are doing background checks on your file CANzanillo. Let your file mature for few months then order your GCMS notes I will help you read them. Good luck

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Officer said:
Hello Eagle333,

Regards,
Officer I posted a new note on this thread, your questions are answered in that message.

Reactions: greengoblin