CPC Miss/Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2015
Doc's Request.
14-09-2015 including PGR submitted 07/10/2015
AOR Received.
AOR 20-03-2015 - SA 24-03-2015 confirmed by phone 27-03-2015. AOR2 received 14-09-2015
File Transfer...
...within a month I was told - Update 22-04-2015 - was told my file transferred to MCVO on 20/04/2015
Med's Request
Upfront/Extended for one year to 12/01/2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2014
Interview........
Waived Thank God!
Passport Req..
03-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2015
LANDED..........
20-12-2015. PR Card Rec'd Feb 20, 2016
Eagle333 said:
They are doing background checks on your file CANzanillo. Let your file mature for few months then order your GCMS notes I will help you read them. Good luck
Thank you for taking the time to look at it. I appreciate your remarks! I will let you know when I order GCMS notes. TYVM!

Mhikyla12

Star Member
Mar 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Apr 7, 2015 SA: Apr 20, 2015
File Transfer...
Apr 30, 2015 AOR2: May 20, 2015 IN Process: Aug 7, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 25, 2014
Passport Req..
Addt'l docs: May 20, 2015 PP sent to CEM: June 8, 2015
Hi Eagle333. Is the background check done to ALL applicants? I read in another tread, there was an applicant who submitted their application to CPC in May and received his visa in August (DM: Aug 6, Visa on hand: Aug 10). So if applications are reviewed by three different officers and background checks are done to each applicant, how on earth his application was processed in 3 mos? Thank you.

preetiv

May 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
22-8-2014
File Transfer...
2-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
hope so soon by God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
crossing fingers
Mhikyla12 said:
Hi Eagle333. Is the background check done to ALL applicants? I read in another tread, there was an applicant who submitted their application to CPC in May and received his visa in August (DM: Aug 6, Visa on hand: Aug 10). So if applications are reviewed by three different officers and background checks are done to each applicant, how on earth his application was processed in 3 mos? Thank you.
Background checks are done for all applicants.

As far as background checks are concerned it takes 2 to max 3 weeks of time (in case of travel history at times delays , that too depends on the countries) got this info from an x im officer

And will also give you a small example

Consider a file of an applicant who has an interview.
After clearing the eligibility criteria they start verifying the other checks like medicals,Background checks like security,criminality,RFV all this is done with in 2 months of time.

So now you imagine how quick the process could be.

Here is the link explaining background checks by cic

http://fas.org/asmp/campaigns/control/Canadianexemptionsfoia/FOIA_4_22_05/P5HX.pdf

I hope this help :)

mjvc2323

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Eagle333 said:
It is does not look good my friend, don't quote me wrong. they could have kept your passport right there at the interview and show DM in eCas. In your case they return the passport and keep police certificate because it belongs to them now, they return to you simple paperwork except the passport which they can not keep. I suspect a rejection, again I could be wrong too. I have so many questions now than answers for your case. Things don't make sense at all. Keep us informed of what they will say because there is a letter on your way in 2 weeks from the day of that decision. Good luck
But I don't understand its genuine case I applied in June 2013. I visited my wife four times send money transfers, photos, communications. But why would she keep money transfers, photocopies of both passports, passports size photos, phone bills, Skype logs and returned the rest. Very confusing.

preetiv

May 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
22-8-2014
File Transfer...
2-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
hope so soon by God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
crossing fingers
mjvc2323 said:
But I don't understand its genuine case I applied in June 2013. I visited my wife four times send money transfers, photos, communications. But why would she keep money transfers, photocopies of both passports, passports size photos, phone bills, Skype logs and returned the rest. Very confusing.
Hai for more clarity on your file go for mp inquiry.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mjvc2323 said:
Try to order your GCMS and I see what is going on. I am my brother representative for his wife. I ordered her GCMS once now and everything seem to be straight forward. We don't want to contact a MP to me it is a west of time because GCMS give a clear message. So relax and wait for the letter. I wish you all the best.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mhikyla12 said:
Mhikyla12,

I understand your point but these types of applications can be 10% out of 90% of applications. How many members got their visa in 3 months so far on this forum? So we don't know what happened to that applicant and why her/his case sped so fast like that. Let's be realistic here and face the general trend of most applicants. You can see how many people are struggling and waiting months and months to reunite with their loved ones. Everybody would wish their applications to take that route of 3 months to come to Canada. Let's look at the big picture. I feel so bad to see how people are suffering and waiting to see their family members and CIC does not care because it is a systems build to screen candidates who are eligible to enter Canada.

sausageboyuk

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-09-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2015
Eagle333 said:
Everybody listen up,

I just got off the phone a while ago with a friend of mine whose big brother works for CIC around the globe. I ask my friend to ask his brother why new applicants have 3 lines very quickly on their eCas? and their eCas shows in process with the date they started processing? He told him that; way down from 2011, CIC had a huge
backlog to clear because the background checks were requested after the eligibility passes, if someone had to go through an interview their background checks were only started after they pass eligibility via interview. But CIC wants to cut the backlog by introducing a new strategy in requesting the background checks even before eligibility is not finished yet so that when the VO will finished updating the eligibility the background might come right quickly to allow them in taking a quick Decision. He said today they update eCas to in process at the very early date but it does not mean that the file is almost done also eligibility in some cases is still under review by 3 different officers each one take turns, usually the 3rd Officer is a Manager mostly a Canadian notional but
the first 2 officers are always local people that are trained by CIC to work for Canada in their home country. Now I understand why CIC usually says that file is under review even for 3 months. So guys he said that as long as there is no additional documents requested or interview letter sent, the applicants should not worry and the date shown on eCas is when the application went in process or is when they requested the background checks at the same time they will take time to review the eligibility stage. He said they don't want to wait for someone to pass an interview so that they can start the checks it slows down the process.

Hope I did something for Millions of applicants who are troubled about the new and old in process. I am will take questions with more confidence now. Guys I am working so hard because my brother is also sponsoring his wife that is why you see I am very dedicated like this, otherwise I would have been busy doing other things. lol
Wow this is so helpful Eagle333 - thank you!

The information on ecas for me is:
1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 6, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on October 5, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

I am applying for PR through my common-law partner through the London office. My sponsor was approved on October 5. New photos were requested on October 9 which I sent out the next day.

From your knowledge, and based on what you were told by your friend's brother, does it look like my application is a) really in process b) may be processed quicker that usual now that the background checks are done simultaneously?

I really hope so!

Thanks again

Do you think it is on a desk waiting to be looked at and processed or it is actually being worked on much faster than expected?

Thanks!

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sausageboyuk said:

I am applying for PR through my common-law partner through the London office. My sponsor was approved on October 5. New photos were requested on October 9 which I sent out the next day.

From your knowledge, and based on what you were told by your friend's brother, does it look like my application is a) really in process b) may be processed quicker that usual now that the background checks are done simultaneously?

I really hope so!

Thanks again

Do you think it is on a desk waiting to be looked at and processed or it is actually being worked on much faster than expected?

Thanks!
Sausageboyuk which year was your sponsorship approved October 5 of this year or last year?

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
Eagle333,

Someone else on the forum pointed me to your thread.

First, a genuine thanks from all of us who really appreciate the clarity you bring and time you're putting into each and every query. You're akin to a childhood superhero, walking around faceless and likely thankless for good deeds! So, thanks!

I've read over your posts on here, but I wondered if you might clarify something for me: Does everyone receive the request for additional documents OR request for interview paperwork? And, is one of those two letters—additional docs or interview—the requisite indicator that your application truly is IP?

My timeline reads as such:

• May 5th - My application was received by the CIC.
[br]
  • June 3rd - AOR with ECAS showing medical results received.
[br]
  • July 7th - SA was received.
[br]
  • August 5th - Received GCMS notes. I ordered Case Notes to determine if my address change had been added. (It failed to show in ECAS until 2 months after I'd requested it, however it appeared on my GCMS notes.) Nothing but medical had been started. Medical was passed.
[br]
  • October 8th - Ordered GCMS notes for the heck of it.
[br]
  • October 9th - ECAS changed from 2 lines to 3 lines, and Application Received changed to In Progress. ECAS reads with the standard line that they, "started processing [my] application on July 6th.*"
[br]

*I've read your commentary about this date versus the date ECAS changes to reflect IP. Thanks!

I've yet to see a request for additional documents letter or an interview letter. Is it safe to assume that my application isn't actually IP because I've failed to receive a letter from the CIC yet?

sausageboyuk

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-09-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2015
Eagle333 said:
Sausageboyuk which year was your sponsorship approved October 5 of this year or last year?
in 2015 :)

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ineffable said:
Eagle333,

Someone else on the forum pointed me to your thread.

First, a genuine thanks from all of us who really appreciate the clarity you bring and time you're putting into each and every query. You're akin to a childhood superhero, walking around faceless and likely thankless for good deeds! So, thanks!

I've read over your posts on here, but I wondered if you might clarify something for me: Does everyone receive the request for additional documents OR request for interview paperwork? And, is one of those two letters—additional docs or interview—the requisite indicator that your application truly is IP?

My timeline reads as such:

• May 5th - My application was received by the CIC.
[br]
  • June 3rd - AOR with ECAS showing medical results received.
[br]
  • July 7th - SA was received.
[br]
  • August 5th - Received GCMS notes. I ordered Case Notes to determine if my address change had been added. (It failed to show in ECAS until 2 months after I'd requested it, however it appeared on my GCMS notes.) Nothing but medical had been started. Medical was passed.
[br]
  • October 8th - Ordered GCMS notes for the heck of it.
[br]
  • October 9th - ECAS changed from 2 lines to 3 lines, and Application Received changed to In Progress. ECAS reads with the standard line that they, "started processing [my] application on July 6th.*"
[br]

*I've read your commentary about this date versus the date ECAS changes to reflect IP. Thanks!

I've yet to see a request for additional documents letter or an interview letter. Is it safe to assume that my application isn't actually IP because I've failed to receive a letter from the CIC yet?
ineffable,

I appreciate your kindness and I am trying to share a little bit what I know about this immigration process. If you have not received any additional documents letter or interview letter you are even good. As people say no news is good news which means if they did not send any letter requesting interview or additional documents you are more good. One thing I will advise you to do is to wait for your file to mature a little then you will request again GCMS in order to verify if eligibility says pass. They are actually working on your file and if the found all your supporting documents convincing they will quietly continue processing your file without disturbing you and it might take a bit of time though. Just hang tight.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sausageboyuk said:

I really hope so!

Thanks again

Thanks!
A. It is very clear that your file was opened at the time it arrived at CHC for the first time and an office had to set his/her eyes on your application. He/she found not enough photos, that is why pI cures wère réquestres. B. You are in queue for the eligibility review. C. It does not mean your case will be processed fast however your file will go through the normal routine and only time will tell.

Ineffable

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 5, 2015
Doc's Request.
October 23, 2015
AOR Received.
June 3, 2015
File Transfer...
July 7, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
March 21, 2015
Interview........
IP: Oct. 9, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Nov. 14, 2015
LANDED..........
Nov. 28, 2015
Eagle333 said:
ineffable,

I appreciate your kindness and I am trying to share a little bit what I know about this immigration process. If you have not received any additional documents letter or interview letter you are even good. As people say no news is good news which means if they did not send any letter requesting interview or additional documents you are more good. One thing I will advise you to do is to wait for your file to mature a little then you will request again GCMS in order to verify if eligibility says pass. They are actually working on your file and if the found all your supporting documents convincing they will quietly continue processing your file without disturbing you and it might take a bit of time though. Just hang tight.
Good to know. Will do that. I appreciate it!

mjvc2323

Star Member
Apr 16, 2015
Eagle333 said:
Try to order your GCMS and I see what is going on. I am my brother representative for his wife. I ordered her GCMS once now and everything seem to be straight forward. We don't want to contact a MP to me it is a west of time because GCMS give a clear message. So relax and wait for the letter. I wish you all the best.
Thank you