+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Old employer office closed and can't get reference letter

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
I just received my GCMS notes and it looks like for one of my jobs I am not getting and CRS points and review is required. This is because of no reference letter from the organisation and so they couldn't verify my job duties. But that organisation closed a few years ago and so I can't get a letter on their letterhead. Any ideas about what I should do? I think my application will be rejected :( :(

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Why did you claim points for work experience you cannot provide proof for? If you knew about this already, you could have mentioned it with the application in the form of an LoE stating why you were not able to get a reference letter from the employer. You could have used pay stubs, taxes filed, bank statements to prove the employment against the reference letter.

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
Why did you claim points for work experience you cannot provide proof for? If you knew about this already, you could have mentioned it with the application in the form of an LoE stating why you were not able to get a reference letter from the employer. You could have used pay stubs, taxes filed, bank statements to prove the employment against the reference letter.
Because I did that job for 2 years and need the points from it! Yes I did do all of that, it is not a case of proving whether I had the job or not as I provided all of that proof, it is a case of proving whether I did the job duties as I could not submit a letter with the job duties signed by my manager on letterhead

immonger

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Because I did that job for 2 years and need the points from it! Yes I did do all of that, it is not a case of proving whether I had the job or not as I provided all of that proof, it is a case of proving whether I did the job duties as I could not submit a letter with the job duties signed by my manager on letterhead
VO will not be able to assess your employment against the NOC without the job roles & responsibilities, which they specifically ask for!