+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Old address in ecas

mumbai1985

Feb 25, 2014
My mailing address on ecas shows my old address during PR application. Home address is correct. I used the option to update the address online - there was no option to update the mailing address only. Hence, I updated my home address (not really an update as it was the same as before) and selected the option 'mailing address is same as home address'.

It's been over a month since I did this, but ecas still shows the old mailing address.

Anyone having this issue ? Cic call center is always busy and I could never talk to a representative.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
I had the same issue with my home and mail adresses.
Updated both, home address went ok after a few days but the mail address never did, even after a month. Tried again, no luck...

Then, for some reason, when I got my AOR, the mail address just disappeared from my ECAS. I honestly do not know if the online form was finally taken into account and they no longer show both adresses if identical, or if it was corrected because I specified in my citizenship application that the home and mail addresses are the same.

I also remember they sent my PR card years back to my very first address in Canada, even if that one didn't appear anywhere in my PR application, and I had no issues with my visas or student/work permits, on completely different addresses. I had to call them after 3 months to find out what the issue was and finally get my PR card.
Fair to say their mail address update process is shaky at best, and has been for years now... :)

walmzd

Star Member
May 27, 2012
I've faced the same issue on my online service. The home address is correct and the mailing address is the one I used during my PR application in my home country. I updated the mailing address, by updating the home address button. Couple of days after I performed the update the mailing address has disappeared from online service and the correct home address remained!