+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OK...what would happen?...

Eric Parker

Star Member
Jun 26, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the IO lets you into Canada for a "Visit" (say you showed them tickets for a return trip after 2 weeks), but you decided to stay longer (up to 6 months, I belive), would they send somebody to to get you and send you home?

Now for the extra kicker...add to this a fact that the person has applied for PR before making the trip to Canada (above scenario), would staying longer than the original two weeks jeopardize the PR application?

Food for thought here....

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
Eric Parker said:
If the IO lets you into Canada for a "Visit" (say you showed them tickets for a return trip after 2 weeks), but you decided to stay longer (up to 6 months, I belive), would they send somebody to to get you and send you home?
- I guess it does not matter whether you had a return ticket after 2 weeks or not. It matters that how long the IO allowed you to stay in Canada. They will stamp on your visa with a date. Staying beyond that will be considered as illegal.

Now for the extra kicker...add to this a fact that the person has applied for PR before making the trip to Canada (above scenario), would staying longer than the original two weeks jeopardize the PR application?

- Just my understanding so far that, what ever you do it will remain in their computer system and everything you do they can track from there. The immigration officer dealing with your PR application might check these sometimes!

Food for thought here....
Just my opinions though:)

JC

Star Member
Aug 25, 2005
Eric Parker said:
Why would you jeopardize your PR application by doing something illegal at this stage if you have already applied?