+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP

lee vu

Feb 26, 2019
Hi, My brother is an international student. Question:
After being Nominated under PNP Ontario, does he have to write Ielts for express entry process?

eeprofilehelp

Star Member
Feb 6, 2017
Category........
CEC
Hi, My brother is an international student. Question:
After being Nominated under PNP Ontario, does he have to write Ielts for express entry process?
He needs IELTS(General) in order to create EE profile from which he will get OINP request(if met the criteria). There is no separate website to apply for OINP.

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
How people get nominated without EE and then file paper based PR?
They're is a seperate website for filling for Ontario's specific PNP program.

https://www.oinp.citizenship.gov.on.ca/oinp_index/resources/app/guest/index.html

Even if you apply for a PNP through a province (for example international students stream, which is a paper based PNP for graduates of Ontario colleges)

You will still be required to apply to the federal government for PR after being nominated by your province.

Therefore you will need the same documents as express entry.

I would only suggest going the paper PNP route if you don't have enough CRS points or you don't qualify for any express entry programs.

lee vu

Feb 26, 2019

https://www.oinp.citizenship.gov.on.ca/oinp_index/resources/app/guest/index.html

Even if you apply for a PNP through a province (for example international students stream, which is a paper based PNP for graduates of Ontario colleges)

You will still be required to apply to the federal government for PR after being nominated by your province.

I would only suggest going the paper PNP route if you don't have enough CRS points or you don't qualify for any express entry programs.
Question is once I have nomination from Ontario, Do i need to write ielts for express entry or paper based PR?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
Question is once I have nomination from Ontario, Do i need to write ielts for express entry or paper based PR?
The document checklist for PNP PR says this

Since July 1,2012, most applicants to Provincial/territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies.

• IELTS (General Training test only.)
  • CELPIP(General Training test only.), and/or
  • TEF
If this applies to you, then you need to write IELTS again, otherwise no.

lee vu

Feb 26, 2019
The document checklist for PNP PR says this

Since July 1,2012, most applicants to Provincial/territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies.

• IELTS (General Training test only.)
  • CELPIP(General Training test only.), and/or
  • TEF
If this applies to you, then you need to write IELTS again, otherwise no.
Thanks.

krishnapahlajani93

Star Member
Nov 5, 2018
Toronto, Canada

I have 438 CRS points with IELTS maxed out, can I apply OINP by going on the link above?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
I have 438 CRS points with IELTS maxed out, can I apply OINP by going on the link above?
I would suggest with your points, that you should try express entry. I think the cut off was 423 at one point.

However if you are a International student and you have completed a course in Ontario then you can apply. CRS scores aren't a factor in being selected for this ONIP program.

Loki_11

Oct 5, 2020
Hi,

Can anyone help me out here?

Applied for OINP (pnp via express entry)

Passed medicals - 22nd Oct 2019
Processing time end date - 3rd April 2020

Its been almost a year since I submitted my application as on 3rd Oct 2019 but haven't heard back yet on the status of my application, is there anyway I can reach out to IRCC to check on my application status?
Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks!

sshivam29

Star Member
Aug 9, 2019
Hi,

Can anyone help me out here?

Applied for OINP (pnp via express entry)

Passed medicals - 22nd Oct 2019
Processing time end date - 3rd April 2020

Its been almost a year since I submitted my application as on 3rd Oct 2019 but haven't heard back yet on the status of my application, is there anyway I can reach out to IRCC to check on my application status?
Any help here would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Are you waiting for your OINP application to be approved or you applied for Express Entry PR application? If you are waiting for PR status then raise a webform to get the status IRCC usually replies in 5 days.

Loki_11

Oct 5, 2020
I did raise a request through the web from thrice but have received standard reverts saying they will get back to me.
So not sure how to go about it.