+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Work History Queries

shinegirl1593

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Greetings everyone,

I wanted to check regarding work experience in EE vs OINP. I got my NOI recently and currently working on my application.
In my EE profile, I have only shown the work experience that aligns with my primary NOC. The total work experience shown in EE profile is more than 3 years.
In my OINP- Human Capital Priorities Stream- FSW application, I am showing all my past work experience in 10 years, including, primary NOC jobs and also, the other work experience.

I have the following questions:

1. Is this the right approach to fill both EE profile and OINP application i.e. only primary NOC work experience in EE profile and all work experiences in OINP?
  2. I have also recently changed jobs after getting my NOI. Should I include the new job in my OINP application and EE profile?
  3. If I have a short gap between jobs (i.e about a month), should I add this gap in the OINP- Activities section and additionally, upload a Letter of Explanation(LOE)?

Please kindly advise. Thank you in advance.

iftek0793

Jun 8, 2019
I am also in the same boat

I received NOI from Ontario:
In my EE profile, I only mentioned the three years (out of the 5 years in the same company) I am claiming points for as I have the required papers.
To keep everything in line with the EE profile:
Can I mention the work period I am not claiming points for in the 'other activities' section while filling for OINP?
What support documents should I upload?

Here is a timeline:
Company B - August (2023 -Present) NOC 10022 (Current Job) – Other activities
Company A - October – 2019 – June 2023 NOC 21233 (Primary, This is the one entered in EE Profile)
Company B - August 2018 – September 2019 – NOC 21233 - Other activities
Company B - Feb 2018 – July 2018 – NOC 10022 - Other activities

Thanks