+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP: Work Experience Clarification

r1t

Nov 14, 2020
Dear all,
I am working on my OINP file after receiving NOI on 12-Nov-2020. I have some clarifications related to work experience & other activities section:
  • Situation: I have total 10 years experience, but in my EE profile I am only claiming points for my last 6 years on the basis of which I have received the OINP NOI.
  • Challenge: Under OINP work experience section they have mentioned to list down all paid work experience (listing down is not the issue), the challenge is that I do not have Reference Letters from previous employers before last 6 years I have Reference letters since Jun-2014 to date, whereas prior to that from Jun-2010 to May-2014 I do not have experience letters
  • Question: so how do I manage that?
best Regards

Reactions: astraldust

Timbuktu_14

Champion Member
Feb 5, 2020
Dear all,
I am working on my OINP file after receiving NOI on 12-Nov-2020. I have some clarifications related to work experience & other activities section:
  • Situation: I have total 10 years experience, but in my EE profile I am only claiming points for my last 6 years on the basis of which I have received the OINP NOI.
  • Challenge: Under OINP work experience section they have mentioned to list down all paid work experience (listing down is not the issue), the challenge is that I do not have Reference Letters from previous employers before last 6 years I have Reference letters since Jun-2014 to date, whereas prior to that from Jun-2010 to May-2014 I do not have experience letters
best Regards
Declare only your 6years experience in the work history section and submit reference letter and payslips or bank statement showing salary deposits for same. Then, include the previous years of work experience on your resume.

r1t

Nov 14, 2020
Declare only your 6years experience in the work history section and submit reference letter and payslips or bank statement showing salary deposits for same. Then, include the previous years of work experience on your resume.
But then it will show break in my profile/gap in last the 10 years. They have clearly mentioned that there should not be any gaps in your profile in last 10 years and all of the time should be accounted.

Madav

Jan 21, 2021
Hello everyone, we submitted our oinp application and now our status changed to assessment. We are applying as common law and they asked the primary applicant for further documentations (reference letter for her last job which is in freelance journalism under 'insufficient documentation to verify work experience' and 'proof of compensation'). Her NOC is in journalism but she worked for the last 3 years in events and the 2 years before that in social media which is not directly related to her major. I'm really feeling like we're going to get rejected because her major(NOC) is not directly related to her recent job experience. I would REALLY appreciate any feedback that might help, at the moment she's working on getting the reference and compensation letters ready.

Flicktrip

Feb 9, 2021
Dear all,
best Regards
Hi, at what stage has you application reached?

Chhabrabhawana

Jan 28, 2019
Dear all,
best Regards
I am in same situation. What did you finally do? Did you declare it in work ex or other activities?

Madav

Jan 21, 2021
I am in same situation. What did you finally do? Did you declare it in work ex or other activities?
We listed down old job experiences without reference letters and they only seemed to be interested in the most recent ones (last 4/5 years related to the EE primary NOC) on the condition that we have one continuous year of exp in the specified NOC

Chhabrabhawana

Jan 28, 2019
We listed down old job experiences without reference letters and they only seemed to be interested in the most recent ones (last 4/5 years related to the EE primary NOC) on the condition that we have one continuous year of exp in the specified NOC
Alright. Thanks for alot for confirming. All the best for further process

Last edited:

Rohan99

Mar 21, 2017
So did you list the old job experiences without reference letters in Other activities ? or under Work history?

Also at what stage is your application now ?

Madav

Jan 21, 2021
So did you list the old job experiences without reference letters in Other activities ? or under Work history?

Also at what stage is your application now ?
Under work history

Our application reached DIP

We submitted on Nov 12 2020
Assessment on Feb 3 2021
ADR on Feb 10 2021
ADR submitted on Feb 16
DIP on March 5

Rohan99

Mar 21, 2017
Under work history

Our application reached DIP

We submitted on Nov 12 2020
Assessment on Feb 3 2021
ADR on Feb 10 2021
ADR submitted on Feb 16
DIP on March 5
thanks for the info... Did they request any additional documents ?

rajat.ning

Nov 1, 2021
Hello All, Please advise. While filling OINP, shall we add all work history for past 10 years or only the one's for which points are being claimed? reason is they are asking for last years history however i have only provided last 4 years history in EE based on which NOI was sent from ON. Confused as only have solid papers from last 5-6 years. Thanks in advance.

Cake111

Dec 11, 2021
have a question here and I am really stressed out can someone please response me
For my primary code the experience is full one year and falls within five years however
For secondary noc code there is a gap of one year and the experience falls in last 10 years
I just wanted to ask shall I include it since with primary I’m only standing on 455 and with secondary it’s 478