+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP starts next week?

danif69

Jun 10, 2016
Hi all!

is there any info on the OINP human capital program re-opening?
as it is the end of Nov and the goverment should've allocated their quota to Ontario.

cococly

Aug 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Doc's Request.
28-FEB-2017
Nomination.....
07-DEC-2016
AOR Received.
18-JAN-2017
Med's Done....
24-DEC-2016
Passport Req..
06-JUN-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-JUN-2017
LANDED..........
00-JUL-2017
No news nor announcement yet, they still have a few thousands applicants from the backlog

newbutterfly

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Inland
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OINP has to wait for subsequent draws in order to determine what their own cutoff score will be for invitation.

The addition of 30 points to international students will also impact their Masters streams so they have to also revisit it to make some changes. It might take a while...

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dont think so. But im 99.9 % sure there will be some changes. It will not be the same. Most provinces are providing EOIs based on job offer or connection to the province and i think ontario is getting ready to do the same ,people will have to qualify and request an EOI online based on their new rules. They will launch an online expression of interest system soon.

shyguy

May 22, 2015
newbutterfly said:
OINP has to wait for subsequent draws in order to determine what their own cutoff score will be for invitation.

The addition of 30 points to international students will also impact their Masters streams so they have to also revisit it to make some changes. It might take a while...
Is that gonna be a positive or negative impact on the Masters stream ? Meaning the number of nominations allotted to master's stream without job offer is likely to increase or decrease or will they scrap the Masters stream altogether? Just asking for your opinion, even if it may not be accurate

newbutterfly

Star Member
May 31, 2016
Inland
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shyguy said:
Is that gonna be a positive or negative impact on the Masters stream ? Meaning the number of nominations allotted to master's stream without job offer is likely to increase or decrease or will they scrap the Masters stream altogether? Just asking for your opinion, even if it may not be accurate
Well, I do not know for sure what they will do but I think they will have to wait and see if the number of graduates that apply to the stream increases or decreases. When that is determined, they can decide whether to reduce, increase or eliminate the quota for Masters/PHD stream and possibly reallocate those empty slots to the human capital or french skilled worker etc.

The way I think it works is- they have a quota of 5500 for the international graduates stream. Now 3000 may go to masters students and 2500 may go to PHD students. If based on the addition of new points, more PHD students opt for Express Entry, they will simply reallocate those slots to the stream they feel needs it more. If however, only few people apply to these stream, then there is a chance that it will be eliminated altogether. But these changes will not come now but in subsequent years as they don't know the impact of the Express Entry changes yet.

My hope is that this forces them to reduce the cost of application and also improve their processing times.