+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP-Skilled Trade-2020

EFan

Aug 6, 2020
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to the thread. I just want to check the processing time for ONIP. I know the website shows "Skilled Trade" usually takes 30-60 days,...But the DIP stage seems to take so long...
Is there anybody who can share the timeline, please?

My timeline: (June 17th draw, Skilled trade)
Submitted: July 8, 2020
Assessment: July 14, 2020
DIP: July 17, 2020
Nomination: Waiting.....

One of my friends submitted on July 6, and he received his nomination on July 31.

nicck99

Star Member
Mar 22, 2019
hi,
i am waiting for next skilled trade oinp draw...do you have any idea when it would or any pattern?

EFan

Aug 6, 2020
hi,
i am waiting for next skilled trade oinp draw...do you have any idea when it would or any pattern?
Hey,

To be honest, it's kinda hard to say, I had been waiting for more than half of the year for the draw...

It depends on your EE score and occupation types. As you can see, the invites progressively reduced since last year. In 2018, they drew the skilled trade almost every two months. But there were only 3 draws last year. And there were already two draws this year. Also, last year they introduced something new to the program, which never happens before, "the lowest score"... Last December the lowest score was 410, and I missed that one, cuz my score was not enough, so I did a couple of language tests...This April they drew the targeted occupation, and I missed that one too, due to the types of work. The one which I got invited this time also had the lowest score, 400.

So, I heard there are some immigration consultants predicted it 'probably' would draw one more time for "Skilled Trade" this year. But since more than half of the nomination allocation are used this year, so perhaps it won't be a "big" draw like last time. Nobody knows whether they gonna draw based on targeted occupation or EE score. In my opinion, they probably won't draw people without any limits any more, like what they did in 2018.

It all depends on the federal EE draw, if that score keeps rising, then more and more people will start to apply for a nomination to raise the score, so definitely the gov gonna set some limits.