+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP selection from Express Entry profile

dansura

Jul 16, 2021
I know this is not the correct thread but does anyone know how long does one have to reside or work in Ontario given they got the PR stamped through OINP?
I have accepted the nomination from Ontario on December 16, 2019 and the Nomination Letter just says:
If you accept a nomination, you are indicating to both IRCC and that provincial or territorial jurisdiction that you are intending to reside in that province or territory and that you will comply with other related program requirements.
Does this mean I have to live/ work in Ontario indefinitely? My employer is based in British Columbia, I'd like to understand how this works.

vikramnaik14

Nov 30, 2020
Category........
PNP
I know this is not the correct thread but does anyone know how long does one have to reside or work in Ontario given they got the PR stamped through OINP?
I have accepted the nomination from Ontario on December 16, 2019 and the Nomination Letter just says:

Does this mean I have to live/ work in Ontario indefinitely? My employer is based in British Columbia, I'd like to understand how this works.
I believe you have to stay for 3 years in the province that nominated you. Eventually you can shorten the time if you can prove that you got employment in another province. You can search on the web regarding this (its a common query)

Reactions: ammar.dubai

ammar.dubai

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
I believe you have to stay for 3 years in the province that nominated you. Eventually you can shorten the time if you can prove that you got employment in another province. You can search on the web regarding this (its a common query)
You will have to make genuine attempt to seek employment in Ontario. If you are unable to find a job and you have an offer from other province you can move if Ontario feels you had an intention to settle but couldn't find a job.

Maduka

Jul 1, 2021
I have a question.
How long does it take to move from assessment to DIP, and From DIP to nomination?

Mohit shera

Jan 5, 2021
I applied under ontario skilled trade.
Applied - july 10
Assesement - july 14
Dip- july 17
Now how long it takes for approval. As i see my upper two stage are changed very quickly

Maduka

Jul 1, 2021
Applied - july 10
Assesement - july 14
Dip- july 17
Now how long it takes for approval. As i see my upper two stage are changed very quickly
Wow. That was very fast.
Are you inside Canada already?

Maduka

Jul 1, 2021
Applied - july 10
Assesement - july 14
Dip- july 17
Although OINP made a statement that complete application will decrease processing time. Hopefully we may be getting nominations within a month of submission.