+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP-Relative living in Alberta - Shold I declare my Canadian connection or not?

lolrofl

May 5, 2013
Hello,

I received my OINP invitation yesterday and am planning to apply for it. I just have one question, my sister is currently residing in Alberta. Would mentioning her as my Canadian connection have any negative impacts on my application (since she is in a different province)?

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lolrofl said:
Hello,

I received my OINP invitation yesterday and am planning to apply for it. I just have one question, my sister is currently residing in Alberta. Would mentioning her as my Canadian connection have any negative impacts on my application (since she is in a different province)?
I would refrain from doing so unless my relative is in ontario. The officer might think that you will try and move closer to your relative in alberta thereby your intent to reside in ontario can be in doubt.

profnevz

Jun 9, 2015
Hey,

I too have received letter of interest. They have asked me to provide Relatives documents however i do not have any relatives residing in Canada. Will my friends documents suffice instead of relatives? Please suggest.

harwinder67

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
28-07-2015
profnevz said:
Hey,

I too have received letter of interest. They have asked me to provide Relatives documents however i do not have any relatives residing in Canada. Will my friends documents suffice instead of relatives? Please suggest.
Please read the details in the form. Friends, unfortunately, don't count.

However, in life, I would rate friends much higher than relatives. :)

lolrofl

May 5, 2013
StAnger said:
I would refrain from doing so unless my relative is in ontario. The officer might think that you will try and move closer to your relative in alberta thereby your intent to reside in ontario can be in doubt.
That is exactly what my sister suggested.

Now that I look at the application form, it says connection in Ontario and not connection in Canada, so I guess I shouldn't mention her there.

Thank you!