+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP : Questions about invitation

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I want some clarification on OINP (Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program) from experts/experienced guys.
I have a valid EE profile created in March 2015 with score of 417.
I understand that for OINP, you get invitation to apply (for scores above 400) and then only you can proceed to submit application. However, there is some clause about profile creation date i.e. profile should be created only after some date then only it is considered.

Can someone advice,
1. What is that threshold date?
2. Anything can be done for such profiles which are created prior to threshold date and want to apply?
3. Is the program still open?

And any other help for people who has applied will be appreciated.

Thanks.

One_Topsy

Champion Member
Sep 12, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-11-2015
You can withdraw your EE application and recreate your profile.

Some people have gotten Ontario to invite them that way.

It's still open for now

mits0829

Star Member
Jun 3, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, hmm that is one possibility. thanks.

Is there anybody who has recently received PT from OINP and when was the profile created?

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
Hi,

I received PT for OINP in November 2015 but couldn't apply for it. My CRS score was 441 in FSW category and I received PT as soon as I entered the EE pool of candidates. I am also wondering whether they will be sending PT again once they process all the PNP applications pending from 2015. An agent told me that if the applicant does not respond to the first PT, Ontario won't send it again. He said that OINP identify candidates based on the passport number, not the CIC application number. Hence he advised me to apply for a new passport and submit a new application on CIC. I tried to contact OINP for clarification but they did not respond. Since I am working abroad, I cannot take the risk of changing my passport. However, I withdrew my application and submitted a new one recently in CIC.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
sreeraj115@gmail.com said:
Hi,

I received PT for OINP in November 2015 but couldn't apply for it. My CRS score was 441 in FSW category and I received PT as soon as I entered the EE pool of candidates. I am also wondering whether they will be sending PT again once they process all the PNP applications pending from 2015. An agent told me that if the applicant does not respond to the first PT, Ontario won't send it again. He said that OINP identify candidates based on the passport number, not the CIC application number. Hence he advised me to apply for a new passport and submit a new application on CIC. I tried to contact OINP for clarification but they did not respond. Since I am working abroad, I cannot take the risk of changing my passport. However, I withdrew my application and submitted a new one recently in CIC.
No, you do not have to apply for a new passport, the agent has not given you the correct information. Many people got PT again (on the same passport number) when they recreated their profile. Since you have already recreated your profile, you can wait to receive PT from OINP when they reopen in November 2016.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
He said that OINP identify candidates based on the passport number, not the CIC application number.
What kind of crock is this from this agent, there have been members who simply recreated their profile and got the PT NOI from Ontario 2x when they needed more time to gather the requirements for OINP. Pretty sure they used the same passports too.

I also got my PT NOI by ignoring my agent's advice to not withdraw my pre-June 1 profile, so that just goes to show how much some agents really know about OINP's practices.

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
Thank you guys for the response. I was also suspicious about this guy and that is why I asked about this in the forum. I was doing the whole immigration procedure myself and met this agent on LinkedIn from a reputed agency. May be he just wanted to kill my confidence so that I will approach his agency for completing the process. This forum has been really helpful to me since I started my journey towards Canada immigration. Way to go guys.

Regards,
Sreeraj

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
Hi Guys,

It finally got confirmed from OINP. Please find their reply below.

******************************************************************************************************************************
You are not obligated to accept the invitation from Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP). There is no "blacklist" if you do not accept an invitation. If you do not accept the invitation but decide in the future you are interested in pursuing in our program, you will need to register again in the portal next year.

However, the OINP posted important news on May 9, 2016 about a temporary pause on intake of applications for select, high-volume streams. For more information, please visit: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

For questions and answers about this temporary pause, please visit: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPINTAKE.html#display

Should you have any additional inquiries, please contact them directly at Ontario Immigrant Nominee program at 416-327-0374 or toll-free at 1-866-214-6820 or via email at ExpressEntry@ontario.ca

I hope this has been of some assistance to you.
OntarioImmigration.ca

******************************************************************************************************************************

Regards,
Sreeraj

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
sreeraj115@gmail.com said:
Hi,

If I would have been at your place i would have punched the agent :p

Regardless of passport, OINP sends out PT to EE Profiles having crs + 400/400

sreeraj115@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2015
I wish I could Karandeep. But I met him online and he is a friend of my professor from college. It was my professor who recommended to consult him. I would have sent him a very nice mail, but insulting him will mean insulting my teacher. So, peace be upon him. ;D