+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Question

manikmonday

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Hi,
I created an EE profile on Oct 13th 2015 and got an interest from Ontario on Oct 16th. My CRS score is 427. The lowest cutoff CRS score till date for CIC has been 450. Would it be a sound strategy to wait for a couple more draws before making a call about the OINP and check if the CIC cutoff would dip lower ?
The $1500 CAD fees for OINP being non-refundable and no surety of getting the nomination even after the processing fees payment is making this decision dicey.

Appreciate any suggestions/ opinions.

Thanks

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manikmonday said:
Hi,
I created an EE profile on Oct 13th 2015 and got an interest from Ontario on Oct 16th. My CRS score is 427. The lowest cutoff CRS score till date for CIC has been 450. Would it be a sound strategy to wait for a couple more draws before making a call about the OINP and check if the CIC cutoff would dip lower ?
The $1500 CAD fees for OINP being non-refundable and no surety of getting the nomination even after the processing fees payment is making this decision dicey.

Thanks
it's wise for you to move forward with OINP (a-tleast as a back-up). There is no surety that the score will slide down and that too from 450 to your score. Even if it slides every draw, it would take a minimum of 10 to 12 draws to reach your score. There are few hundreds of ppl per every point below 450. This is just my opinion.

polcoin

Star Member
Oct 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2016
AOR Received.
09-02-2016
Med's Request
11-02-2015-Pass
Med's Done....
21-01-2016
Passport Req..
07-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
17-06-2016
I am at 453. Entered in 7th Oct. Got Ontario interest the next day. But I am waiting for the next draw to happen.. as I am 450+. For you the best bet is to wait for one draw to happen and if it is still above 450.. Apply for PNP. The $1500 is worth it. I will also apply for PNP based on the next draws outcome.

himohan_u

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hyderabad - India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please continue to apply for OONP as this can serve 2 purposes.

1. Backup if CIC does not lower the score below 450.
2. You will collect almost all the documents that CIC would be asking you when you get a ITA.

So you need not start from scratch. Personally for me, it was like a exercise and it was like a test bed to learn and understand how to file documents. The $1500 is sure a thing to be considered. But if you look at the excel sheet for OONP, there are only very few or nil applications which are declined. If they are returned as they are incomplete, then you get the $1500 back.

So I would say give it a try. Do not take even the slightest chance with CIC as no one can expect their next move.

reet10

Star Member
Apr 25, 2014
Hi All,

My score is 438. And I' m in the same position. I got invite letter from Ontario. My file is already ready which I prepared for last year FSWP.
But I'm in a fix whether to apply or not. Cause I don't have any ties to Ontario. And In the clause 3.5 INTENTION TO RESIDE IN ONTARIO mentioned in Application Guide for Ontario Human capital Priorities Stream. They have stated that:
You are required to declare your intention to reside in Ontario in Section F of the Nominee Application Form. You must provide a statement of intent stating your reasons to settle in Ontario and your ties to Ontario.
You may also provide evidence of your ties to Ontario.

Now I have nobody in my friends or family in Ontario. Please suggest how to demonstrate these ties, if I don't share anything pertaining to this, would they reject my profile. Please suggest. I have blood relatives in BC, and same was mentioned in EE profile. Nothing about Ontario ties.
I got no clue what to do as fees is non-refundable and they would have solid point to reject the application based on Intention to reside. I'm curious why they selected my profile, when i havent stated any ties with Ontario?

Kind Regards

CWilson

Star Member
May 5, 2015
reet10 said:
Hi All,

My score is 438. And I' m in the same position. I got invite letter from Ontario. My file is already ready which I prepared for last year FSWP.
But I'm in a fix whether to apply or not. Cause I don't have any ties to Ontario. And In the clause 3.5 INTENTION TO RESIDE IN ONTARIO mentioned in Application Guide for Ontario Human capital Priorities Stream. They have stated that:
You are required to declare your intention to reside in Ontario in Section F of the Nominee Application Form. You must provide a statement of intent stating your reasons to settle in Ontario and your ties to Ontario.

Now I have nobody in my friends or family in Ontario. Please suggest how to demonstrate these ties, if I don't share anything pertaining to this, would they reject my profile. Please suggest. I have blood relatives in BC, and same was mentioned in EE profile. Nothing about Ontario ties.
I got no clue what to do as fees is non-refundable and they would have solid point to reject the application based on Intention to reside. I'm curious why they selected my profile, when i havent stated any ties with Ontario?

Kind Regards
They will of picked you profile because you ticked the box to say you would settle in Ontario or any province.

People have got a nomination without having any ties. They've just stated they wanted to live there. It helps if you've got a record of doing job searches in Ontario. Also helps if you've been to Ontario before. Say where you'd want to live, where are jobs in your field. At least it will seem like you've done some proper research on Ontario specifically.

However, if you have relatives in BC it might make them doubt you would settle in Ontario. Do you have lots of relatives in BC? Do you see them regularly? Have you spent much time in BC?

With a score of 438 you're unlikely to get ITA without a nomination any time soon, based on previous draws they seem to of capped it at 450 and there are a huge amount of people between 450 and 438 who would get ITA before you if the score did drop.

I would certainly get the documents together, as others have said it will help you in the long term anyway, then you can make the decision as long as you get the application there in the 45 days. If it were me I'd go for it and write a really good letter saying why you want to settle in Ontario. If might be worth also trying to distance your ties to BC, although I'm not sure about this as it might seem suspicious or draw attention to those ties.

sunichak

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I didn't have any ties in Ontario. I gave an letter of intent stating my intention to stay and settle down in Ontario. I got nomination and i accepted it :)
This is FYI

himohan_u

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hyderabad - India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
reet10 said:
Hi All,

Kind Regards
Hello reet,

Not everyone will have ties to Ontario. So just write up a decent letter which shows that you are willing to stay in Ontario. Make sure to explain on how would like to settle in Ontario. You could mention about your job searches in Ontarios, the companies for which you could apply etc.

Just remember - It is not a compulsion that you need to have ties with Ontario. Many have received nomination without mentioning any contacts in Ontario.

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manikmonday said:
Hi,

Thanks
I hope you must have seen the results of 19th draw and the cut-off is 489. This is exactly what I was trying to tell you yesterday. I would strongly suggest you to move forward with the Ontario. There are a lot of ppl desperately waiting out there to be invited by Ontario. CIC is not in a hurry to come down below 450, atleast until end of this year and hence it makes more sense to get some provincial nomination and move forward

t3kids

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
:eek: Oh my! You guys untick Ontario if you really don`t want to live here. You are taking up valuable opportunity for people like me who live in Ontario and want to remain here. I have been waiting for Ontario to pick me since JUne.

snorden88

Oct 15, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2016
AOR Received.
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
22-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-11-2016
LANDED..........
--/03/2017
sunichak said:
I didn't have any ties in Ontario. I gave an letter of intent stating my intention to stay and settle down in Ontario. I got nomination and i accepted it :)
This is FYI
Sunichak when do you pay the OINP fee?
And congratulations..

Well, i am stuck at 441 and i do have the Ontario PT which i did not yet made use of.
Should i go for it ?

shashidhar_sm

May 21, 2015
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
07-07-2017
snorden88 said:
Sunichak when do you pay the OINP fee?
And congratulations..

Well, i am stuck at 441 and i do have the Ontario PT which i did not yet made use of.
Should i go for it ?
A week ago, I would have suggested that you wait for the draw, but with the cutoff going north, I strongly advise that you apply for OINP.

Good luck!

mex88

Star Member
Sep 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello good people!

Got a letter of interest from Ontario today! gathering my documents to send and i have a few questions please:

1. they mentioned in the email that I need to contact Ontario after receiving the letter, how can I write to them or email them to say I want to accept their offer?

2. for proof of funds will a a deed of gift from my parents with a letter of instructions to the bank instructing them to transfer a certain amount to my bank suffice?

3. how do we write a letter of intent to reside in On?

thank you so much

rajanvnv

Champion Member
Jun 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mex88 said:
Hello good people!

Got a letter of interest from Ontario today! gathering my documents to send and i have a few questions please:

1. they mentioned in the email that I need to contact Ontario after receiving the letter, how can I write to them or email them to say I want to accept their offer?

2. for proof of funds will a a deed of gift from my parents with a letter of instructions to the bank instructing them to transfer a certain amount to my bank suffice?

3. how do we write a letter of intent to reside in On?

thank you so much
1. You don't need to contact them. Just go through the application guide http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/prodconsum/groups/csc/@oipp/documents/document/oi_en_hcps.pdf
and start preparing the documents.

2. Regarding gift deeds, please go thru the following link:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/a-complete-way-to-nail-source-of-fund-dilemma-t349224.0.html

3. You can think of the existing tie-ups that you have with Ontario. If you dont' have, try to create some and put them in a document
For instance, if your current or previous employers have any base in Ontario , then you can mention that you are professionally trying to connect up with your colleagues and spreading your network to see if you can settle down faster.
Any visits you hv done/ any relatives
Mention all those points that shows your keen interest/willingness to seriously to go down and settle in Ontario.
Many forumites don't absolutely have any form of connection Ontario and managed to get nomination. Am sure you can also do it. Good Luck !

manikmonday

Star Member
Oct 21, 2015
Thank you folks!
OINP is the best bet at this juncture.

Another question is:
I stayed in the US for a few years. I get that I have to obtain a PCC from FBI due to > 6 month stay in the US. Point is I am travelling to the US for a couple of weeks in Nov. I had earlier planned to submit an application to FBI for procuring the PCC when I will be there in Nov. But does the PCC have to be requested after I leave US soil so as to get the most recent record regarding me. Also I might go back to the US for a few weeks in Feb 2016 - March 2016. I have heard that FBI takes about 3 months to provide the PCC. So would it be a good idea to request for the PCC now or say after March 2016 ?

Assuming OINP processing takes 3 months. So result will be out by Feb 2016. If positive, that would mean an ITA nomination in subsequent draw by early March (latest). With 2 months to provide relevant documentation, this would be cutting it close to obtain the PCC.

Appreciate any insights here.