+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Question around AOR and expired Bank Draft

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Friends,

I received the AOR mail last week, with the message - "Thank you very much for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. Your application was received in our office and it has been deemed complete.

However, it has come to our attention that the original bank draft (number: 012288 in the amount of CDN $1,500) attached to your application for fee payment is out of date. As a result, we are unable to process your payment.

Please note that the processing of your application will be on hold until payment is received."

1> When they say that my application has been "deemed complete" does it mean that the investigations are done? Or is it only a cursory check that was done pending detailed investigation?

2> Since its been over 6 months from the date of sending my Bank draft and package; the draft has expired and I need to resend a new draft. Is this also an indication that the investigation or processing of my application is yet to begin, since the draft is not encashed?

3> Any advise on the approximate timelines from here onwards for my application?

Thanks for your time

regards
Krishna

istari

Champion Member
Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
akprasad1 said:
Friends,

I received the AOR mail last week, with the message - "Thank you very much for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program. Your application was received in our office and it has been deemed complete.

However, it has come to our attention that the original bank draft (number: 012288 in the amount of CDN $1,500) attached to your application for fee payment is out of date. As a result, we are unable to process your payment.

Please note that the processing of your application will be on hold until payment is received."

1> When they say that my application has been "deemed complete" does it mean that the investigations are done? Or is it only a cursory check that was done pending detailed investigation?
The investigation hasn't really begun. This just means that you have submitted all the required documents.

2> Since its been over 6 months from the date of sending my Bank draft and package; the draft has expired and I need to resend a new draft. Is this also an indication that the investigation or processing of my application is yet to begin, since the draft is not encashed?
Correct.

3> Any advise on the approximate timelines from here onwards for my application?
I'm not sure about this.
But having quickly glanced through the OINP Application sent in November 2015 thread, it seems that there are people who received AOR from OINP in March and are still waiting for their nomination. So you're probably looking at another 5+ months.

Thanks for your time

regards
Krishna

akprasad1

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
I am still waiting for the expired Bank Draft to be sent back the OINP folks. So that I can produce that to the Bank and get a new draft made. Since its been 3 weeks already and since I haven't received any responses back from OINP for my reminders, in the interest of time, I am planning to send out a new Draft to OINP; instead of waiting for them to send back the expired Draft across.

I understand that besides this being a financial drain on me for having the amount debited twice from me, the primary risk is of the OINP courier with the Draft getting lost in transit.

Any advise from anyone in this regard would be of great help.

Thanks!