+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Profile Name Change, is it available? WORRY!!

xuebowen021

Jan 19, 2017
Hi Everyone, I got my confirmation number on May 1st, but when I start to fill the application, I found that I make a mistake for my name. My first name is Bowen and Last name is Xue, but I write my last name Xue in the first name column, and first name Bowen in the last name column. Could I send a request to OINP to correct the name? How long it should update to the correct name in my profile? Will it not affect my application or I need to wait the correct name update and submit my application? Thank you!

Mr Man

Apr 12, 2017
do go ahead . I made same mistake in my year of birth. even though I sent the change of info form along the application with a scan of the form in "other document". I sent to the email provided and I was sent a response to through email for acknowledgment. guess what? this had been corrected the next day.

xuebowen021

Jan 19, 2017
Mr Man said:
do go ahead . I made same mistake in my year of birth. even though I sent the change of info form along the application with a scan of the form in "other document". I sent to the email provided and I was sent a response to through email for acknowledgment. guess what? this had been corrected the next day.
do you mean just submit the application as usual but attached the change of personal information in the other document? and then send an email to OINP? Thank you!