OINP Personal Work History

TLOU

Dec 21, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-02-2017
@TLOU : How did this go for you, did you have to provide docs for companies A&B later and were you nominated? I am in the same boat and not sure whether to include or exclude companies without reference letters from my Work History and Resume.
Everything went well. I didn't have to provide additional docs.

Reactions: kashifsami

mvneema10

Oct 21, 2019
Hi guys I submitted the oinp application on 12th Nov. For the work history, I only added work experience related to the NOC code. Will that be an issue. Kind of nervous.

pooved

Dec 23, 2022
By EE, I meant my Express Entry profile. I did not add those 1.5 years in my Express Entry profile because I did not want to get points for that. I just though it might cause issues later on for FSW as I am only claiming points for 1 year work experience.

Company A: 6 months (Can't get proper reference letter)
Company B: 1 year (Can't get proper reference letter)
Company C: 10 months (Acquired proper reference letter)
Company D: Current since November 2015 (Acquired proper reference letter)

I am only using Company C & D as my work experience. However I added all of my work experience(Company A, B, C, D) in the Personal and Work History in the OINP application form. At this point, I wrote a Letter of Explanation to say that I am not claiming those 1.5 years from Company A & B. But still, I only showed 1 year work experience in my Express Entry profile (Company C & D only).

My work experience summary in different places so far:

Express Entry profile: Company C & D
OINP Application form: Company A, B, C & D

I think it might be better to have less points than claiming more points in Express Entry that cannot be proven with proper reference letters. My worry previously was whether it might be an issue, given that I didn't show all of my work experience in Express Entry. But I took CanadaWeCome's advice to add everything in my OINP Personal and Work History and then send a Letter of Explanation that I am not claiming points for Company A & B.

Hi , I have similar situation. did you add company A, B and provided all the necessary document for them in OINP? and where can i find persona history in Oinp application, is it "other activities"? little confused as other activities says to exclude education and paid work.

ravikumar390

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
After completing one year of work experience in Canada, I utilized my one-month paid vacation to travel to India. Subsequently, I continued working remotely from India for an additional four months without any breaks in my employment. Given this situation, should I include my trip to India under the category of "Other Activities"? I would appreciate your suggestion.

Other Activities (excluding education and paid work)
Do you have any other activities, excluding education and paid work history, in the last ten years (or since the age of 18, if this was less than ten years ago)?