+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP/ Ontario PNP sent in Jan 2016, Lets connect Here

Moh.Salem

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
adeelakram5 said:
Hi Everyone!

I had a very detailed call last night with my case handler law firm and possibility that FSW outland candidates stand a chance of nominations this year seems really bleak. They further added to the fact that there is movement especially for CEC inlanders and there are cases where the body has contacted candidates for additional documents but nothing material in terms of nominations.

Its not about quota, its sheer slowness
this does not seem logical..why now slow for FSW when they were going super fast two weeks ago..it is related to the division of the remaining quota for sure..they still have places within the current quota however, they decided to dedicate it to CEC candidates..if they decide to finish up on CECs first then yes we are postponed to early 2017 or hopefully till they get their new quota before the end of November.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Law firms are equally ignorant as we are. This is all speculations going on since long and suddenly we see nominations flooding in btween.i am sure they will nominate all applicants whether CEC OR FSW.

Please do not panic and wait and watch nominations comming

DigitalDestiny

Nov 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Moh.Salem said:
this does not seem logical..why now slow for FSW when they were going super fast two weeks ago..it is related to the division of the remaining quota for sure..they still have places within the current quota however, they decided to dedicate it to CEC candidates..if they decide to finish up on CECs first then yes we are postponed to early 2017 or hopefully till they get their new quota before the end of November.
@Moh.Salem quota never was a problem. OINP had 5400 nominations for 2016. They issued File# upto 16XX6000 (keeping 10% margin for rejections, withdrawals, direct ITAs). Everybody who has a 16XXXXX file# is in 2016 quota and OINP has a nomination available for that person.

Moh.Salem

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
DigitalDestiny said:
@Moh.Salem quota never was a problem. OINP had 5400 nominations for 2016. They issued File# upto 16XX6000 (keeping 10% margin for rejections, withdrawals, direct ITAs). Everybody who has a 16XXXXX file# is in 2016 quota and OINP has a nomination available for that person.
well then a few slowdowns won't hurt anyone.. i mean who would wanna land in winter!! :D

p88

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

I am just re-mentioning about the question I posted at Page 333. Can anyone let me know, what needs to be done. ? I am confused what should I do. I heard that if I apply for work permit extension online, I will get rejected. While paper based work permit application takes 100+ days. ONIP is asking me to give ""status and evidence of applying for a work permit""

Please see this below that I posted before:

""""Hello Seniors,

I have a question to ask. If I apply for my BOWP now via online, is it a good idea to do it? I have been asked by ONIP via email to show the evidence weather I applied for the work permit extension or not. Because as per the CIC website it states that candidate have to apply for the work permit extension within 4 months of the expiry date.

Please advise. Thank you in advance.""""

amriash

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Kitchener
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-02-2016
Nomination.....
16-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Med's Done....
11-12-2016
Hi, I am giving a try to answer your question.
As per my knowledge BOWP can be applied only if you have ITA/AOR and your work permit expiring in 1-3 months from now or expired already.

I am not sure if you have got AOR for your permanent residency. If you have got then, yes you may apply BOWP.

p88 said:
Hello,

I am just re-mentioning about the question I posted at Page 333. Can anyone let me know, what needs to be done. ? I am confused what should I do. I heard that if I apply for work permit extension online, I will get rejected. While paper based work permit application takes 100+ days. ONIP is asking me to give ""status and evidence of applying for a work permit""

Please see this below that I posted before:

""""Hello Seniors,

I have a question to ask. If I apply for my BOWP now via online, is it a good idea to do it? I have been asked by ONIP via email to show the evidence weather I applied for the work permit extension or not. Because as per the CIC website it states that candidate have to apply for the work permit extension within 4 months of the expiry date.

Please advise. Thank you in advance.""""

p88

Jul 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amriash said:
Hi, I am giving a try to answer your question.
As per my knowledge BOWP can be applied only if you have ITA/AOR and your work permit expiring in 1-3 months from now or expired already.

I am not sure if you have got AOR for your permanent residency. If you have got then, yes you may apply BOWP.

Hi @amrish,

Thank you for your reply. I am currently on open work permit expiring on Jan 30, 2017. I haven't received ITA/AOR. So far only document request and they are asking this sentence below:

"An update and evidence of applying for a work permit, given the expiry of your work permit on January 30, 2017"

What does it mean from this sentence?
What supporting documents should I send to ONIP?
I am confused, is ONIP is asking for work permit or BOWP?

Canbraz

Jan 27, 2015
Brazil
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
07-11-2016
AOR Received.
07-12-2016
elle03 said:
Congatulations! Are you cec or fsw?
Thanks
I am a CEC

ozone4oz

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Jan, 2016
Doc's Request.
15th Nov 2016
Nomination.....
23rd Dec 2016
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2017
Med's Done....
19th Jan 2017
SSSahaj said:
Finally - Nomination on 7th November :D
Best of luck to all fellow members waiting for their nominations.
Congratulation

ozone4oz

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Jan, 2016
Doc's Request.
15th Nov 2016
Nomination.....
23rd Dec 2016
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2017
Med's Done....
19th Jan 2017
TicTocCroc said:
My nomination just came through. I am shaking so much I can barely type this!

Accepted and points added straight away.

I can't describe how I feel just now.

Praying that the rest of you get processed quickly.
Congratulations

ozone4oz

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Jan, 2016
Doc's Request.
15th Nov 2016
Nomination.....
23rd Dec 2016
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2017
Med's Done....
19th Jan 2017
sid.r said:
Hi Guys,

Just accepted my nomination from OINP. This past Saturday I received decision phase email and got my nomination today. I had followed up via fax about two weeks ago.

Thank you, everyone! Appreciate your help. :D
congratulation

ozone4oz

Aug 4, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25th Jan, 2016
Doc's Request.
15th Nov 2016
Nomination.....
23rd Dec 2016
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2017
Med's Done....
19th Jan 2017
bestofluck said:
Law firms are equally ignorant as we are. This is all speculations going on since long and suddenly we see nominations flooding in btween.i am sure they will nominate all applicants whether CEC OR FSW.

Please do not panic and wait and watch nominations comming
When we are eagerly waiting for something, a lot of things goes through the mind and it always brings fear, anxiety, worries.
Lets keep on with our lives, while OINP sort us out. Sure its slow frustrating process, but worries will not leave us any better.

Best of God's favour guys

figaro2

Jan 12, 2016
Argentina
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Mexico
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
Doc's Request.
15-01-2017
Nomination.....
08-02-2017
AOR Received.
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
20-07-2017
Passport Req..
3 nov 2017
LANDED..........
31 01 2018
Le t s wait and see.. i think all of us are stressing for this.. it took so long for an aor and it s going to take longer for nomination. . Then ita then the procedure.... so lets chillout.. there nothing we can do.. maybe once there we can have a party ... hahaha

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adeelakram5 said:
Hi Everyone!

I had a very detailed call last night with my case handler law firm and possibility that FSW outland candidates stand a chance of nominations this year seems really bleak. They further added to the fact that there is movement especially for CEC inlanders and there are cases where the body has contacted candidates for additional documents but nothing material in terms of nominations.

Its not about quota, its sheer slowness of the process.

Just wanted to share on the forum to get second thoughts from you guys and to identify what can be the potential way forward? What different can we do here to maybe bypass the process?

In my case, my entire life is on hold for the last one year till further notice. I can't leave my current employer as this will possibly result my departure from UAE.

Keeping hopes alive but its tough to be true.
not sure why life has to be put on hold for a month... there are so many other things to life than a stupid nomination...

awais174

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Since we know that ON PNP does not work during December and January, which means that FSW applicants will be entertained in February 2017.

Experts please share your opinion about this.