+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program or Express entry

deepakcanada2

May 17, 2016
Hi There,

I am on 3 years work permit until July 2019. I finished 2 one year's postgraduate certificate program from Toronto.
Before it, I have a graduate degree and 4 years of experience from back home. My IELTS (General) score was 6 which I gave one and a half year before.

Furthermore, I have been doing NOC- B job since Aug 2016.

Could you please advise me, which way should be best for me to apply for PR. OINP - Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program or Express entry (Federal skilled workers)?

Or can I apply for both simultaneously?

Thanks in advance.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can apply both.
I guess the PNP programm you mention is the Master graduates programm which is closed at the moment. So you can make your EE and also wait for Ontario to reopen that programm.
As for your score from IELTS, what you mention is rather low score (check if you pass at least CBL 7 in all your skills). So as such it will only give you small amount of points. So as a result your EE profile will not be high enough to achieve direct ITA.

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
deepakcanada2 said:
Hi There,

I am on 3 years work permit until July 2019. I finished 2 one year's postgraduate certificate program from Toronto.
Before it, I have a graduate degree and 4 years of experience from back home. My IELTS (General) score was 6 which I gave one and a half year before.

Furthermore, I have been doing NOC- B job since Aug 2016.

Could you please advise me, which way should be best for me to apply for PR. OINP - Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program or Express entry (Federal skilled workers)?

Or can I apply for both simultaneously?

Thanks in advance.
If you get 10 on all of them, you can get 500 points easy, work on your english.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thepilot said:
If you get 10 on all of them, you can get 500 points easy, work on your english.
Defintetly not. From what he has written it is not even clear if there is at least 1 year of work experience there. (he was only mentioning B class job since August 2016).
On the top, he did not mention what type of studies did he finish exactly (his statement is not clear there). (not all studies in Canada does give you additional points).

From the level of English that is used there, I doubt that he can reach CBL9 at the moment.

thepilot

Nov 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
VO Mexico
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2011
Med's Request
01-07-2016
Med's Done....
10-07-2016
Passport Req..
21-04-2017
vensak said:
Defintetly not. From what he has written it is not even clear if there is at least 1 year of work experience there. (he was only mentioning B class job since August 2016).
On the top, he did not mention what type of studies did he finish exactly (his statement is not clear there). (not all studies in Canada does give you additional points).

From the level of English that is used there, I doubt that he can reach CBL9 at the moment.
IIRC and it probably sounds stupid but Canadian work experience and foreign work experience are both capped to 50 points which is why he may with a 4 years degree.
Meaning that even with zero Canadian work experience he can still apply through FSW

aircanada

May 27, 2014
thepilot said:
If he maxes on English he'll be getting 489 points at most as of now, assuming he is still in his 20s. So no.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp