OINP Official Update for 2016 Intake

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
H/T to the thread from the Express Entry forum

Source on OINP website: http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPNEW.html

May 9, 2016

IMPORTANT NOTIFICATION

As a result of changes Ontario has made to more closely align the streams of the program with the needs of its labour market, the province has already received the sufficient number of OINP applications to meet its 2016 federal allocation. This is further proof that Ontario remains a very sought after destination for highly-skilled workers.

Following the lead of other jurisdictions, Ontario has made the responsible decision to place a temporary pause on the intake of applications for select, high-volume OINP streams. Other provinces have also done this in the past after fully maximizing their allotments. It’s important to note that lower-volume streams of the OINP and other options continue to be available.

• Ontario stopped sending Notifications of Interest (NOIs) for the OINP Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry) stream effective February 16, 2016.
  • Ontario temporarily paused the intake of new applications for the following select, high-volume OINP streams effective 5 p.m. EDT on May 9, 2016:
  • Employer Pre-screen
  • International Student – Masters Graduate stream
  • International Student – PhD Graduate stream
  • All applications for the Employer Pre-screen and International Students (Masters Graduate and PhD Graduate) streams sent after 5 p.m. EDT on May 9, 2016 will not be processed and will be returned to the applicant along with the unprocessed payment.
  • The OINP will continue to accept applications from Foreign Worker and International Student with a Job Offer applicants as Employer Pre-screen applications are assessed. Only those Foreign Worker and International Student with a Job Offer applicants whose job offer has been approved through the Employer Pre-screen application process may apply to the OINP. These applicants will have 60 days from the date of the Employer Pre-screen approval letter to apply to either of these streams.
  • The OINP continues to accept and process applications for the French-Speaking Skilled Worker stream and the Corporate stream. The OINP also continues to accept Expressions of Interest for the Entrepreneur stream.
  • Ontario remains a top destination for workers and their families from all over the world.
  • Ontario anticipates that it will receive its 2017 nomination allocation from the federal government before the end of November 2016, and the province expects to be in a position to accept applications for some streams in six months.
  • Given the positive effect of the program on Ontario’s economy, the province continues to engage the federal government on nominee numbers.

maks

May 9, 2016
Hi

I am working in Toronto for last 1.5 yrs. My express entry profile status is open, which I submitted 2 days ago. Do I stand a chance to get the invitation based on PNP? I have 438 points.

Thanks in advance.

SK

HoPe90

Nov 19, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
IN LAND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/01/2016
Doc's Request.
22/11/2016
Nomination.....
06/12/2016
AOR Received.
19/07/2016
@ Maks, as stated above they have placed a temporary pause on sending out notifications of interest.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
maks said:
Hi

I am working in Toronto for last 1.5 yrs. My express entry profile status is open, which I submitted 2 days ago. Do I stand a chance to get the invitation based on PNP? I have 438 points.

Thanks in advance.

SK
Only if you are fluent in French, if you read the post above yours.

Pawshi

Apr 2, 2016
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 2016
Since, they will re open in November 2016, it is a long wait for all those who are EE but could not start the PNP process as waiting for the PT invite. Many will change the plans in the next six months. Also, points will decrease with the passage of time as for many profiles DOB will deduct 5 points. For me, it will come down from 421 to 416. Not a good story overall for all those who are waiting.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
H/T Stanlee on the EE forum

More information from OINP:

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNPINTAKE.html#display

For example, the number of 2015 applications grew by 124 per cent over 2014. In January 2016 alone, the OINP received over 1,800 applications.
1,800 in one month is more than half of their entire 2016 quota for Express Entry (2,700). :eek:

They are also still sending NOIs to French speakers with TEF and English results.

phatdolfin82

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@bellaluna, thanks for Add Info Link.

Their website states: "The OINP will continue to process applications already received."
I submitted in December 2015, should I take this to mean the Pause won't affect me?

ssingh1990

May 10, 2016
Hi,

I sent my employer sent the prescreen application form on May 6,2016 and OINP received it on May 9,2016 morning but now when I was checking the application form they did not "N/A" on Organization ID as they were applying for first time so the leave it empty. Now on their website they mentioned if we will not put "N/A" in required then they will consider the application incomplete and will return it. Do you guys any idea what should I do?

ajsingh

Star Member
Aug 26, 2013
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney (Nova Scotia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-12-2016
AOR Received.
02-03-2017
Hi,

I have submitted my application for OINP Masters Stream on 16th march, 2016.

Will this effect me?

Thanks in advance.

upatel

Sep 12, 2013
Hello,

I have submitted my application on MAY 9 2016 AT 7 AM EDT.
As they mentioned on the article that they will not processed any application that was submitted after MAY 9 2016 AFTER 5 PM EDT.

Will I consider my application will process or not?

One more thing that they specifically mentioned about high skilled workers. what is low volume streams?
is low skilled workers consider as low volume streams?

Looking forward that someone can provide their input on my above queries.

Many Thanks in Advance,
Upatel

garry91

Mar 9, 2016
hi,
my OINP file was received in the office on Jan/11/2016. I haven't received my AOR please let me know is somebody else is in same situation because my work permit is expiring next month

zainbounty

Feb 9, 2013
garry91 said:
hi,
my OINP file was received in the office on Jan/11/2016. I haven't received my AOR please let me know is somebody else is in same situation because my work permit is expiring next month
Read the FAQ. It says they will prioritize applications for people whose visas are about to expire.