+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Masters Graduate stream - Residency in Ontario requirements in case of online study

sajmad

Apr 25, 2021
For students that have recently completed at least 1 year of Study from any Ontario based University ( BUT have done it online i.e. from outside Canada - permitted by Immigration Canada) . Are such students also eligible to apply for OINP . Will the requirement for 1 year Residency in Ontario in past 2 years be waived in such case or compensated ?

The website says :
Residency in Ontario
You must have legally lived in Ontario for at least one year in the past two years before you apply.

Note that your one year of residency can be cumulative. This means that there can be gaps provided that all the periods of residency in Ontario add up to 12 months within the past two years before you apply.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-masters-graduate-stream#section-6

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
For students that have recently completed at least 1 year of Study from any Ontario based University ( BUT have done it online i.e. from outside Canada - permitted by Immigration Canada) . Are such students also eligible to apply for OINP . Will the requirement for 1 year Residency in Ontario in past 2 years be waived in such case or compensated ?

The website says :
Residency in Ontario
You must have legally lived in Ontario for at least one year in the past two years before you apply.

Note that your one year of residency can be cumulative. This means that there can be gaps provided that all the periods of residency in Ontario add up to 12 months within the past two years before you apply.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-masters-graduate-stream#section-6
So far Ontario has not announced any waivers or exceptions.

I would keep watching their site for updates.

Reactions: sajmad