+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Masters Graduate stream - Job change

Sachsiye

Jul 17, 2019
I have received an ITA under OINP master graduate stream, the points for which were calculated based on the EOI. I had 43 points, including 3 points for NOC code from my current job.

My question is can I leave this job and join another job, while the application is in process?

If yes, then do I have to inform OINP about the job change?

Thanks

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
I have received an ITA under OINP master graduate stream, the points for which were calculated based on the EOI. I had 43 points, including 3 points for NOC code from my current job.

My question is can I leave this job and join another job, while the application is in process?

Thanks
If you change your job it has to be same NOC else your application will be at risk. Its better to get approval before you change job. Which year did you complete school and how may years have you been working in that NOC?

Sachsiye

Jul 17, 2019
If you change your job it has to be same NOC else your application will be at risk. Its better to get approval before you change job. Which year did you complete school and how may years have you been working in that NOC?
Thanks!

Graduated in Dec 2020, started current job in Jan 2021, so about 8 months of experience in the NOC.

New job is also in the same NOC, however company is a US based start up and doesn't have a physical location of the office in Ontario due to COVID (they shut down old office in Toronto). The company is willing to provide me referral letter stating that I work remotely and they have operations (about 50 employees) working from Ontario and also they have Ontario Corporation number.

Does that help my case?

XpressGirl

Jun 9, 2021
Thanks!

Graduated in Dec 2020, started current job in Jan 2021, so about 8 months of experience in the NOC.

New job is also in the same NOC, however company is a US based start up and doesn't have a physical location of the office in Ontario due to COVID (they shut down old office in Toronto). The company is willing to provide me referral letter stating that I work remotely and they have operations (about 50 employees) working from Ontario and also they have Ontario Corporation number.

Does that help my case?
Should not be a problem if company is legit. Masters graduate strem does not necessarily require job it just gives points if you have job of 1 year or more

Okporoko

Jun 17, 2019

Thanks
"You do not need a job offer to apply under the Masters Graduate stream. You may change your employment however you will need to provide work experience reference letters for any employment you claimed points for in your expression of interest"

Pufeck

Aug 19, 2021
Do I still need to notify IRCC about job change if I have already got nominated and submitted non-EE application?

mzt18

Sep 21, 2021
Do I still need to notify IRCC about job change if I have already got nominated and submitted non-EE application?
Hi, could you please kindly advise after the nomination approval, how did you or plan to apply to IRCC?
It says on the nomination certificate to apply paper based to IRCC but I was heard that you could apply online from this year thus the reason for confusion.