+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP master stream PNP approved, How to extend work permit without AOR/LMIA?

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Hello all,

My fiancee has got her OINP master stream PNP approved and is applying for her PR now. Her PGWP is about to expire in 3 weeks, how can we apply for the extension of work permit?
There isnt enough time for us to wait for AOR/LMIA now as we are only left with 3 weeks of PGWP. Can we apply for work permit extension on the basis of OINP nomination ?

Should we get support letter R204c from ontario? if yes, how to apply for this support letter?

any other option to extend her stay in Canada for 4 months ?

Please help

Thank you.

aniii

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
OINP dose not issue support letters to Masters stream applicants. I would call CIC and ask about this. I would also try applying for an extension just with the PNP certificate and a letter of explanation that you applied for PR. So she can go on an implied status and hopefully by the time they make a decision she will have the AOR ( takes 3 months to get AOR) . Other alternative would be to extend her stay as a visitor.
This is just my opinion , you should check and make sure with CIC. Good luck

SecularFirst said:
Hello all,

My fiancee has got her OINP master stream PNP approved and is applying for her PR now. Her PGWP is about to expire in 3 weeks, how can we apply for the extension of work permit?
There isnt enough time for us to wait for AOR/LMIA now as we are only left with 3 weeks of PGWP. Can we apply for work permit extension on the basis of OINP nomination ?

Should we get support letter R204c from ontario? if yes, how to apply for this support letter?

any other option to extend her stay in Canada for 4 months ?

Please help

Thank you.

anton1990

Champion Member
Dec 22, 2015
North Battleford
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
14-04-2016
Nomination.....
21-04-2016
AOR Received.
11-07-2016
Med's Request
02-05-2017
Med's Done....
09-05-2017
Passport Req..
08-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-12-2017
LANDED..........
14-01-2018
aniii said:
OINP dose not issue support letters to Masters stream applicants. I would call CIC and ask about this. I would also try applying for an extension just with the PNP certificate and a letter of explanation that you applied for PR. So she can go on an implied status and hopefully by the time they make a decision she will have the AOR ( takes 3 months to get AOR) . Other alternative would be to extend her stay as a visitor.
This is just my opinion , you should check and make sure with CIC. Good luck
I think u are wrong. PGWP cannot be extended.
she should be able to get closed work permit once she gets AOR

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
Thank you so much for the response. I have two more questions.

1- if we apply for visitor status with sufficient funds 10 days before expiry of PGWP, would it be refused for any reason ? We want to apply for visitor visa first just to avoid going out of status and would need something to reenter canada after PGWP expiry.

2- if we get our visitor status approved a week before PGWP expiry, can we apply for paper BOWP before the day of PGWP expiry? (in the hope for updating it with PR AOR later during the processing time)?

Thanks