+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP- Master stream enquiry

harsimran2835

Jan 9, 2024
PLS ADVISE: I applied for OINP PNP for Masters last year in 2023 and have claimed points for physically attending school. However everything was conducted online due to covid so when They asked me to prove how i am claiming 8 points, i submit document where University cleared that classes were online due to covid restrictions. Now my file has been rejected as stating my points should be 38 and says i am not eligible to apply. Can u pls advise what to do next? How I am not eligible when classes have been conducted online cz of covid, we had no option to go for in-person.

THEIR WORDS ARE BELOW MENTIONED__
Based on the documentation you provided, you obtained a Master of Management degree from University of Windsor. For the EOI scoring factor:
Location of Study, you had claimed 8 points. You indicated that the location of study was in the Essex region.
• On --, an Information Request letter was issued to you. The letter requested for you to provide documentation to verify that you had physically attended classes at University of Windsor. In response, you provided a letter from University of Windsor that indicates that you completed your courses online due to covid-19 restrictions. Since you did not physically attend classes (in-person), you earned 0 points for the EOI scoring factor: Location of Study.

Therefore, you received a total EOI score of 38 points.
• Thus, it appears that you do not meet the Expression of Interest Qualifications criteria required under the Masters Graduates Stream.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
PLS ADVISE: I applied for OINP PNP for Masters last year in 2023 and have claimed points for physically attending school. However everything was conducted online due to covid so when They asked me to prove how i am claiming 8 points, i submit document where University cleared that classes were online due to covid restrictions. Now my file has been rejected as stating my points should be 38 and says i am not eligible to apply. Can u pls advise what to do next? How I am not eligible when classes have been conducted online cz of covid, we had no option to go for in-person.

Based on the documentation you provided, you obtained a Master of Management degree from University of Windsor. For the EOI scoring factor:
Location of Study, you had claimed 8 points. You indicated that the location of study was in the Essex region.
• On --, an Information Request letter was issued to you. The letter requested for you to provide documentation to verify that you had physically attended classes at University of Windsor. In response, you provided a letter from University of Windsor that indicates that you completed your courses online due to covid-19 restrictions. Since you did not physically attend classes (in-person), you earned 0 points for the EOI scoring factor: Location of Study.

• Thus, it appears that you do not meet the Expression of Interest Qualifications criteria required under the Masters Graduates Stream.
Your mode of attending classes was online and not physical as the letter mentioned.
You should have selected mode of teaching online and not physical.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Ravi.P

Apr 19, 2019

Were you actually staying in Windsor? Did you submit rent agreements?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Regional immigration: location of study (where you physically attended classes)
  • Northern Ontario – 10 points
  • Other areas outside GTA (except Northern Ontario) – 8 points
  • Inside GTA (except Toronto) – 3 points
  • Toronto – 0 points
  • Credential was completed without physically attending (in-person) classes – 0 points

Where were you living when you completed your online classes? It is not where the school is. If you were in Ontario, outside GTA, you can count 8 points. OINP sets up its own criteria and gives 0 points if you completed course online. OINP has never changed its rules over the years, even during Covid.

Reactions: harsimran2835

harsimran2835

Jan 9, 2024
Your mode of attending classes was online and not physical as the letter mentioned.
If I say No, am I eligible as the last sentence states I am not eligible under masters stream.

harsimran2835

Jan 9, 2024
Regional immigration: location of study (where you physically attended classes)
  • Northern Ontario – 10 points
  • Other areas outside GTA (except Northern Ontario) – 8 points
  • Inside GTA (except Toronto) – 3 points
  • Toronto – 0 points
  • Credential was completed without physically attending (in-person) classes – 0 points

Where were you living when you completed your online classes? It is not where the school is. If you were in Ontario, outside GTA, you can count 8 points. OINP sets up its own criteria and gives 0 points if you completed course online. OINP has never changed its rules over the years, even during Covid.
I was in US and Half the time in Brampton when was attending the school.

if I say no to the option, am I eligible to apply for OINP masters stream??
cz one of the requirements states classes must be physically atttended but how can I attend it physically if it’s not been delivered cz of covid??
Pls assist

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
If I say No, am I eligible as the last sentence states I am not eligible under masters stream.
No...
As mentioned above you said you were never even in Windsor where your Uni is based.
For whatever reason your classes were not physical in nature, so you are not eligible for this stream.

Last edited:
Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I was in US and Half the time in Brampton when was attending the school.

if I say no to the option, am I eligible to apply for OINP masters stream??
cz one of the requirements states classes must be physically atttended but how can I attend it physically if it’s not been delivered cz of covid??
Pls assist
As said above, you are not eligible for this program since your learning was remote.

Reactions: Taran D

harsimran2835

Jan 9, 2024
As said above, you are not eligible for this program since your learning was remote.
But why?
Classes were held remotely cz of COVID so I should be eligible.
As stated by everyone that we need to submit proof why classes were online, if covid
It should b fine.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
But why?
As stated by everyone that we need to submit proof why classes were online, if covid
It should b fine.
OINP didn’t change any rules due to covid. For OINP that is not a reason, and OINP has stated that it your refusal. So you count 0 points for being online. OINP is not going to change it. Increase your points in another area.

Also you are claiming 8 points, but Brampton is the GTA too. You cannot claim 8 points for being online in Brampton and the US anyways. Points are based on where you physically were, and you were not living in Windsor.

If you really want to fight refusal hire an immigration lawyer.

Reactions: Taran D

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
But why?
It should b fine.
Every sub class has its own rules and regulations. Like for instance every international student is not assured PGWP or PR, a lot changes throughout hence other sub classes.
Every immigrant residing in a province opt for PNP,hence other subclasses.
Let this keep these things apart have you followed the rules, keep apart COVID, did you stayed in the same city than how are you blaming IRCC?

Hire a professional help as suggested.

DeepJ027

Dec 26, 2023
Hi,

I have launched an ee profile and I am at a decent standing at 498 CRS score. I have also made an EOI in the OINP masters graduate stream. Now I am confused about what will happen If I get an ITA and NOI in both. which one should I accept?