+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP International Student Stream

Shimhaeni

Feb 7, 2021

Paras7

Mar 29, 2021
I got the same refusal that my canadian education is also ineligible but i took2 years post graduate certificate i dont know why, mine is 2 years i know that its a certificate but the program level is post diploma. I would like to request for internal review. Please give me some suggestions on how to do it and how to defend that my program is eligible
Hey,
I got the refusal with same reason even though i did 2 year post graduate diploma. Have they reviewed your file again. Please let me know.

Shimhaeni

Feb 7, 2021
Hey,
I got the refusal with same reason even though i did 2 year post graduate diploma. Have they reviewed your file again. Please let me know.
I'm still waiting for the reply, I requested for reconsideration last March 3 , 2121 and haven't received any reply yet.
What school did you go to?

Reactions: arun kumar kannuru

Paras7

Mar 29, 2021
I'm still waiting for the reply, I requested for reconsideration last March 3 , 2121 and haven't received any reply yet.
What school did you go to?
I did Business management - International Business course from Lambton college.

MJenish

Feb 26, 2019
I also got refusal today. Have anyone of you got any response from OINP after submitting response to the refusal?

Did anyone hire agent or anything?

khan.mohammed38

Dec 21, 2017
Hi guys, quick question,
Does the employer need to get involved into these documents when we submit OINP? I mean do they request more documents from the employer such as the revenue etc forms which are there, or only the offer letter and one form is enough?
Because I ma wondering if they ask more documents from the employer, not sure how open the employers are to share all the details ?

bravo3338

Aug 7, 2019
Hi guys, quick question,
Does the employer need to get involved into these documents when we submit OINP? I mean do they request more documents from the employer such as the revenue etc forms which are there, or only the offer letter and one form is enough?
Because I ma wondering if they ask more documents from the employer, not sure how open the employers are to share all the details ?
I think they can always pull out all records with the help of business registration numbers that we provide during application but they contact the employer sometime for the verification of the information provided on employer form

arun kumar kannuru

May 26, 2020
OP hasn’t been on the forum in 2 years. What is your situation? if through OINP international students, you have a job offer and Canadian education, correct?
Yes Naturgrl, thanks for your response. I have 2 years post-graduate certificate from Canada and working full-time for an employer for the last 1 year. I have applied for the OINP International student stream. Yesterday I received an email with "notice of intent to refuge the application".
Mine is 2 years post-graduate certificate program, admission requirement is diploma / degree
but from OCAS portal my course is a post-diploma program.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes Naturgrl, thanks for your response. I have 2 years post-graduate certificate from Canada and working full-time for an employer for the last 1 year. I have applied for the OINP International student stream. Yesterday I received an email with "notice of intent to refuge the application".
Mine is 2 years post-graduate certificate program, admission requirement is diploma / degree
but from OCAS portal my course is a post-diploma program.
A certificate is not eligible unless the program admission requirement is a degree only, not a diploma. What matters is not OCAS but what your graduation letter and certificate states.

From the OINP site - Please also note that in order for a certificate program to be eligible, it must take at least one year to complete and require a completed degree as an admission requirement. A certificate program that takes two or more years is still subject to the degree requirement.

Reactions: arun kumar kannuru

arun kumar kannuru

May 26, 2020
A certificate is not eligible unless the program admission requirement is a degree only, not a diploma. What matters is not OCAS but what your graduation letter and certificate states.

From the OINP site - Please also note that in order for a certificate program to be eligible, it must take at least one year to complete and require a completed degree as an admission requirement. A certificate program that takes two or more years is still subject to the degree requirement.
Yeah, I have seen that, that's the sad part.