+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP International Student Stream

Vansh123

Oct 11, 2017
Hello,

I have a question about the documents, I need from my employer to apply PNP for Ontario in international students stream. I’ve already got the registration number.
Do I need financial documents like balance sheet or business license from my employer.

Thanks

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The employer form & employer checklist is on the OINP website. FYI, you are aware of the recent changes to the education requirements to program.

cheramz

Apr 3, 2017
The employer form & employer checklist is on the OINP website. FYI, you are aware of the recent changes to the education requirements to program.
Hi, what do you mean by this statement, what's the recent changes to the education?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, what do you mean by this statement, what's the recent changes to the education?
You are ok if you completed a degree or 2 year diploma but may not be if you did a PG program at a college.
You must have received from an eligible Canadian institution:

• a degree or diploma that takes at least two years to complete if you study on a full-time basis, or
  • a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement
This means that in order to be eligible, your one-year program must require a completed degree as an admission requirement. One-year programs are ineligible if they require a degree or a diploma, or “a degree or work experience”, or similar, regardless of whether you personally completed a degree program prior to being accepted into the one-year program.

cheramz

Apr 3, 2017
You are ok if you completed a degree or 2 year diploma but may not be if you did a PG program at a college.

• a degree or diploma that takes at least two years to complete if you study on a full-time basis, or
  • a degree, diploma or certificate that takes at least one year to complete if you study on a full-time basis and that requires a completed degree as an admission requirement
This means that in order to be eligible, your one-year program must require a completed degree as an admission requirement. One-year programs are ineligible if they require a degree or a diploma, or “a degree or work experience”, or similar, regardless of whether you personally completed a degree program prior to being accepted into the one-year program.
I see, I thought there's new update.. :)

renantorres

Dec 16, 2020

Hey do you know when this change happened? I got a intent to refuse letter because my college accepts degree and diploma. Honestly I don`t remember seeing this the first time I read it, it was just before OINP started to receive applications for the first time of this year.

Reactions: Shimhaeni

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey do you know when this change happened? I got a intent to refuse letter because my college accepts degree and diploma. Honestly I don`t remember seeing this the first time I read it, it was just before OINP started to receive applications for the first time of this year.
Yes last month. There is a notice of change on the website.

Shimhaeni

Feb 7, 2021
I got the same refusal that my canadian education is also ineligible but i took2 years post graduate certificate i dont know why, mine is 2 years i know that its a certificate but the program level is post diploma. I would like to request for internal review. Please give me some suggestions on how to do it and how to defend that my program is eligible

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got the same refusal that my canadian education is also ineligible but i took2 years post graduate certificate i dont know why, mine is 2 years i know that its a certificate but the program level is post diploma. I would like to request for internal review. Please give me some suggestions on how to do it and how to defend that my program is eligible
The issue may be that it is a certificate and not a degree or diploma of at least 2 years. What school and program? Were you full time? Does your letter state that you have 15 days to apply for reconsideration?

Shimhaeni

Feb 7, 2021
The issue may be that it is a certificate and not a degree or diploma of at least 2 years. What school and program? Were you full time? Does your letter state that you have 15 days to apply for reconsideration?
Mu program is Global Business Management for 2 years at Centennial College , yes I have 30 days to apply for internal review. and Im working full time.

Shimhaeni

Feb 7, 2021
My program is Global Business Management for 2 years at Centennial College , yes I have 30 days to apply for internal review. and Im working full time.
I know someoen whose application got approved with the same post graduate certificate as mine

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Mu program is Global Business Management for 2 years at Centennial College , yes I have 30 days to apply for internal review. and Im working full time.
Did you complete your program without any breaks and full-time, not your job. Again it may be because it is a certificate program and your program considers people with a two year diploma or partial degree.

Shimhaeni

Feb 7, 2021
Did you complete your program without any breaks and full-time, not your job. Again it may be because it is a certificate program and your program considers people with a two year diploma or partial degree.
Yes I complete it without any breaks its a 2year program. I know its a certificate but Ontario Colleges it says that my program is a post diploma, please see below link, Also I know someone who has the same graduate certificate as mine and her application got approved
https://www.ontariocolleges.ca/en/programs/search?q=glo&page=0&by[ProgramCredentialEnglish][0]=Graduate Certificate