File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
No, its a big retail company and I work for their IT.
Have you spoken to the HR team yet of your company? Generally speaking, larger companies are more likely to be unwilling to go through this process and this is against their policies. Unfortunately it's mandatory that your employer complete the forms and provide the other supporting documents in order for you to be approved through this PR program.

Bigdream2020

Dec 5, 2019
Have you spoken to the HR team yet of your company? Generally speaking, larger companies are more likely to be unwilling to go through this process and this is against their policies. Unfortunately it's mandatory that your employer complete the forms and provide the other supporting documents in order for you to be approved through this PR program.
Thanks for your response !!

Yes, I opened a request to the HR regarding same but they straight away said they do not support OINP , without even asking details. This means they have not done so in the past as well. However, i shall try to set up a meeting with the HR and try to explain it all and how I can help them provide guidelines etc to make their work easier.

One more question i had, Does the employer has to pay the fee in this case for the applicant?

Thanks again

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your response !!

Yes, I opened a request to the HR regarding same but they straight away said they do not support OINP , without even asking details. This means they have not done so in the past as well. However, i shall try to set up a meeting with the HR and try to explain it all and how I can help them provide guidelines etc to make their work easier.

One more question i had, Does the employer has to pay the fee in this case for the applicant?

Thanks again
Yes, it's a good idea to meet with HR to confirm what is possible and what isn't. Most large organizations have policies that outline what they will / will not provide in these situations. Since your company is a large company, it's safe to assume they have such policies in place. If this is against their policies, then there won't be anything you can do to change their minds. It simply won't be possible for them to complete the required paperwork and you'll have to look into different PR programs.

There is no fee. They need to complete the employer form.

I would start looking into other PR options while you wait to meet with HR. Since they answered you so quickly, it's most likely against their policies to complete the employer form. This is unfortunately quite normal for larger organizations.

Good luck.

Bigdream2020

Dec 5, 2019
Yes, it's a good idea to meet with HR to confirm what is possible and what isn't. Most large organizations have policies that outline what they will / will not provide in these situations. Since your company is a large company, it's safe to assume they have such policies in place. If this is against their policies, then there won't be anything you can do to change their minds. It simply won't be possible for them to complete the required paperwork and you'll have to look into different PR programs.

There is no fee. They need to complete the employer form.

I would start looking into other PR options while you wait to meet with HR. Since they answered you so quickly, it's most likely against their policies to complete the employer form. This is unfortunately quite normal for larger organizations.

Good luck.
Thanks scylla,

With that another ray of hope is dead and see nothing but dark.
I am 37 years old (soon will turn 38, so another -5 to my CRS score) IT professional. 1 year of Canadian exp so far. My wife is a student in Canada and will graduate in 2024 Nova Scotia. We have limited options to get a PR. Will dig in other PNP rules if they allow me an option.

Any suggestion you have in your mind or as per your experience i am happy to explore.

Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks scylla,

With that another ray of hope is dead and see nothing but dark.
I am 37 years old (soon will turn 38, so another -5 to my CRS score) IT professional. 1 year of Canadian exp so far. My wife is a student in Canada and will graduate in 2024 Nova Scotia. We have limited options to get a PR. Will dig in other PNP rules if they allow me an option.

Any suggestion you have in your mind or as per your experience i am happy to explore.

Thanks in advance
Have your chat with HR first before you cross this program off your list. Just be prepared for the high possibility of a negative answer.

This is what I would do:
- Learn French so that you can take the French language test.
- Try to secure an LMIA supported job offer so that you can claim arranged employment points.
- Move to NS (where you wife is) and find a job there. You'll likely have more options through that PNP program.