+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Human Capital Priority Stream - Spouse Canadian Work Experience Documents Needed?

xia88niuniu

Jan 24, 2024
Hi all, I was drawn by OINP Human Capital Stream in December and everything is complete and I'm about to submit my application. I'm on a closed work permit and I was drawn under CEC. However, I have a question on whether documentation to prove my wife's Canadian work experience is needed.

My wife started working for a bubble tea shop in November, 2023 and I put that in the family information section of my OINP portal because it's a fact. We are not claiming any points for this work experience of my wife and it's merely a fact that I'm disclosing. I'm just wondering do I need to provide her pay slip or employment reference letter for this work experience? Initially I thought no because we are not claiming any points since my wife has only been working for a little over two months so far. However, my immigration attorney was asking me to submit pay slips along with the application "just in case". Initially the immigration lawyer that was handling my case was saying I don't need to worry about it and I don't need to provide it which is the same as what I was thinking. However, she went on vacation and a different immigration lawyer took over my case and she said that because the guideline is unclear, it might be better just to include it just in case.

I know that in Express Entry application I definitely don't need it because IRCC knows that I'm not claiming points for my wife's work experience. However, can OINP see my IRCC profile and do they know for which experiences that I claimed points?

Does anyone else have similar experience and could you confirm whether if you were required for such documentation?

Last edited:

xia88niuniu

Jan 24, 2024
I am on the same boat, did you find any answer @xia88niuniu
I think the answer to the question is no. The lawyer took over my case is a junior lawyer, another senior attorney stepped in and said if it's not required we shouldn't put it in to add to the officer's workload. But the lawyer did put in a note in the package saying if it is required please inform us and we will add it in. My application is deemed complete and is in DIP now, so I don't think the documents are required.