+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Human Capital Priority Stream May 5 2023 Draw- Timelines

lblue21

May 10, 2023
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #258– July 12, 2023

See full text of Ministerial Instruction

French language proficiency (2023-1)

Number of invitations issued:
3,800Footnote*

Rank required to be invited to apply: 3,800 or above

Date and time of round: July 12, 2023 at 13:36:01 UTC

CRS score of lowest-ranked candidate invited: 375

Tie-breaking rule: June 15, 2023 at 23:49:05
Wow .. if only this was for the STEM and we get the ITAs

Reactions: kapoor90

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
Wow .. if only this was for the STEM and we get the ITAs
I knew they won't do it. OINP is all we got. Also, with this it does seem end of FSW overall.
They have made it clear with the high CRS (general draw), there is no chance the score will ever come down from 500s.
It has become way more competitive than I had ever imagined... just wow. Feeling bad for those new ones who think about settling in Canada.
The only way could be student visa + 1 year CEC workex

Reactions: auzair

aliansab

Star Member
Jun 7, 2023
I knew they won't do it. OINP is all we got. Also, with this it does seem end of FSW overall.
They have made it clear with the high CRS (general draw), there is no chance the score will ever come down from 500s.
It has become way more competitive than I had ever imagined... just wow. Feeling bad for those new ones who think about settling in Canada.
The only way could be student visa + 1 year CEC workex
I’ve been advising everyone who is interested in canadian immigration to study French, primarily for CRS score improvement, but it’s something that’s gonna help in the job market too. A CLB-7 in TEF/TCF now seems compulsory for new applicants too, especially if their NOC is included in none of the priority categories.

Reactions: Shadow09

ShadowClone

Jul 7, 2023
Just hope IRCC sneaks in a big STEM category draw this week. If they invite around 2000 candidates in the STEM draw, the scores should drop below 480.

Mehrtash

Jul 2, 2023
Hi All,

I submitted my EE profile for CEC in January with CRS 468 and NOC 6221.
I haven't received NOI from Ontario under Human Capital Priorities yet. Could anyone please let me know if this is normal or I'm missing something?
Thanks,

Owais Iqbal

Champion Member
Jan 20, 2014
Hi All,

I haven't received NOI from Ontario under Human Capital Priorities yet. Could anyone please let me know if this is normal or I'm missing something?
Thanks,
It depends on the field of work. CEC should come directly from FSW I believe. You may get NOI but as I said, it depends.

aliansab

Star Member
Jun 7, 2023
Just hope IRCC sneaks in a big STEM category draw this week. If they invite around 2000 candidates in the STEM draw, the scores should drop below 480.
With 500 ITAs from all category draw and 3800 ITAs from today’s francophone draw in current week, I doubt another draw - should it happen - will issue more than 500 ITAs.

Jan 13, 2023
Hi All,

Thanks,
Ontario Human Capital Priorities only targets specific occupations and sends NOI to them.

The list of occupations that they have sent NOI for until now can be found here:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/2023-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates

They usually Target the same occupations over and over again. If your NOC isn't listed here, it is unlikely that you will get an NOI from Ontario. But your occupation may be in demand for other provinces and you can try there.

Mehrtash

Jul 2, 2023
Ontario Human Capital Priorities only targets specific occupations and sends NOI to them.

The list of occupations that they have sent NOI for until now can be found here:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/2023-ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-updates

They usually Target the same occupations over and over again. If your NOC isn't listed here, it is unlikely that you will get an NOI from Ontario. But your occupation may be in demand for other provinces and you can try there.
Thanks for your reply. We don't intend to live in other provinces so that's not an option for us. I've also submitted an EOI for the Master's Graduate Stream which will take longer. Is there any other oinp stream that I can get nominated sooner?

Jan 13, 2023
Thanks for your reply. We don't intend to live in other provinces so that's not an option for us. I've also submitted an EOI for the Master's Graduate Stream which will take longer. Is there any other oinp stream that I can get nominated sooner?
Only other options are getting a job offer or Ontario work experience or learn French I suppose, since that will open up other streams for you. But without either of these 3 things, there are no other streams available.
This the complete list of all streams:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-oinp

Reactions: auzair

Mehrtash

Jul 2, 2023
Only other options are getting a job offer or Ontario work experience or learn French I suppose, since that will open up other streams for you. But without either of these 3 things, there are no other streams available.
This the complete list of all streams:
https://www.ontario.ca/page/ontario-immigrant-nominee-program-oinp
I have 2 years of Canadian work experience (NOC 6221)but still my crs is 468 which I was hoping to receive NOI from Ontario to increase my chance of getting an ITA.