+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Human Capital Priority Stream May 5 2023 Draw- Timelines

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Not sure about this one
There are a lot of confusing threads here that say both are acceptable but I think the more commonly used one is "Immigration Purposes other than Citizenship". My appointment at PSK is still a few days away. I'll see if they can change it to this one as I already selected the other one. My agent told me both are okay but if they can change it change to "Immigration Purposes other than Citizenship". Otherwise I'll make a new application.

lblue21

May 10, 2023
There are a lot of confusing threads here that say both are acceptable but I think the more commonly used one is "Immigration Purposes other than Citizenship". My appointment at PSK is still a few days away. I'll see if they can change it to this one as I already selected the other one. My agent told me both are okay but if they can change it change to "Immigration Purposes other than Citizenship". Otherwise I'll make a new application.
I think you can change it in the A counter at the PSK... They ask you to verify the details correct?

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
I think you can change it in the A counter at the PSK... They ask you to verify the details correct?
Yes thats what im hoping I'll be able to do. Let's see I also need to change the address. Question though. For PCC do you we have to visit a police station with documents for address and all that like we do for passport ?

lblue21

May 10, 2023
Yes thats what im hoping I'll be able to do. Let's see I also need to change the address. Question though. For PCC do you we have to visit a police station with documents for address and all that like we do for passport ?
If your address on the passport and address for which you need PCC is different I think you need to get the passport updated first to get the PCC done.
I am in Tamil Nadu, the police visited my place a week after my appointment with PSK and it took another week for get clearance. PCC was sent to me via post. They have given me 2 hard copies.

Even for passport application, I never went to the police station. They visited my address and verified the documents. Just had to give photo copies of the aadhar and 2 passport size photos. I am not sure how it is done in the other states.

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
If your address on the passport and address for which you need PCC is different I think you need to get the passport updated first to get the PCC done.
I am in Tamil Nadu, the police visited my place a week after my appointment with PSK and it took another week for get clearance. PCC was sent to me via post. They have given me 2 hard copies.
I don't think you need to get passport address updated (which means a new passport) with a new address as PCC form asks if your address is different. They wouldn't ask that if your passport address needs to match. You do however need to submit new documents for address verification for police and get it done at the new address just like a new passport. Cause depending on what you select the document checklist changes.

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022

Even for passport application, I never went to the police station. They visited my address and verified the documents. Just had to give photo copies of the aadhar and 2 passport size photos. I am not sure how it is done in the other states.
So for people whose passport address is same as the one for PCC no police visit right?

ImpatientDragon

Feb 23, 2022
Also, I think we should get it done after DIP. Not sure why you all are doing it in assessment phase. 6 months validity only, so better to take some time and not rush into it.

Reactions: aliansab

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
So for people whose passport address is same as the one for PCC no police visit right?
I think police visit will happen regardless. Just that you dont need the two to match and documents will be different. Passport is for 10 years. Cant expect the address to be the same for 10 years.

tumblewit

Jun 3, 2021
India
Category........
FSW
Also, I think we should get it done after DIP. Not sure why you all are doing it in assessment phase. 6 months validity only, so better to take some time and not rush into it.
My agent told me that one of the clients took 2 months to get one cause of delays in processing. The appointments are so delayed, I cant get one for PCC for 3 weeks at least. Also the whole reason to get one early is that it's valid for 6 months. It will be valid till December. ITA should hopefully happen much earlier than that. No harm in getting it early. Lot of issues if its late though.