+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Human Capital Priority Stream 2023 Feb Draw- Timelines

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022
Hi all. I received my NOI on May 5th tech draw, and in the process of gathering all the documents. I have a question about the "Intention to reside in Ontario" letter:
  1. I have no ties to Ontario, what else can I write in the letter? (already added that Ontario has many job opportunities in data analytics, which companies I want to work for). Do I need to apply to companies mentioned in the letter, and provide screenshots?
  2. I have 2 cousins studying in Toronto, is it ok to mention them? Do I need to provide their student id's as a proof or what kind of proof?
  3. Can anybody provide an example/sample? (no copy past, just to give an idea what to talk about if I have no ties)
  4. Do i need to upload a marriage certificate and my wife's WES report in the Family documents section? if yes, do I need to authorize OINP to receive a copy of her WES as well?
  5. I claim points for my highest degree only - which is MS - and have the WES report for that. Do I need to write a letter of explanation why I don't have a WES report for my BS degree?
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Reactions: Steak75

theseeker19

May 15, 2022
I finally got my approval.
Submission date - 20 feb 2023
Approval date - 8 May 2023

Delays on my part to submit additional docs.
Now the wait with federal after getting a ITA. :fingers crossed:

Jaycejay

Champion Member
Jan 4, 2020
Category........
FSW
I finally got my approval.
Submission date - 20 feb 2023
Approval date - 8 May 2023

Delays on my part to submit additional docs.
Now the wait with federal after getting a ITA. :fingers crossed:
Congratulations. When did you enter DIP?

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Hi all. I received my NOI on May 5th tech draw, and in the process of gathering all the documents. I have a question about the "Intention to reside in Ontario" letter:
  1. I have no ties to Ontario, what else can I write in the letter? (already added that Ontario has many job opportunities in data analytics, which companies I want to work for). Do I need to apply to companies mentioned in the letter, and provide screenshots?
  2. I have 2 cousins studying in Toronto, is it ok to mention them? Do I need to provide their student id's as a proof or what kind of proof?
  3. Can anybody provide an example/sample? (no copy past, just to give an idea what to talk about if I have no ties)
  4. Do i need to upload a marriage certificate and my wife's WES report in the Family documents section? if yes, do I need to authorize OINP to receive a copy of her WES as well?
  5. I claim points for my highest degree only - which is MS - and have the WES report for that. Do I need to write a letter of explanation why I don't have a WES report for my BS degree?
Thanks in advance
Hi, I basically wrote about job opportunities, why I liked Ontario and some vague future plans. I don't think it's necessary to apply to any company, at least I didn't. I personally wouldn't follow any sample statement of interest too closely, since I felt that most of the samples I managed to find online were a bit generic and gives off a copypasta feel, just my personal opinion tho. Since you have 2 cousins studying in Toronto, maybe you can talk about how their experience in Toronto influenced your decision, or how their presence could help you settle in Toronto/nearby. I believe this is technically a tie to Ontario(family ties), so you might want to mention it in the "ties" section.

I also have an MS and a BS, and I only had a WES report for my MS, and everything was fine.

Reactions: hihello227

hihello227

Star Member
May 12, 2022
Hi, I basically wrote about job opportunities, why I liked Ontario and some vague future plans. I don't think it's necessary to apply to any company, at least I didn't. I personally wouldn't follow any sample statement of interest too closely, since I felt that most of the samples I managed to find online were a bit generic and gives off a copypasta feel, just my personal opinion tho. Since you have 2 cousins studying in Toronto, maybe you can talk about how their experience in Toronto influenced your decision, or how their presence could help you settle in Toronto/nearby. I believe this is technically a tie to Ontario(family ties), so you might want to mention it in the "ties" section.

I also have an MS and a BS, and I only had a WES report for my MS, and everything was fine.
Appreciate your help.