+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Human Capital Priority Stream 14 Dec 2023

M84

Feb 28, 2024
Congrats! Aside from being inland, were you assessed as CEC or FSWP?
CEC. I guess CEC will be fast since they dont need to check bank cash info. But I think they are just waiting for yesterday draw to start new round of approvals. And I guess i hve the same kind of timelines as Shanrocks (basically I use to stalk his updates here to get a sense of how mine is progressing :) ). So I hope yours will also be happening soon.

M84

Feb 28, 2024
Could you please share your timeline and profile? if you're comfortable, could you also provide details about how many work experiences you have in Canada? Thank you!
Timelines are in the same message to which I replied approved (also it is in my signature/about info) and I am CEC Tech. I have 2 yrs work exp in Canada.

Reactions: Svemana

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
CEC. I guess CEC will be fast since they dont need to check bank cash info. But I think they are just waiting for yesterday draw to start new round of approvals. And I guess i hve the same kind of timelines as Shanrocks (basically I use to stalk his updates here to get a sense of how mine is progressing :) ). So I hope yours will also be happening soon.
What do you mean they don't need to "check bank cash info"? I agree CEC is faster, especially because your work experience is Canadian work experience and is easier to validate than an overseas job. But you can be CEC and still need to show proof of funds, no? Either by current employment or bank letters of your current balance. I thought that it was during the PR process that CEC applicants didn't have to show proof of funds but they still had to do it for the OINP process.

In my case, I am an FSWP inland applicant. I have ongoing employment in Ontario (tech sector) but only 9 months so far, so i didn't qualify for CEC. Still, I used my current employment as proof of funds instead of bank cash info or bank letters.

M84

Feb 28, 2024
What do you mean they don't need to "check bank cash info"? I agree CEC is faster, especially because your work experience is Canadian work experience and is easier to validate than an overseas job. But you can be CEC and still need to show proof of funds, no? Either by current employment or bank letters of your current balance. I thought that it was during the PR process that CEC applicants didn't have to show proof of funds but they still had to do it for the OINP process.

In my case, I am an FSWP inland applicant. I have ongoing employment in Ontario (tech sector) but only 9 months so far, so i didn't qualify for CEC. Still, I used my current employment as proof of funds instead of bank cash info or bank letters.
Well instead of CEC i should have mentioned people with Canadian job. SO if you have job, they will check it as part of employment check and this will prove as proof for fund also. So a separate step to check bank funds is not needed. In scenarios, where job annual pay dont meet the fund requirement they need to show additional proofs. But for tech jobs i believe it will be a rare scenario

Reactions: JuhatmaRhdn
Mar 1, 2024
OINP Dec 14 Tech Draw (CEC applicant)
NOI: 14-Dec-2023
Application Submitted: 12-Jan-2024
Assessment: 15-Jan-2024
DIP: 7-Feb-2024
Approval/Nomination:Still Waiting.

cybermika

Feb 19, 2024
Stream: OINP - HCP - CEC (Tech Draw) / Inland

NOI: 14-Dec-2023
Application Submitted: 25-Jan-2024
Assessment: 1-Mar-2024

romeno.21

Jan 13, 2021
Hey! Did you all upload a photograph for the application from a scan of a studio picture with the back of the photo too?

juuanh

Oct 15, 2023
Hey! Did you all upload a photograph for the application from a scan of a studio picture with the back of the photo too?
I scanned the front and back (the back has studio name, address, and date) of the physical photo and put them in a pdf for uploading.