+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Human Capital Priority Stream 14 Dec 2023

mapleleaf7710

Jan 29, 2024
Can someone please advise for my funds situation? Thanks in advance.

I had ~13800 CAD in my bank account. Thinking that OINP draws for 2023 are exhausted, I withdrew ~4000 CAD during November end - December end to invest in shares. I didn't learn about my NOI from OINP until Jan 2024 (Didn't open my profile). So I pooled that amount back into the savings account as one single deposit of ~4000 CAD before taking a letter from the bank. I didn't write any letter of explanation. Will this be seen negatively by the evaluators? Any remedy I can take now to explain them?

Please advise me here.

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
Can someone please advise for my funds situation? Thanks in advance.

I had ~13800 CAD in my bank account. Thinking that OINP draws for 2023 are exhausted, I withdrew ~4000 CAD during November end - December end to invest in shares. I didn't learn about my NOI from OINP until Jan 2024 (Didn't open my profile). So I pooled that amount back into the savings account as one single deposit of ~4000 CAD before taking a letter from the bank. I didn't write any letter of explanation. Will this be seen negatively by the evaluators? Any remedy I can take now to explain them?

Please advise me here.
It could be the case. I think it depends on what the evaluator considers a "single large deposit". I would think that 4k is in fact quite a substantial amount so they could indeed require an explanation regarding the reason for that deposit. Hopefully, they will just send an ADR and you can explain then the reason for this. Maybe even consider sending a Webform in advance with the explanation for the deposit. At the end of the day, what the evaluator will do, depends on who the evaluator is. They have full discretion when it comes to these decisions. Hopefully, the one working on your case will give you the benefit of the doubt and request an explanation rather than making a decision based on what they already have.

As per the OINP: "If you provide bank statements that include a one-time large deposit, we may ask you to provide additional documentation to support that your funds are free of debt or liability."

Source: Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream | ontario.ca

Reactions: saurinpatel

mapleleaf7710

Jan 29, 2024
It could be the case. I think it depends on what the evaluator considers a "single large deposit". I would think that 4k is in fact quite a substantial amount so they could indeed require an explanation regarding the reason for that deposit. Hopefully, they will just send an ADR and you can explain then the reason for this. Maybe even consider sending a Webform in advance with the explanation for the deposit. At the end of the day, what the evaluator will do, depends on who the evaluator is. They have full discretion when it comes to these decisions. Hopefully, the one working on your case will give you the benefit of the doubt and request an explanation rather than making a decision based on what they already have.

As per the OINP: "If you provide bank statements that include a one-time large deposit, we may ask you to provide additional documentation to support that your funds are free of debt or liability."

Source: Ontario’s Express Entry Human Capital Priorities stream | ontario.ca
Thank you

saurinpatel

Jan 15, 2024
I had submitted the profile on 16th Jan. Have not got to the Assessment stage yet. Its still in submitted stage.

FletcherHubbard

Star Member
Nov 20, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I got an invitation on 14 dec’23 ONIP draw. Anyone who has already applied or planning to apply through this program please share your timelines and questions/thoughts here. Or of there is any other thread already active please share the link. Thank you.
Submitted my application too on 30th Dec 2023 . OINP- HCP -CEC

Last edited:

rohit_d

Feb 8, 2024
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
27-01-2024
Did anyone submitted additional documents through email(ontarionominee@ontario.ca) and received a reply back confirming the documents were updated to application? If so, in how many days did they reply?
I sent an email 8 days back, but still didn't hear back from them.

Reactions: mapleleaf7710

JuhatmaRhdn

Star Member
Nov 1, 2021
Did anyone submitted additional documents through email(ontarionominee@ontario.ca) and received a reply back confirming the documents were updated to application? If so, in how many days did they reply?
I sent an email 8 days back, but still didn't hear back from them.
I did. They replied in 2 days, acknowledging the receipt of my documents nd confirming they would be attached to my file (Likely a automated response tho)