+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP EOI "recent credential earned outside of Canada" city changes after form submission

MariaZz

Nov 3, 2022
Hello,

I submitted my OINP EOI. Today, I clicked on my application just to double-check I have everything right there. When I got to the education section to "additional earned credential", I saw that the city for my earned education is "Middlesex", even though I literally have a screenshot of that page from when I submitted it, and the city was Moscow , country was Russia(it is my high school credential). The country didn't change, it was still Russia
So I modified my application, and put "Moscow" as the city again. Submitted it. Clicked on my application to see that it's changed to Moscow. But it is still "Middlesex"!! The country is correct though, it is Russia...
No matter what I modify in this section, after I save my submission, it changes the city from Moscow to "Middlesex".
I think I know the exact reason why - when you enter any country other than Canada for the education credential, the city field is textbox. But when the country is Canada, the city field is a dropdown list. So I am guessing after you submit the application, the city field gets turned from textbox into a dropdown, and the dropdown inly has canadian cities in it, so it just saved the first city starting with letter M (because the city was Moscow).
I emailed them about it, but as you know it takes a looooot of time for them to get back to you, so I was wondering, has anyone ever contacted OINP services about it?