+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP employer job offer stream 2017

JJang

Jul 6, 2017
they did not ask any document from my employer they asked from me as they send me email not my employer
Oh,

If your employer is required, it would take more time. I guess the process time assessing compay documents might take at least 1 month.

Last edited:

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
I could call them by using this numbers:
Tel | Tél : (416) 327-0374
Fax | Télécopieur : (416) 327-0860.
Trying, but all I got was machines to speak with.

I press 0 to speak with an agent, it rings, but shortly after, I get a recorded message and a time to leave a message.

Is this the right way?

I left a message anyway.

JJang

Jul 6, 2017
Trying, but all I got was machines to speak with.

I press 0 to speak with an agent, it rings, but shortly after, I get a recorded message and a time to leave a message.

Is this the right way?

I left a message anyway.
I tried to call approximately 80 times. I think the best time is 9:00-10:00.
Keep trying consecutively.

Last edited:

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
Yep! Just managed to do it trying again on my 10th or so time.

They required my employer some documents. The lady said they have a deadline and it is on a letter, but she didn't give me this information. I contacted my employer, and the HR representative promised he was gonna send it today.

So I guess we have new info for everyone, since we have about 5 similar or so cases! I'll mark it so people who Google it can find what I couldn't.

"Awaiting Information" - It means OINP office required additional information from a third party, most probably the employer. It might come with a simultaneous request from the applicant.

The cases we have been following remained on "awaiting information status" from 2 weeks to 2 months (depends on mail deliveries, volume of applications, how fast your employer was, etc). It then changes back to "assessment" and documents can still be required, to finally change to Decision In Progress (DIP).

dungranimahesh

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Yep! Just managed to do it trying again on my 10th or so time.

They required my employer some documents. The lady said they have a deadline and it is on a letter, but she didn't give me this information. I contacted my employer, and the HR representative promised he was gonna send it today.

So I guess we have new info for everyone, since we have about 5 similar or so cases! I'll mark it so people who Google it can find what I couldn't.

"Awaiting Information" - It means OINP office required additional information from a third party, most probably the employer. It might come with a simultaneous request from the applicant.

The cases we have been following remained on "awaiting information status" from 2 weeks to 2 months (depends on mail deliveries, volume of applications, how fast your employer was, etc). It then changes back to "assessment" and documents can still be required, to finally change to Decision In Progress (DIP).
Where did you find this info?

GAGANMECH

Jan 28, 2016
Hello Folks,
I have sent my package to CIO,Sydney on courier address by Canada Post Xpress Post. By mistake I have not opted deliver by sign option . now on canada post tracker it is just showing delivered . I am worrying about it . Anyone having same issue.

greyfox

Aug 21, 2017
So, I have a few questions. I applied for the Foreign Worker Stream in July and on Friday my account indicated it was approved and therefore I am waiting for my paper work.

Now, it's been mentioned that this PR is paper based and the wait time is 15 months or so. My question is: Are you able to apply for a bridging visa after your application has been submitted? My current work visa expires in January and given the best scenario I would not receive a reply until after it has expired.

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
So, I have a few questions. I applied for the Foreign Worker Stream in July and on Friday my account indicated it was approved and therefore I am waiting for my paper work.

Now, it's been mentioned that this PR is paper based and the wait time is 15 months or so. My question is: Are you able to apply for a bridging visa after your application has been submitted? My current work visa expires in January and given the best scenario I would not receive a reply until after it has expired.
I've seen somewhere that you can apply for work visas while you await for decision if you applied from within Canada with a legal status. I don't if it is OWV or bridging OWV, but check official info on IRCC, it should be on the "after you submit" or under a similar subject.

I don't have the link with me now, sorry.

dungranimahesh

Star Member
Feb 20, 2015
Gathering all the info on this forum and here on the immigration tracker:
https://myimmitracker.com/en/ca/trackers/oinp-employer-job-offer-stream-2017

All cases are common in this aspect. Your case is there too, when they asked you and also your employer at the same time for more info.

The very first cases varied from 2 weeks (fastest) to 2 months.
They never send any email to my employer asking additional documents

They send me email

Case Number: XXX
File Number: XXX
Position: Physiotherapy Assistant
NOC Code: 3237

Dear XXX

RE: Procedural Fairness Request – Foreign Worker With a Job Offer Nominee Application

Thank you for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) under the Employer Job Offer Stream received on June 15, 2017. Your application and all supporting documentation submitted to date have been reviewed.

Before a decision is made on your application, this letter is to provide you with a final opportunity to submit information to support your eligibility for nomination.

To be eligible to apply as a foreign worker, you must have a job offer signed by yourself and an Ontario employer that meets the following criteria:

•  Is a permanent and full-time job offer in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A or B), and

•  Meets the prevailing wage level in Ontario for that occupation (Information about wage levels in different occupations can be found on the Government of Canada

Job Bank and selecting Explore Careers: Wages. Job Bank identifies “prevailing wage” as “median wage”).

As a foreign worker, you must also:
 Have two years of work experience in the intended occupation in the last five

years immediately preceding the date of application submission. The work experience can be cumulative and must be in the same NOC as the intended occupation; or

•  Have the relevant mandatory licensing in Ontario for a regulated occupation. If your job offer is in an occupation that requires a mandatory license or certification in Ontario, you are required to hold a valid license or certification at the time of application submission; and

•  Be residing abroad or residing, working or visiting Canada on a valid work permit, study permit or visitor record.

The assessment of the information and documentation submitted in support of your application indicates that some of the above criteria may not have been met. Specifically,

To be eligible to apply as a foreign worker, you must have a job offer signed by yourself and an Ontario employer that meets the following criteria:
  •  Is a permanent and full-time job offer in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A or B), and

•  Meets the prevailing wage level in Ontario for that occupation
o You must have a job offer signed by yourself and your employer. The reference letter from 'A'dated June 13, 2017 confirming your current employment is not a job offer.

As a foreign worker, you must also:

•  Have two years of work experience in the intended occupation in the last five

years immediately preceding the date of application submission. The work experience can be cumulative and must be in the same NOC as the intended occupation.

•  For work experience obtained in Canada, the OINP will accept full-time work experience that is verifiable, relevant, paid and obtained with proper work authorization.
o Current position: the reference letter from 'A'dated June 13, 2017 appears to indicate an incorrect start date of your employment (February 2017 instead of 2016, as implied by the T4 from 2016 issued by this employer). Accordingly, the duration of your Full- Time employment is not verifiable.

o Previous position: the reference letter from 'B'dated June 18, 2015 indicates that you were initially hired as a temporary worker but as of June 1st (exact year not specified) you were offered Full-Time permanent employment. Accordingly, the duration of your Full-Time employment is not verifiable.

o It is therefore unclear if you have demonstrated at least 2 years of Full- Time work experience.

You have 30 calendar days from the date of this letter to provide additional information or documentation to support that your application satisfies program criteria:

1. 1) A permanent Full-Time job offer, signed by yourself and your Ontario employer, indicating your position title, wage and duties.

2. 2) Two most recent paystubs from 'A'indicating your hourly wage.

3. 3) An updated, verifiable reference letter from 'A' indicating your start date and hours of work per week, since the original start date in 2016 to-date.

4. 4) The official Record of Employment and all the consecutive paystubs for the entire period of employment with 'B'which appears to be in 2015- 2016.

5. 5) A detailed, verifiable reference letter from 'B'indicating your start/end dates and hours of work per week. If your status changed from part- time to full-time, it must be indicated, with the applicable dates stated.

6. 6) Any further information or documentation to demonstrate that program criteria are met.

Should the program not receive additional information within this timeframe, your application will be assessed based on the existing information on file which may lead to the refusal of your application.

Thank you for your application and your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration Government of Ontario

TommySan

Aug 18, 2017
Ontario
o Current position: the reference letter from 'A' dated June 13, 2017 appears to indicate an incorrect start date of your employment (February 2017 instead of 2016, as implied by the T4 from 2016 issued by this employer). Accordingly, the duration of your Full- Time employment is not verifiable.

o Previous position: the reference letter from 'B'dated June 18, 2015 indicates that you were initially hired as a temporary worker but as of June 1st (exact year not specified) you were offered Full-Time permanent employment. Accordingly, the duration of your Full-Time employment is not verifiable.
Mahesh, let's go one step at a time.

1- You, therefore, are not on the same case as the rest of us. Your status should not read "additional information" but something like "additional documents required", what we call ADR, which are 2 different status.
Note - We didn't get anything, you did and you knew what was required of you. According to my employer, they received a letter and the OINP office required confidential information they couldn't tell me. I suppose it is financial information about the company to prove they make more than $500 k or $1 million if the GTA.

2-Your email clearly shows there is a delay caused by missing documents, or actually, documents you sent containing errors, and they are a few critical ones. Click on the quoted message to expand, but in summary:
2.1- Incorrect date from your current employer, it should say February 2016 because of the T4. The letter says 2017. Note that the officer was nice pointing that out to you, they don't like to open files and dig information out, sometimes they just refuse and tell you to review everything, and you have to find yourself what was wrong. They have a certain Target number of applications to hit, and applications with errors delay them, so they prefer keeping their jobs and just hand it back to you.
2.2- The former employer said you worked part time in June 18 2015 and that you worked full time in June 1 of a non-specified year. Is it 2016? If so, you don't meet the criteria of having two years experience if using these 2 employers. **Is the correct date you started working as full time on July 1st 2015, not June 1st? Because you can't start working on June 18 and then get upgraded on June 1, as if the time moved backwards, unless you started as FT and changed to PT, which don't seem to be the case, it looks like June 1 is not the right date, and you should always specify which year. Since you changed employers, you should also specify the exact dates you left one job to the next, because two days on the weekend that you move from one place to the next is going to be discounted, so, let's say, someone starts working on June 18 2015 and apply June 18, 2017, being unemployed for 2 weeks ( I won't say 2 days, because I don't know if they count a year as 1560 hours of work or as 365 days being employed), that person will fail the criteria because of those 2 weeks and should wait a bit before applying.

3- It seems you didn't show enough documentation to prove you meet the prevailing wage of the function. They didn't say it clearly, but you should double check it.

4- Being employed does not count as a job offer. You should get a job offer saying it is full time, permanent, and the job offer should contain what is your function exactly, so they can see if it fits the NOC description. For example, a person who chops vegetables is not a cook, sometimes they apply as cooks or chefs and it is not valid, or, a MacDonald's supervisor apply as a restaurant supervisor or cafeteria manager, which is not the same thing. Those functions require no training and are not eligible. So you offer must describe the functions to avoid missing that item. In my case, it stated the function, item by item.

5- Finally, your application process is being withheld because of these errors you must fix quickly, if you haven't already, and then, after checking for completeness, they might contact your employers for "additional information". You are one step behind.

Got it?

Now a little bit of constructive criticism:

I wish I could help you more, but I have my own affairs to tender to. I took about 40 minutes to write this message to help you. If you still have questions, a forum on the internet is not the most appropriate and certain environment for that many concerns, or for leaving your phone number, as someone might misguide you or take advantage of you. I believe you should consult and hire a representative, because with about $200, you might save some money, as your $1500 you paid is not refundable. And be aware of fake consultants and money suckers who just take your money, don't actually help you or care about you.

Best thing to do is be informed and prepared. As one old saying says: "If you want something well done, you better do it yourself". Take some time reading and paying attention to the correct definitions such as ADR vs "awaiting information", read your contracts, check for dates, and if you really want to immigrate, keep track of your travels because stamps on passports are not always clear.

Wish you all the best.

Last edited:

mpreetsingh

Jun 5, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......

1- You, therefore, are not on the same case as the rest of us. Your status should not read "additional information" but something like "additional documents required", what we call ADR, which are 2 different status.
Note - We didn't get anything, you did and you knew what was required of you. According to my employer, they received a letter and the OINP office required confidential information they couldn't tell me. I suppose it is financial information about the company to prove they make more than $500 k or $1 million if the GTA.

2-Your email clearly show there is a delay caused by missing documents, or actually, documents you sent containing errors, and they are a few critical ones. Click on the quoted message to expand, but in summary:
2.1- Incorrect date from your current employer, it should say February 2017. The letter says 2016.
2.2- The former employer said you worked part time in June 18 2015 and that you worked full time in June 1 of a non-specified year. Is it 2016? If so, you don't meet the criteria of having two years experience if using these 2 employers. **Is the correct date you started working as full time on July 1st 2015, not June 1st? Because you can't start working on June 18 and then get upgraded on June 1, as if the time moved backwards, unless you started as FT and changed to PT, which don't seem to be the case, it looks like June 1 is not the right date, and you should always specify which year. Since you changed employers, you should also specify the exact dates you left one job to the next, because two days on the weekend that you move from one place to the next is going to be discounted, so, let's say, someone starts working on June 18 2015 and apply June 18, 2017, being unemployed for 2 weeks ( I won't say 2 days, because I don't know if they count a year as 1560 hours of work or as 365 days being employed), that person will fail the criteria because of those 2 weeks and should wait a bit before applying.

3- It seems you didn't show enough documentation to prove you meet the prevailing wage of the function. They didn't say it clearly, but you should double check it.

4- Being employed does not count as a job offer. You should get a job offer saying it is full time, permanent, and the job offer should contain what is your function exactly, so they can see if it fits the NOC description. For example, a person who chops vegetables is not a cook, sometimes they apply as cooks or chefs and it is not valid, or, a MacDonald's supervisor apply as a restaurant supervisor or cafeteria manager, which is not the same thing. Those functions require no training. So you offer must describe it.

5- So your application process is being withheld because of these errors you must fix quickly, if you haven't already, and then, after checking for completeness, they might contact your employers for "additional information".

Got it?

I wish I could help you more, but I have my own affairs to tender to. I took about 40 minutes to write this message to help you. If you still have questions, a forum on the internet is not the most appropriate and certain environment for that kind of concerns, or for leaving your phone number, as someone might misguide you or take advantage of you. I believe you should consult and hire a representative, because with about $200, you might save some money, as your $1500 you paid is not refundable. And be aware of fake consultants and money suckers who just take your money, don't actually help you or care about you.

Best thing to do is be informed and prepared. As some saying: "If you want something well done, you better do it yourself". Take some time reading and paying attention to the correct definitions such as ADR or "awaiting information", read your contracts, check for dates, and if you want to immigrate, keep track of your travels because stamps on passports are not always clear.

Wish you all the best.
Thanks for your contribution.;)

Reactions: TommySan

JJang

Jul 6, 2017

2-Your email clearly shows there is a delay caused by missing documents, or actually, documents you sent containing errors, and they are a few critical ones. Click on the quoted message to expand, but in summary:
2.1- Incorrect date from your current employer, it should say February 2016 because of the T4. The letter says 2017. Note that the officer was nice pointing that out to you, they don't like to open files and dig information out, sometimes they just refuse and tell you to review everything, and you have to find yourself what was wrong. They have a certain Target number of applications to hit, and applications with errors delay them, so they prefer keeping their jobs and just hand it back to you.

4- Being employed does not count as a job offer. You should get a job offer saying it is full time, permanent, and the job offer should contain what is your function exactly, so they can see if it fits the NOC description. For example, a person who chops vegetables is not a cook, sometimes they apply as cooks or chefs and it is not valid, or, a MacDonald's supervisor apply as a restaurant supervisor or cafeteria manager, which is not the same thing. Those functions require no training and are not eligible. So you offer must describe the functions to avoid missing that item. In my case, it stated the function, item by item.

5- Finally, your application process is being withheld because of these errors you must fix quickly, if you haven't already, and then, after checking for completeness, they might contact your employers for "additional information". You are one step behind.

Got it?

I wish I could help you more, but I have my own affairs to tender to. I took about 40 minutes to write this message to help you. If you still have questions, a forum on the internet is not the most appropriate and certain environment for that many concerns, or for leaving your phone number, as someone might misguide you or take advantage of you. I believe you should consult and hire a representative, because with about $200, you might save some money, as your $1500 you paid is not refundable. And be aware of fake consultants and money suckers who just take your money, don't actually help you or care about you.

Best thing to do is be informed and prepared. As one old saying says: "If you want something well done, you better do it yourself". Take some time reading and paying attention to the correct definitions such as ADR vs "awaiting information", read your contracts, check for dates, and if you really want to immigrate, keep track of your travels because stamps on passports are not always clear.

Wish you all the best.
You are so awesome!! I am very moved by you!

arjunmalkar

Jul 5, 2017
Hi Guys,

Thanks for above post..

i had submiited my documents to ONIP on 26th July and changed to assesement on 27th July.

On 22nd August i noticed it has changed to "Waiting for Information" on 22nd Aug Till date i have not received any email for clarification, documents required.

From what i understand as per above details ONIP is seeking some details from 3rd party( employers,etc)?is my understanding right?
or will they also mail us with details required/or to be verified? - Should we n sending them query email..

Seeking your guidance on above case..

Thanks in Advance