+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer - International Student Stream

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hi,

Please I need clarification on the requirement under this stream. For the full-time job offer, how long are you supposed to be working for that company before you can apply under this stream?

I have other requirements, like my degree, intention to reside in Ontario etc. I just got a full-time job with a manufacturing company related to my degree. I have been working full-time for a month now. When can I apply under this stream?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Please I need clarification on the requirement under this stream. For the full-time job offer, how long are you supposed to be working for that company before you can apply under this stream?

I have other requirements, like my degree, intention to reside in Ontario etc. I just got a full-time job with a manufacturing company related to my degree. I have been working full-time for a month now. When can I apply under this stream?
You work for them until you have PR. Does your employer meet requirements and is willing to support your nomination and fill out all the forms? If so, then you can apply now.

Reactions: jjhernan

jjhernan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2022
You are ready to go since Day #1.. but as @Naturgrl said... you should be working with them until grant your PR. Please keep posting about your nomination, I have applied one more time with a new employer.

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
You are ready to go since Day #1.. but as @Naturgrl said... you should be working with them until grant your PR. Please keep posting about your nomination, I have applied one more time with a new employer.
Ok I will keep you posted. I am just waiting for my 3 month probation period to be over so I can apply and the employer can complete the employer form.

Please can you share your experience with having your employer support your application? What did you do? Did you inform them that you are applying for ONIP and gave them the form to complete? Was that all you did?

jjhernan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2022
Hi @mama800, Yes during the interview process I asked them about their support for my PR application, and they accepted to do that.... but they are not obligated to do, so It's better to ask than you will be sure. Now, what Documents you will need, basically are 3 kinds of documents, the paystubs 2/3 most recent, a Job Description of your role, or a letter describing what are your activities, this should be aligned with the NOC and the Immigration Form which is the most important Document, you can see this on the OINP Web Site, overall that is what you will need for your PR application. Let me know if you want to know more, happy to help!

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Ok I will keep you posted. I am just waiting for my 3 month probation period to be over so I can apply and the employer can complete the employer form.

Please can you share your experience with having your employer support your application? What did you do? Did you inform them that you are applying for ONIP and gave them the form to complete? Was that all you did?
Just sharing my experience.

My employer supports my OINP and PR application. During the OINP application, they received a "Notice to Refuse" because the employment letter I submitted was a couple of months old and the offer letter was more than a year old. According to Ontario Immigration, my offer letter states a lower salary offer than what I am currently getting (offer letter dated October 2020 and the notice to refuse was in March 2022). I received several salary increase since I started with this employer. So, my latest paystub is not consistent with the salary listed in my employment letter. This despite including our collective bargaining agreement (we are unionized) with my OINP application. Fortunately, the HR was accommodating enough that she made another employment letter, this time stating my salary increase history as well as pointed to the collective bargaining document which covers the salary agreement between employer and the union.

My unsolicited advice, ask for the latest employment letter which matches what is listed in your paystub.

Good luck to your application.

jjhernan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2022

My employer supports my OINP and PR application. During the OINP application, they received a "Notice to Refuse" because the employment letter I submitted was a couple of months old and the offer letter was more than a year old. According to Ontario Immigration, my offer letter states a lower salary offer than what I am currently getting (offer letter dated October 2020 and the notice to refuse was in March 2022). I received several salary increase since I started with this employer. So, my latest paystub is not consistent with the salary listed in my employment letter. This despite including our collective bargaining agreement (we are unionized) with my OINP application. Fortunately, the HR was accommodating enough that she made another employment letter, this time stating my salary increase history as well as pointed to the collective bargaining document which covers the salary agreement between employer and the union.

My unsolicited advice, ask for the latest employment letter which matches what is listed in your paystub.

Thanks for sharing this experience @rcincanada2019

Reactions: rcincanada2019

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015

Ok thank you very much for the information and your response. I truly appreciate it.

One more question please. When applying for the OINP application, how did you approach your employer to get their support or what document do I need from them to add to the application.

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Ok thank you very much for the information and your response. I truly appreciate it.

One more question please. When applying for the OINP application, how did you approach your employer to get their support or what document do I need from them to add to the application.
I talked to our HR about the OINP ITA. They are aware that I am on PGWP and not yet a PR or citizen. I gave them the Employer Form required by Ontario Immigration. After a quick review by our Legal department, HR accomplished the Employer Form and gave it to me for submission to Ontario Immigration.

jjhernan

Star Member
Jul 17, 2022

Hi @mama800 just tell them that you are applying to OINP and the form is required, try to do it with confidence and determination. If the company is willing to cooperate means you could stay there, but if they refused, better find another job or another way to apply for PR.

tbor1277

Dec 29, 2022

what industry are you in? It's rare to find collective agreement since unions are not prominent nowadays. Specially in IT sector.

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Hi @mama800 just tell them that you are applying to OINP and the form is required, try to do it with confidence and determination. If the company is willing to cooperate means you could stay there, but if they refused, better find another job or another way to apply for PR.
Ok thank you very much.

mama800

Star Member
Feb 7, 2015
Quick question - As am a bit confused as I go through the 2021 new NOC Code.

I work for a manufacturing company as a Production Team Member which falls under 2021 NOC code 94200 as Motor Vehicle Assemblers and TEER 4. But to apply for ONIP it has to be a job offer for TEER 0,1,2 or 3. Please can someone help me clarify if am reading the NOC code and TEER requirement correctly??

So does that mean I CANNOT apply under this current job?

tbor1277

Dec 29, 2022
Quick question - As am a bit confused as I go through the 2021 new NOC Code.

I work for a manufacturing company as a Production Team Member which falls under 2021 NOC code 94200 as Motor Vehicle Assemblers and TEER 4. But to apply for ONIP it has to be a job offer for TEER 0,1,2 or 3. Please can someone help me clarify if am reading the NOC code and TEER requirement correctly??

So does that mean I CANNOT apply under this current job?
I'm sorry but this stream is not for TEER 4 and 5. The answer is no, you cannot apply for this under your current job.