+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Employer Job Offer: Foreign Worker stream

Saifil Momin

Oct 20, 2019
Hello, thanks for answering the question. Really appreciate the effort.

Since the Express Entry draws are currently halted I am looking into some possible PNP options. I am currently here on my Open work permit and looking to switch jobs and get one in Ontario. By doing so I believe will be eligible for Foreign Worker Stream. I have gone through the documentation on IRCC's website and I understand most of the information.
However, I didn't find a certain important point.
Since my work permit is ending and generally this type of OINP program could take up to 1 year of processing, this could mean my work permit could expire. So My question is if I make an Expression of Interest to OINP and get selected in a draw and submit my application. Do I get the option to renew my work permit in any way?

Thank you.

a_manumohan

Nov 25, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Probably somewhere in Canada?
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-10-2022
AOR Received.
24-10-2022
Does it really take 1 year now? I know of a friend who got it in less than 6 months in 2021(he hasn't got his pr card yet)

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello, thanks for answering the question. Really appreciate the effort.

Since the Express Entry draws are currently halted I am looking into some possible PNP options. I am currently here on my Open work permit and looking to switch jobs and get one in Ontario. By doing so I believe will be eligible for Foreign Worker Stream. I have gone through the documentation on IRCC's website and I understand most of the information.
However, I didn't find a certain important point.
Since my work permit is ending and generally this type of OINP program could take up to 1 year of processing, this could mean my work permit could expire. So My question is if I make an Expression of Interest to OINP and get selected in a draw and submit my application. Do I get the option to renew my work permit in any way?

Thank you.
Yes, you would qualify for a BOWP.

a_manumohan

Nov 25, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Probably somewhere in Canada?
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-10-2022
AOR Received.
24-10-2022
Yes, you would qualify for a BOWP.
is it mandatory to work for the same employer with the job offer until you get the PR?