+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Implied status is only permit to permit - so if your work permit has expired and you are on a visitor status - you will not get implied status.

You would get implied status only if you are currently on a valid work permit, and have applied for a new work permit.
hi,
thank you so if i was on visitor status then i would wait until my pnp work permit got approved to start working?

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
hi,
thank you so if i was on visitor status then i would wait until my pnp work permit got approved to start working?
Yes, you would need to wait until you receive your new work permit to start working. I think they have since reverted back to making you flagpole so it may be quicker.

Fabiog

Mar 22, 2017
Yes, you would need to wait until you receive your new work permit to start working. I think they have since reverted back to making you flagpole so it may be quicker.
I am currently working with this company and I passed my probation period after 6 months. I wonder if I can use the same job contract/offer I received when I first started or I would need a new offer?
It is permanent and without expiration.

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
I am currently working with this company and I passed my probation period after 6 months. I wonder if I can use the same job contract/offer I received when I first started or I would need a new offer?
It is permanent and without expiration.
This isn't legal advice and I'm just some random on the internet so take this with a grain of salt:

If your work permit expires, and you have not applied for your new work permit by the expiration date, then technically your employment should be terminated as you are no longer permitted to work in Canada.

In your case, it sounds like you would need to have your employer draw up a new offer of employment for your PNP / Work Permit as you would need to be "re-hired" and start employment again.

pw0032239

Oct 24, 2021
need your help in understanding the process
I am about to get a job offer from a reputated IT firm in Ontario, noc code 2173. I have 10 years of experience in this. My crs score is 340 (38 years) and ielts is s=8,r=8,w=6.5,l=7, no Canadian prior experience and bachelors in tech degree
company told me that they will do my lmia and work permit

my question is when can I register for eoi in oinp
what are my chances of getting PR through oinp nomination
the job offer is for long term and pays close to median wages for noc.

or I have to wait for 1 year to be eligible for cec class

Mannam544

Mar 29, 2021
Hi, I have applied OINP-EJ in the month of September so far there is no update in application process simply status is Submitted.
Is there any idea on timelines.

tan_moy

Jan 13, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,

Anyone here got NOI from OINP Foreign Worker Stream or applied in the OINP e filing portal recently?

Regards,
Tanmoy

wsjeen

Jan 16, 2021
Hi, I have applied OINP-EJ in the month of September so far there is no update in application process simply status is Submitted.
Is there any idea on timelines.
I applied at the same time and the status is 'Waiting for information' now. May I know your status? Have you got nomination?

progrey

Star Member
Jul 29, 2018
I am currently working in Canada on PGWP (expires in 7-8 month- graduated from a Canadian Uni in Sept 2019), have more than 1 yr of Canadian experience but since CEC draws are not forthcoming, am thinking of applying for OINP-Employer job offer foreign worker stream. If I successfully get a Nomination from Ontario (2-3 mths), at what point will I become eligible for BOWP? Will I need to get AOR before I become eligible for BOWP? Since AOR takes 6-7 months, my PGWP will expire by that time so advice will be appreciated.

checkbox

Jul 21, 2020
According to the new condition updated on December 8, 2021

“Applicants are required to apply for a work permit within 6 months and begin working in the approved employment position within 10 months from the date of their nomination, if they are not already working for the employer”

Is this condition affect applicants who will get a nomination certificate after Dec-8-21 or all applicants who not already working for the employer but have got nomination certificate?

SATTYY

May 25, 2018
According to the new condition updated on December 8, 2021

“Applicants are required to apply for a work permit within 6 months and begin working in the approved employment position within 10 months from the date of their nomination, if they are not already working for the employer”

Is this condition affect applicants who will get a nomination certificate after Dec-8-21 or all applicants who not already working for the employer but have got nomination certificate?
Hey Buddy, Can you share where did you found this criteria of beging working within 10 months from date of nomination. Is this on your nomination letter or it is available on OINP website.